Selling a Timeshare!!

Actually, we bought it in hopes of not using our home resort and going away. But so far, we were only able to get Hawaii (finally) in the 2 years we've been trying to get into Hawaii.

Ya isn't California a vacation already? :act-up:

Ya isn't California a vacation already? :act-up:

I guess you can say that, we originally bought the timeshare in hopes of taking vacations in other places, not just in San Diego haa haa

Its turning out to be a money pit and is more trouble than its worth...

Actually it doesn't sound like a terrible idea buying a timeshare in your local area. The one biggest complaint I've heard from friends who bought timeshares is that they never go. At least if it was a short drive I'd just go and sleep there from time to time just so I felt like I was getting my moneys worth.

I really hope your able to sell the place though.

What resort is it at? Does it have a golf course and is the course free to play if staying there?

We might be able to work out a rental program if you dont sell it.

Since the agency you bought it through takes 40% of the rental I can work it out for 30% j/k.

Golf Chick do not know anything about these guys was asking around here at the office and someone said to check these guys out may help.

Sell Your Timeshare > Home

So I got some information back on selling my timeshare!! Its not looking pretty. Because its deeded and doesn't hold any value and I still owe a lot on it, this company won't buy it or if they do, it'd only be like a couple hundred bucks. OR they said another option that I have is to go through litigation and they'll find loopholes in the contract to get me out of it, but that'll cost a pretty penny, so maybe not worth it to go that route. So it looks like I'll be stuck with it for a while. I think the thing to do, in the meantime, is to rent it out on our own (instead of through the company) and then using that money to help pay for it. We do get 3 weeks a year, BUT the thing is we have to bank our weeks and make reservations so its not really easy to do if you want to be flexible in renting it out. You bank a certain week and it depends on luck if you're able to rent that particular week or not...so I guess we'll just have to see!!

Rentint it out on our own, I guess it'd help to have a security deposit in case something happens?? :confused2: Or maybe its more trouble than its worth to rent it out? And you need to find trustworthy people who would want to rent it out, so it'll take some work...

YES!!! I just received an offer to sell our timeshare but they want to rent a week out in June to see how they like it. And they are offering as much as we're selling it for. :clapp:

The sad thing: I'm kind of getting used to paying it every month and we only have about 6 more years left before it OURS. BUT on the flip side, it'd be nice to not have to worry about this payment anymore and maybe get something MUCH cheaper in the future :wink:

YES!!! I just received an offer to sell our timeshare but they want to rent a week out in June to see how they like it. And they are offering as much as we're selling it for. :clapp:

The sad thing: I'm kind of getting used to paying it every month and we only have about 6 more years left before it OURS. BUT on the flip side, it'd be nice to not have to worry about this payment anymore and maybe get something MUCH cheaper in the future :wink:

That's good news GC! Congrats.

Maybe this should be in the Rant thread, but I keep getting phone calls - automated ones - on my cell and at work even - asking me if I want to sell my timeshare. It's almost paid for, and we use the properties alot, so we're not giving them up.

Good Luck

Good Luck

I bought one several years ago in Ormond Beach, Fla. I actually never took a vacation at the place and sold it to a friend for pocket change. Even after you pay for it, you still have to pay property taxes and improvement fees etc. I hate high pressure time share sales people. :angry: GC I wish you the best..... I took a huge loss with mine, but it was actually peace of mind from unloading it.....

I bought one several years ago in Ormond Beach, Fla. I actually never took a vacation at the place and sold it to a friend for pocket change. Even after you pay for it, you still have to pay property taxes and improvement fees etc. I hate high pressure time share sales people. :angry: GC I wish you the best..... I took a huge loss with mine, but it was actually peace of mind from unloading it.....

They're going to rent a week in June to see how they like it first. They're a family with kids, so I hope they'll enjoy it and then just pay off what we owe and we'll be done with it!!

Just don't show them this thread :p

My wife and I got a timeshare in Florida through Starwood and we love it. We've exchanged it for a week Hawaii and a Cruise so far. Have yet to actually stay at the home resort.

Back