Senior PGA [Spoilers]

ogiebogie

Reaction score
Handicap
Never really cared for Hale Irwin but if he wins this thing it would be a great win for him
Any thought on the Oldtimers?

Hale Irwin was one heck of a golfer in his prime and if he pulls this win off it will be unreal. The man is getting too old to be whupping the young studs :D

Never really cared for Hale Irwin but if he wins this thing it would be a great win for him
Any thought on the Oldtimers?

I too never really cared for Hale in his prime, but I became a fan of his during his domination fo the Champions Tour. I agree with OG that he is getting too old to be whipping up on the whippersnappers under 60, but it would be a great victory if he can pull it off.

If i was a betting man i would of went with Perry he never really showed up though i,m going for Irwin or Watson either way its great win for both of them

If i was a betting man i would of went with Perry he never really showed up though i,m going for Irwin or Watson either way its great win for both of them

Thats who I thought Perry.

these are the guys I came up with...the ones who actually knew what it meant to "hit it between the screws"..:rockon: Irwin was always a wonderful ball striker, but I agree that he was not the most personable player out there....oh, and Watson's swing is simply timeless...

these are the guys I came up with...the ones who actually knew what it meant to "hit it between the screws"..:rockon: Irwin was always a wonderful ball striker, but I agree that he was not the most personable player out there....oh, and Watson's swing is simply timeless...

I do not think i know of anyone that sweeps the ball as good as Watson he has been doing it for ever longer than i have been alive and thats why he is still in contention when he plays

Irwin at age 65 needed a cushion. The older you are, the less chance of putting together 3 or 4 rounds without one where you're lapped. That double bogey on the final hole today reduced his opportunity by tremendous amount. Instead of 40% he now wouldn't be the top choice, and more like 20%. Too bad Johnny Miller wasn't there to accurately quantify it. None of the other golf commentators are capable.

I always have a soft spot when I see the Japanese golfers up there on the boards, so I'm hoping Murota can hold on. Looks like it should be a good round tomorrow regardless though.

Loren Roberts has a pretty bad case of swamp a#$ going on right now , kinda feel bad for him

Man, did that putt look good, I wish Tom had made it. He just seems to be a super nice guy.

How could anyone root against Tom Watson? One of the best people in golf. Love to see him doing well.

I don't watch a lot of Champions Tour but I haven't turned it off since the BMW's ended. Entertaining today!

Oh my, Tom peeked on that putt. That would have won it.

I'm really pulling for Watson. Perfect tee shot on the first playoff hole. Way to go!

Crud, just a yard right and Watson was in great shape. Bunkered.

Congrats to Tom Watson, great win!

Tom is DA MAN!! Clutch putt after missing from the same range on the 72nd hole.

COngrats to the real TW. Always good to see Watson win.

Back