Senior Tour Pro-AM

Vortex

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to be selected by a member of our executive team for the upcoming Pro-Am at the American Family event in Madison, WI. Our pro is Jerry Kelly and I'm psyched to meet him. Seems like an awesome guy who enjoys a good laugh. If you've been fortunate enough to participate in a similar Pro-Am event, then please share your experiences, tips, suggestions. etc. Thanks.

Key tips: have fun, just play your game - we all 'suck' compared to the pros, ask your pro serious/legit tips - don't act stupid, take advantage of the perks.

Have done the Charles Scwaab and it is great. The best part is listening to the caddie to pro conversation.

Played in a senior tour pro-am about 15 years ago at Rock Barn Golf in Conover, NC. Rocky Thompson was our pro and we had a blast. You'll be surprised by how "normal" it will feel ... just a bunch of guys teaming up for a fun event ... except there's a pro in each foursome. Enjoy!

Played in a senior tour pro-am about 15 years ago at Rock Barn Golf in Conover, NC. Rocky Thompson was our pro and we had a blast. You'll be surprised by how "normal" it will feel ... just a bunch of guys teaming up for a fun event ... except there's a pro in each foursome. Enjoy!
Thanks, this is exactly my approach. Golfing with a good group of guys. I'm not too worried about my game and can usually can keep my ball in play. In addition, I'm not trying to out-drive anyone. I'm very thankful my company FINALLY understands paying travel and wages for a fun day on the golf course is a win-win proposition. :LOL:

I have played in two PGA champions tours pro-ams. One with Duffy Waldorf and this past one was with David Toms. Don’t stress about a thing they are there for fun also. Both were super cool about questions and each one of their caddies was amazing also. You are going to see some great golf and have a blast. Get there early and enjoy the experience!

I have played in two PGA champions tours pro-ams. One with Duffy Waldorf and this past one was with David Toms. Don’t stress about a thing they are there for fun also. Both were super cool about questions and each one of their caddies was amazing also. You are going to see some great golf and have a blast. Get there early and enjoy the experience!
Thanks for the feedback. I really should get the name right...PGA Champions Tour, not the Senior Tour.

I would love to play in one! They are a ton of fun! I was lucky enough to walk inside the ropes of a few of them with Dana Quigley.

Thanks for the feedback. I really should get the name right...PGA Champions Tour, not the Senior Tour.

the first year we had caddies which was fun. Last year was pushcarts and an on-site COVID test. Still fun but having a caddie was killer. Can’t wait to see your pics and hear how you liked it.

the first year we had caddies which was fun. Last year was pushcarts and an on-site COVID test. Still fun but having a caddie was killer. Can’t wait to see your pics and hear how you liked it.
Silly question...did you wear pants or shorts? Forecast says low 90s. Assume shorts are okay. Pre-round instructions didn't say anything about vaccinations or on-site Covid tests.

Silly question...did you wear pants or shorts? Forecast says low 90s. Assume shorts are okay. Pre-round instructions didn't say anything about vaccinations or on-site Covid tests.

Shorts were fine. Cool on the no Covid tests I had to get there. Hours early but it was not hard.

Back