JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you think?

I think it’s a fascinating idea. I’m very not sold on the idea of a square grip, but weight system is pretty clever.

Like all things, I’d definitely want to try it before I spent any serious money on it.

Very interesting concept and design. Something I think you would really have to try to get a better feel for it. Curious to see if this takes off.

Is this something that will be available in stores, or is it a direct to consumer sales model?

hogwash.jpg

As someone who enjoys counterbalanced grips, this sounds very interesting. And to be honest, I kind of like the rectangular shaped R1 - it reminds me of the shaft on a hockey stick.

I've been using one for the last few weeks and I am liking it more than I thought I would. I talked to the owner and discussed how it could help. So I gave it a try. And so far I like it. I was a SS Mid Slim 2.0 person for the longest time. The weight below my dominant hand seems to steady my back stroke a lot.

I was initially concerned about the total weight and the square grip. But the grip feels good in the hands and the placement of the weight makes it not feel heavy like I thought is would. Up to this point I had not used the butt weights that the SS grips came with. Tried a number of those, the 50g, 25g and 75g. But never liked them.

The SAW weights feel fine.

Last edited:
SuperStroke has had a square grip for some time. The rest of this tech seems to be overly complicated, which means gold nerds will love it.

Interesting....I don't see Hank Haney endorsing it yet so it might be decent.

I’ve dabbled with counter balanced grips and do prefer a very heavy putter head(390-400 grams) so this grip is something I’d certainly try.

Never really cared for the feel of extra weight in the extreme butt end but this is intriguing with the ability to move it lower.

Looks interesting. I would try it.

I’ve wanted to give one a go for some time now. It’s unique and interesting in all the right ways for me.

Cool idea and design. Would be into seeing more into them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the idea and concept of the movable weight. I wonder how much it actually matter - maybe another grip to add to the garage to try?

I love the idea and concept of the movable weight. I wonder how much it actually matter - maybe another grip to add to the garage to try?

Ask and you shall receive. Looks like I will be reviewing this grip shortly and I'm excited to see how much the weight can impact the feel. Also - my first square grip, so that's new.

Molten;n8632298 said:

My concern was how I would know where to place the weights. The owner suggests placing it below the dominant hand in my case the right hand.

One benefit fit he said is that it can help steady the backstroke. And for me it has helped steady my stroke. At the same time I the putter does not feel heavy. I still have good feel.

I started with the 30g weight, but added the 10g for 40g total.

I will say that I am surprised in the results. My putting is getting better and I have more confidence.

Below is a pic of my weights next to the grip. It shows where it's placed.

Attachments

• photo35643.jpg
    photo35643.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
dbdors;n8873814 said:
My concern was how I would know where to place the weights. The owner suggests placing it below the dominant hand in my case the right hand.

One benefit fit he said is that it can help steady the back stroke. And for me it has helped steady my stroke. At the same time I the putter does not feel heavy. I still have good feel.

I started with the 30g weight, but added the 10g for 40g total.

I will say that I am surprised in the results. My putting is getting better and I have more confidence.

Below is a pic of my weights next to the grip. It shows where it’s placed.

Interesting - I’ll give that a try with the dominant hand. Do you adjust the weight and then drop it in?

Gimmicky. I’ll pass.

Jman;n8873867 said:

It just feels very “infomercial” to me. Hard to exactly explain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Molten;n8873827 said:
Interesting - I’ll give that a try with the dominant hand. Do you adjust the weight and then drop it in?

Yes, that's basically it. Move it and see how it feels. I have a putt out matt in my office, so I can make 6 or 7 putts. I didn't do a lot of adjusting. Again, that was my initial concern. I IM'd and then later talked to the only on the phone. I was afraid that I would never be able to find the best way or get the best benefit without a bunch of trial and error. But he suggested starting with the 30 and placing it below the dominant hand.

First thing to do is fit the rod. I just placed the little end spacer on, pushed it as far as I could, took a measurement and cut the rod to lengths. Then started with installing the weight. They provide a little tool and making adjustments is pretty simple.

This baby is off to get professionally installed so I don’t mess it up.

a803582a9c8db630a5a4828b9735de27.jpg
d3f007e3f3b9aa67a5bd3397b38dad02.jpg
7880a28ba13a1c695c4a218055876411.jpg

The weight and insert look like it will go beyond the grip and into the shaft, which would be an issue with a few putters on the market.

The golf pro installing this bad boy commented how much he likes the feel of the grip and how it was an interesting concept. The Sense R1 does have a nice feel to it, which is made even more unique with the square shape and lack of texture.

If it works and can help me keep the putter face square, look out world.

Reactions: JB
Back