Sequel better then original

Terminator 2 is better to me than the orignal. Both great though.

all though not really a sequel, Snatch is a better movie than Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

and still probably the best Ritchie movie...

Young Guns 2

Incredibles 2
I like both Kingsman movies equally
Mission Impossible gets better every time
Harry Potter gets better every time

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade better than Raiders of the Lost Ark? I keep telling myself that Raiders is better, but in my head Sean Connery keeps telling me I’m wrong...

I love them both but I think Godfather II is just as good if not ever so slightly better than the original.
Agreed. I like GF1 but I think GF2 is tremendous.
I'm with you boys. Both are fantastic, which is even more impressive. But I like the flashbacks and De Niro in GF2.
The Godfather Part 2 is an answer here...
Part II is both a prequel and a sequel. It is a great movie. I like it better than the original.
Both are great but only one has Brando ...

Hot take here, better than both. No, not GF3. Anybody ever run across the Godfather Saga? It's a version that re-edits GF and GF2 into chronological order. So not a sequel and not really relevant to the topic. But then again, neither is GF2 since it's partly prequel.

Hot take here, better than both. No, not GF3. Anybody ever run across the Godfather Saga? It's a version that re-edits GF and GF2 into chronological order. So not a sequel and not really relevant to the topic. But then again, neither is GF2 since it's partly prequel.
GF3 was awful. Coppolla originally planned it as another prequel and sequel, with DeNiro coming back and half the movie being based on the part of the book that showed how Vito rose in power, met Luca Brasi, his war with the Chicago mob, etc. That would have been much better.

Bad boys 2?

Terminator 2 seems a popular answer. I say no way. Yes, it was more of a Hollywood blockbuster, but the original Terminator was great on so many levels. The fact it was so original. The fact the lead character hardly says a word. The tension. For me, absolutely one of the greatest films ever made. I’d use the same argument with the Star Wars films.
I’d definitely go along with Superman 2, still the best Superman movie ever made IMO.

I know I'm going to get smoked for this one, but taking just the theatrical cuts, I think Blade Runner 2049 is better than Blade Runner.
The Good, The Bad, & the Ugly is better than both A Fistful of Dollars and A Few Dollars More.
Desperado is better than El Mariachi, and I personally found Once Upon a Time in Mexico more entertaining than both, though I understand why people choose Desperado for Selma Hayek-related reasons.
Thor: Ragnarok is the best MCU movie made, making it better than any of its prequels.
Silence of the Lambs is better than Manhunter.
Logan is the best Wolverine film, though it's so thematically and stylistically different it's hard to even consider it a sequel...though Aliens is a radically different film from Alien, and no one seems to mind.

I thought blade runner sucked and the sequel sucked....very overrated movies

Jason Bourne movies and only the first 3 count because the fourth was terrible and the 5th was just meh. To me Bourne Ultimatum (3rd in series) is slightly better than the other two but there all very close. Love the chase scene in Morroco.

Back to the future part 2 better than 1

Back