Sergio Garcia Signs with Callaway

Good for Sergio - granted its immediately after his first major, but a solid move - curious to see what his bag will look like...

I like the paring. He never really fit the TM mold for me.

it's a slant neck atlanta, isn't it? *drool*

Indeed. And, for me, it rivals the want compared to a #7s right now. Will wait and see if it makes it to the garage at the very least.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Can’t wait to see El Niño rocking Callaway gear. All eyes on him at the Masters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's still gotta drive the Callaway peeps a little nutty having to see the Adidas logos all over him meanwhile trying to do some ads.

I like the potential and a signing that will make Callaway a bigger presence overseas. Sergio IMO is a different golfer now that he's married and last year's Masters win. I expect to see a more loose and free Sergio on the course in 2018

It's still gotta drive the Callaway peeps a little nutty having to see the Adidas logos all over him meanwhile trying to do some ads.

Adidas does apparel, TaylorMade doesn’t. I know the two were married, but they’re not under the same company anymore. It’s no different IMO with TM staffers wearing Nike apparel in the M3/M4 video.

There's a solid signing for Callaway and the coming out video was a fun watch. Sergio always seemed to get lost in the shuffle at TM.

Cool video at least. I don’t really care what clubs the tour pros play.

This makes me happy. I’ve followed him since he was a 16 yr old playing in the junior orange bowl. Had mad game then and mad game now!! Great for both him and Callaway.

I hope the relationship is equally mutually beneficial to both parties. I still don't love the guy but I do look forward to seeing what he does with his new equipment.

Good for Sergio and Callaway, should be a great partnership.

Awesome move by Callaway, and even better one by Garcia.

Good for both sides I think.

Pumped to see this as official!

Sergio seems to be one of the better equipment adopters on tour. He is apt to change pretty much anything in the bag with new releases. Heck he mentioned he’s already working with Sean Toulon about another proto putter.

Commercials come off a bit more genuine when the golfer actually switches. I think it’s a solid move by Callaway.

I wonder what the reason was that Sergio did not remain with TM? Was it that TM couldn't afford him going forward now that he had the allure of being a Masters Champion or did Callaway throw some pretty big bucks his way to help grow the brand outside North America? Anyone got any insight?

I could be wrong but I believe it was JB who said that a lot of the people at Taylormade that Sergio was familiar with are no longer there. It may have not felt like the same company to him.

Great to see this ... Sergio is an elite tour golfer wherever he plays.
In time I can easily see him contributing to the brand product line similar to Phil.

I've been using Adidas + Callaway gear for years ...
I'm definitely going to be following Sergio more closely now.

Any truth to the rumor that Sergio will be wearing Granddaddy/THP gear?

Back