Sergio Garcia Signs with Callaway

Nothing tickled my heart more than watching him put multiple balls in the water at The Masters. I could watch that over and over. In fact, I think I'll go to YouTube and find it.

I know Sergio has done some pretty egregious things. Spitting in the cup being probably the worst. I do feel that we as golfers can all understand being frustrated though and cut him a touch of slack. This game will get the better of you at some point.

Also, there are some pretty regular instagram posts of people staging throwing clubs, in lakes, and snapping clubs after bad shots and doing other really stupid things on a golf course that I completely think are ridiculous. So obviously many many can relate to his temper tantrums if people are setting up videos to break and toss clubs.

Sergio playing good is one of the best watches there is. He is such an amazing ball striker. Hopefully with the wife and child he cools down a bit and realizes that he does not want that to be his legacy.

Must say I have to agree with LSMO and barryboymunro.
Not being a fan of the guy is one thing, we all have our opinions. But wishing the guy ill will (e.g., hoping no one signs him) seems over the top for someone you've never met and who hasn't done anything to you personally.

Nothing tickled my heart more than watching him put multiple balls in the water at The Masters. I could watch that over and over. In fact, I think I'll go to YouTube and find it.

dang, he kick your dog or something??:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not being a fan of the guy is one thing, we all have our opinions. But wishing the guy ill will (e.g., hoping no one signs him) seems over the top for someone you've never met and who hasn't done anything to you personally.

A person needs not physically assault me for me to dislike them. This thug routinely disrespects the game we all love. That's plenty of reason for me.

I'm just gonna leave this here. Some decent commentary from the thug himself.

I know Sergio has done some pretty egregious things. Spitting in the cup being probably the worst. I do feel that we as golfers can all understand being frustrated though and cut him a touch of slack. This game will get the better of you at some point.

Also, there are some pretty regular instagram posts of people staging throwing clubs, in lakes, and snapping clubs after bad shots and doing other really stupid things on a golf course that I completely think are ridiculous. So obviously many many can relate to his temper tantrums if people are setting up videos to break and toss clubs.

Sergio playing good is one of the best watches there is. He is such an amazing ball striker. Hopefully with the wife and child he cools down a bit and realizes that he does not want that to be his legacy.

You thinking spitting in the cup is worse than temper tantrums that cause damage to greens and bunkers in the middle of tournaments? That should have led to a suspension and I believe was the beginning of the end to high priced sponsorships.

A person needs not physically assault me for me to dislike them. This thug routinely disrespects the game we all love. That's plenty of reason for me.

I'm just gonna leave this hear. Some decent commentary from the thug himself.

I can't think of a worse word to use to describe Sergio than "thug".. haha.

Right, I said everyone has their opinion and you don't have to be a fan. That's a little different than wishing him ill will, IMO. But you do you.

I can't think of a worse word to use to describe Sergio than "thug".. haha.

I couldn't either. That's why I used that one. I tried to think of as bad a word as I could that would appropriately describe him.

I couldn't either. That's why I used that one. I tried to think of as bad a word as I could that would appropriately describe him.

Baby I could live with. Immature maybe or childish all fit.

Baby I could live with. Immature maybe or childish all fit.

Those all were in the running, but, in the end, I just didn't think they did the job well enough. :)

482ecdec2f786fd45ddbdd89053f66ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No different than aww shucks Phil when the up close attention is on him. Hell even Ray Lewis takes pics with kids and he killed a man.

No different than aww shucks Phil when the up close attention is on him. Hell even Ray Lewis takes pics with kids and he killed a man.

Ive always had great interactions with Phil.
Heck, had great interactions with Sergio including dinner, drinks and hanging out at the course.
I despise what he did on the course over the last 18 months.

Heck, had great interactions with Sergio including dinner, drinks and hanging out at the course.

Similar to Patrick Reeds course actions over the last 18 months?

Depends who you ask. If you think Pat Reed cheated, then no, not the same.
But going ham on a bunker or green during tournament play with others still out there is not cool.

That’s my point, in person anyone can be nice, but acting like an ass elsewhere still means you can also be labeled an ass.

i think it’s a bit different. People have always known Reed is scummy and there were whispers of cheating. Now it’s just fact.
Sergios antics are different.

[/QUOTE

Depends who you ask. If you think Pat Reed cheated, then no, not the same.
But going ham on a bunker or green during tournament play with others still out there is not cool.

I agree. His break down in Saudi Arabia was extremely childish and unnecessary! That’s for sure.

I am very certain that audio was doctored. In fact, I watched that entire press conference and he never said those things.

I guess, watch the video on mute otherwise suffer being fooled by parody nonsense.

I am very certain that audio was doctored. In fact, I watched that entire press conference and he never said those things.

I guess, watch the video on mute otherwise suffer being fooled by parody nonsense.
Eh, the comments probably were doctored. Either way, it's funny. The best part of the video was the 5 straight wedge shots.

Eh, the comments probably were doctored. Either way, it's funny. The best part of the video was the 5 straight wedge shots.

No, not probably. They were. It was overdubbed for the purposes of making Sergio look like a thug.

Yes, the five shots in the drink are one thing. But this video, specifically the audio, is doctored.

I can live with that. I enjoy fiction based comedy like most people.

paraphrasing Sergio post round at Abu Dhabi -

I wasn’t comfortable enough with the golf ball and they needed me to play it so we decided to part way’s nicely though so there was no bad feelings on any part...

Back