Seriously, Golf Channel. An Open Letter.

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
Dear Golf Channel,

Now is your time to shine. Show "Golf's Greatest Rounds," the highest rated episodes of "Feherty." Pull some classics out of the vault, like "Shell's Wonderful World of Golf." Dig up every IP you have the rights to and throw it on the air. You get where I'm going with this.

What are you doing? You're showing the Fu*¢king 2019 WGC Match play on repeat. IT'S BEEN ON FOR WEEKS!

It's time to stop. Surely your advertisers cannot be pleased with your viewership going down the toilet because no one wants to watch a boring tournament over and over again. Where is your leadership?

This is an embarrassment. Fix it.

Sincerely,

A disgruntled Space Bandito

I agree. Much better experience with just YouTube and all the options they have. Been binge watching old Masters final rounds.

If I were any level of brass at GC, I would think that, statistically speaking, more people are watching day time TV right now. What a wonderful opportunity to show some stuff people may want to tune in for and jack up your ad prices for the time slots. How they're handling this makes me wonder how on earth they manage to stay afloat.

It seemed like they were bringing back the Big Break reruns but that was only yesterday?

At a minimum, they should be airing last year's Texas Valero open but probably waiting until Thursday.

It seemed like they were bringing back the Big Break reruns but that was only yesterday?

At a minimum, they should be airing last year's Texas Valero open but probably waiting until Thursday.
The did bring back episodes of "Big Break" for primetime. As far as I can tell, they have only aired the final episode of Season 2. Which they did on repeat for 8 hours last night.

Final rounds of all majors over the last couple of years...is it really that hard? Hell, even NBC and ESPN realized they should show the top rated football games at night...

For golfers, would we all watch the final rounds of majors or events with world class fields?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I watched a couple of episodes of Big Break 2 yesterday, old enough I really don't remember what happened. Running some of those old series would definitely be better than a tournament from last year over and over and over .......

Also, if you want to run previous airings of the tournaments that are supposed to on the schedule right now - air the final rounds for the last 7 years - one each day, twice a day for the week that tournament is scheduled. In the extra time AIR SOMETHING ELSE!

Totally agree with this. I keep thinking some old classic tournaments will pop up....but nope.

Totally agree with this. I keep thinking some old classic tournaments will pop up....but nope.
I looked at the schedule a few days ago and found the final round of the 2014 Open Championship - scheduled to be aired at 1am Pacific (hooray!) I told Hulu to record it, so I could watch at a reasonable hour. I went to find it the next day, and it never aired. :mad:

Agree. Although I do like watching Kisner, but I can only watch him winning so many times

The only problem is that they have 24 hours to fill for months ahead. Im not sure theres enough gold in the vault to fill all that time.

Hammer X infomercial, best rounds, feherty, big break marathon, rinse repeat. Maybe get some of your instructors to do a quarantine special on what drills to do in doors to mix in every few days.

The only problem is that they have 24 hours to fill for months ahead. Im not sure theres enough gold in the vault to fill all that time.
If they pick 100 past tournaments and showed only the final rounds at 4 hours each. Allow 8 hours in the middle of the night for infomercials (or European/Asian Tour.) Fill another 8 hours with original content and movies.

2 tournaments per day (one in am, and one in PM) = 50 days of tournaments alone

Repeat every 50 days.

I'm cool with that.

Agreed, with all but Feherty, love the guy but have no interest in interviews, just give me golf and instructional/swing tips, can watch that stuff all the time.

They showed the old Big Break 2 yesterday, really funny, baggy shirts, pleated shorts, so bad but I enjoyed it. Also back then they didn't have any issues objectifying hot women, so that was fun to see.

I agree their programming so far as been awful. I watch a lot of golf on TV, but I do not want to want reruns of a Thursday non-major tournament. Maybe they are scrambling to figure out options and get things together so I have been giving them the benefit of doubt, but I would love re-runs of Shell's Wonderful World of Golf, major re-runs, Golf's Greatest Rounds, Feherty, documentaries, and even some playing lessons.

i'd like more infomercials on the sk7 putter or square strike....

i'd like more infomercials on the sk7 putter or square strike....
"If you pull out that putter, your buddies are gonna have a field day!"

:rolleyes:

I haven't turned the Golf Channel on in several days. I tired of watching the same footage of the same tournament from last year.

Seriously, they've got a great chance right now and their head pf programming that's making the decisions really needs to be put out to pasture. Their choices are awful!

Completely agree. Show something nostalgic, something informative, something fun.

I don't have the golf channel, so I have to get what I can, which is usually you tube.

I agree how have they only been playing the same things over and over and nothing good. Throw in some classics why don't you, I to have gone to youtube to get my golf fix.

Back