Seriously, Golf Channel. An Open Letter.

I haven’t watched the golf channel in a month. I usually only watched for the Thursday/Friday and the morning coverage on the weekends

I'm thinking there's a chance the golf channel doesn't survive this... and it'll be their programming that does them in.

Watch, the people with access to the archives can't work from home and give us the footage we're looking for.:eek:

So many possibilities here! Even just best holes or something!
Other sports channels are doing something similar and it’s been fantastic.

I stopped watching. All they do is show the same tournament over and over. You would think their archives would have a few more tournaments. At least the NFL Network shows different games.

I binge watched Feherty episodes that they were showing for a few nights when the cancellations of sports started to take place. Atleast the guy is entertaining. (y)

Dear Golf Channel,

Now is your time to shine. Show "Golf's Greatest Rounds," the highest rated episodes of "Feherty." Pull some classics out of the vault, like "Shell's Wonderful World of Golf." Dig up every IP you have the rights to and throw it on the air. You get where I'm going with this.

What are you doing? You're showing the Fu*¢king 2019 WGC Match play on repeat. IT'S BEEN ON FOR WEEKS!

It's time to stop. Surely your advertisers cannot be pleased with your viewership going down the toilet because no one wants to watch a boring tournament over and over again. Where is your leadership?
Thank you, I made this same rant to my 4 walls last week when they were showing some random Tiger tournament from 2018. Let me see some true classics, not something I probably watched a few months ago and didn't care about then for chrissakes.

It sounds like an Ohio radio station (107.9 The End) playing the same REM song for 3 straight days before they went off the air forever.

Definitely seems like they aren't mix it up enough. Seems like an easy thing to fix.

Unfortunately, I can only afford the Trump Package from my satellite provider, which only comes with 3 channels:

1. Fox News
2. Fox Business Network
3. The Golf Channel

Thus, my viewing choices are limited.

Final rounds of all majors over the last couple of years...is it really that hard? Hell, even NBC and ESPN realized they should show the top rated football games at night...

For golfers, would we all watch the final rounds of majors or events with world class fields?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

They most likely don’t have the rights to those. The Masters is CBS and the US Open is Fox. They probably have the rights to the Open and maybe the PGA but maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They most likely don’t have the rights to those. The Masters is CBS and the US Open is Fox. They probably have the rights to the Open and maybe the PGA but maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quite true, but there are a TON of tournaments that they probably hold the broadcast rights to. A few quick phone calls to any other rights holders to discuss payment schedule (who doesn't want more money?) and they should be good to go.

I suppose it is possible that they don't own the rights to any tournament that has aired on CBS, NBC, or Fox (with early broadcasts on GC) - which could be the issue. But considering NBC/Uni has owned GC for a while they should have access to NBC's entire catalogue. I mean, hell, with that kind of access, they can just run Friends all day long and it would be better than this tripe.

Good channel should become majors and feherty repeats... And 🐅 footage in-between... Love the features of watching him... Wouldn't mind watch young tiger woods rounds as they happened before I was into golf.

once Blair O'neal comes back, I'll start watching again :oops:

Well they switched tournaments but now its the 2013 Players on repeat. They have a lot of good content, switch it up. I e. Even home and it’s pretty frustrating not seeing any different content. Maybe it’s all under the GolfPass and they want you to subscribe there.

Well they switched tournaments but now its the 2013 Players on repeat. They have a lot of good content, switch it up. I e. Even home and it’s pretty frustrating not seeing any different content. Maybe it’s all under the GolfPass and they want you to subscribe there.
If it was a subscription push, its very ill-timed. When they see their quarterly statement, some heads will roll.

I rarely tune to the Golf Channel anymore.

i frickin love golf, and crave Golf content. But yet TGC doesn’t do it for me. Can’t put my finger on it but Something’s amiss.

If they pick 100 past tournaments and showed only the final rounds at 4 hours each. Allow 8 hours in the middle of the night for infomercials (or European/Asian Tour.) Fill another 8 hours with original content and movies.

2 tournaments per day (one in am, and one in PM) = 50 days of tournaments alone

Repeat every 50 days.

I'm cool with that.
Whats wrong with the Euro and Asian tours? At their worst, theyre no more boring than any of the meaningless weekly PGA Tour events. Id honestly prefer them show majors from 10 or 20 years ago over the weekly PGA Tour events that no one cares about.

Golf Channel's programming director either doesnt have access to much inventory, or hes an idiot.

It's probably not as easy as many think, they can't just broadcast any event they like without dealing with the sponsors, club, etc., there are all sorts of challenges/costs involved I'm sure.

Unfortunately, I can only afford the Trump Package from my satellite provider, which only comes with 3 channels:

1. Fox News
2. Fox Business Network
3. The Golf Channel

Thus, my viewing choices are limited.

That package would never be offered in Sacramento.:) I know, I lived there for 20 years.

Thank goodness for you tube! Just watched the last episode of Tourist Sauce. That’s my golf watching fix now.

Whats wrong with the Euro and Asian tours? At their worst, theyre no more boring than any of the meaningless weekly PGA Tour events. Id honestly prefer them show majors from 10 or 20 years ago over the weekly PGA Tour events that no one cares about.
Nothing at all. I just put informericals ahead of them due to the middle of the night aspect. GC may make more money selling the time slots rather than just the ad space.

I always enjoyed the Shells Wonderful World of Golf shows......especially how they had to “pop” the putts

I'll put in another vote for SWWOG. Love those matches.

GC is just mailing it in now....

Back