Seriously, what is going on in Florida?!?!

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Local/newFLAG03032009.htm

Woman allegedly used golf cart as weapon in attack
By HEATHER SCOFIELD
Staff Writer

BUNNELL -- A Flagler Beach woman driving a golf cart is accused of intentionally running over another woman who was watching a game of horseshoes, dragging her under the cart for about 15 yards before stopping.

Linda Lee Pearce, 41, was arrested and charged with aggravated battery for reportedly running over Verna Boylan, 56, Palm Coast, near the horseshoe pits behind the Roadhouse Bar in Flagler Beach, according to a report from the Flagler County Sheriff's Office.

Witnesses said Boylan was watching the horseshoe games around 8 p.m. Tuesday when Pearce ran her down and continued driving, even after Boylan became stuck under the cart, the report states.

A passenger in Pearce's golf cart told deputies Pearce was behind the wheel when she noticed Boylan. The witness told police that Pearce said, "Oh, there's the (expletive) . . . I'm going to run her over," and, then, she drove the cart straight into Boylan.

Another witness saw Boylan being dragged and ran alongside the cart, trying to engage the brake until the cart finally stopped, the sheriff's report states. Boylan told deputies Pearce cursed at her as she lay injured on the ground, and then Pearce fled in another golf cart.

After Boylan was taken to Florida Hospital Flagler to be treated for her injuries, deputies found Pearce "visibly intoxicated" at her home, the report states. Before she was arrested, Pearce claimed Boylan had walked in front of her golf cart and, then, asserted to the deputy that he would've done the same thing had he been in her shoes, the report states.

Pearce was later released on $5,000 bail.

I can only assume that the 56-year-old victim had stepped on the younger woman's putting line in some previous round. :beat-up:

People are CRAZY! :clown:

I think they get too much sun down there. Makes 'em nuts!

I think they get too much sun down there. Makes 'em nuts!

i think you may be right smalls. so many of these crazy stories come from this state! :beat-up:

Back