I’m always pondering this too, but I agree with a lot of you that mentally the set wedge makes me feel better making a full swing.

I think that has to do with mind set. My wedges are my scoring clubs and as such Everytime I pull one, I’m thinking about score and how this shot can help increase my chances of getting a better score.

A lot of people are saying they use set wedges and see them as an extension of their irons which, for me, have a different approach to scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that point, and it makes sense for sure. You want to have the best club in that position that will allow you to pull off the intended shot and that you are most comfortable with.
The video actually was able to show the differences for different shots.
I play both full and partial shots with my PW, but sometimes I don't get the feel I am looking for.

@2BFAST could maybe throw up the link for the video and then see if people have a different view.

I understand that point, and it makes sense for sure. You want to have the best club in that position that will allow you to pull off the intended shot and that you are most comfortable with.
The video actually was able to show the differences for different shots.
I play both full and partial shots with my PW, but sometimes I don't get the feel I am looking for.

@2BFAST could maybe throw up the link for the video and then see if people have a different view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdJHSzIWXs4

I know, I know....its Marck Crossfield....but the point of the video is interesting......

Do you think there is a significant feel difference between the two? I noticed when I took out the set AW (the 765 AW is probably the best looking set AW there is out there) that I had better success at going for pins also the spin was better on the SM7 compared to the AW

As Alex said, it's a comfort thing. Even when I'm not hitting the ball well, I'm always confident with a blade wedge. It's also helpful that with a 46* blade wedge, I pretty much have up to 145yds covered with a club style I'm confident in, with more spin than the set pw.

It's also helpful that with a 46* blade wedge, I pretty much have up to 145yds covered with a club style I'm confident in

Such a beast

I think that has to do with mind set. My wedges are my scoring clubs and as such Everytime I pull one, I’m thinking about score and how this shot can help increase my chances of getting a better score.

A lot of people are saying they use set wedges and see them as an extension of their irons which, for me, have a different approach to scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your approach makes sense and I've gamed both - the spin aspect I never thought about but I need to consider now.

Such a beast

it's unreal watching him compress the hell out of a ball. Awesome when he's on your team, sadness when he's your opponent.

Your approach makes sense and I've gamed both - the spin aspect I never thought about but I need to consider now.

it was a game changer for me when I played a 46* MD3. I was going for pins more because I knew the spin was there and didn't have to depend on a perfect shot to have a chance. With the set PW, more often than not, to get the result I wanted, i had to sacrifice one aspect for another, ie. if i wanted to get the height then i had to sacrifice the distance control. If i wanted distance control, i couldn't really focus on roll out because I was more focused on controlled swing.

Such a beast
Dude I hit the snot out of wedges. Everything else is a crapshoot. lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

it was a game changer for me when I played a 46* MD3. I was going for pins more because I knew the spin was there and didn't have to depend on a perfect shot to have a chance. With the set PW, more often than not, to get the result I wanted, i had to sacrifice one aspect for another, ie. if i wanted to get the height then i had to sacrifice the distance control. If i wanted distance control, i couldn't really focus on roll out because I was more focused on controlled swing.

This is what I was looking for, and it makes sense. In my opinion, better to have something in your hand you are comfortable and confident in and you know what to expect over a possible hit and miss scenario.
Thanks for making that a bit more understood.

This is what I was looking for, and it makes sense. In my opinion, better to have something in your hand you are comfortable and confident in and you know what to expect over a possible hit and miss scenario.
Thanks for making that a bit more understood.

want to test a 46* out against your set PW on course? I have an extra 46* i can send you for testing if you want.

Thought I would give this a bump for some weekend exposure.

Back