Shaft Adapter Redesigns

M2Giles

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish
Which OEM needs to update their shaft Adapter?

For me it's Callaway. I like the fact that it keeps the shaft aligned no matter the setting but it weighs a lot more. We already are seeing the need to update it and reduce weight with the Fairway and Hybrid adapters getting modifications in the epic flash lineup.

Any adapter without a cog system.

I’ll die saying it was Nike that had it right.

any of them that need an instructional manual to understand. titleist comes to mind.

any of them that need an instructional manual to understand. titleist comes to mind.
Pretty sure Titleist does that to encourage people to go get fit. Once it's set, it shouldn't be messed around with.

Pretty sure Titleist does that to encourage people to go get fit. Once it's set, it shouldn't be messed around with.
I don't really care why they do it. Their letter/number thing is annoying.

Last edited:
I don't really care why they do it. Their letter/number thing is annoying.
I agree. However, I do want all brands to provide a chart showing face angle/lie angle/loft for their adapter at each setting.

While that sounds great, if that were the case, they wouldnt supply a card with all of the settings on it, right?

I wish all the brands could be like Callaway where the shaft doesn't rotate. I just think Callaway's is too big and clunky but it works.

Callaway needs to ditch that gigantic monstrosity and go full time with the small adapter

Taylormade needs to stop living in the RBZ days

Any company that doesn’t have an adapter that keeps the grip setup consistent. It’s 2020. We have rockets that have their booster rockets self land, but you’re SOL if you don’t play a dual cog like adapter.

Any adapter without a cog system.

I’ll die saying it was Nike that had it right.

Their last version was what Tina Turner would say is Simply the Best

Their last version was what Tina Turner would say is Simply the Best

Hands down. It’s amazing this IP hasn’t been bought by any company yet.

While that sounds great, if that were the case, they wouldnt supply a card with all of the settings on it, right?
You get a manual with your car, but if you ask the manufacturer they wouldn't suggest ripping the engine apart.

Back