Cjgolf25

Reaction score
Handicap
So I have decided to do some experimenting with different shafts and am in need of a Callaway adaptor. Naturally I looked on eBay and every single one I see uses the term “OEM Quality” which leads me to believe it’s not an authentic Callaway adaptor but rather an aftermarket adaptor. Has anyone had any dealings with aftermarket adaptors? Are they pieces of junk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t say for sure but “genuine OEM” adapters I’ve bought off of eBay looked suspect due to the text markings but they always worked fine.

So I have decided to do some experimenting with different shafts and am in need of a Callaway adaptor. Naturally I looked on eBay and every single one I see uses the term “OEM Quality” which leads me to believe it’s not an authentic Callaway adaptor but rather an aftermarket adaptor. Has anyone had any dealings with aftermarket adaptors? Are they pieces of junk?

I have purchased about a half dozen non-OEM adapters off Ebay for $15 - $18 each and never had an issue with any of them.

Shaft Adaptors

I can’t say for sure but “genuine OEM” adapters I’ve bought off of eBay looked suspect due to the text markings but they always worked fine.

I bought a “Genuine” Bridgestone adaptor last year for my J815. It possible that it was aftermarket but I can’t say for sure. I didn’t have any issue with it other than the ferrule would seperate from the adaptor but that could have been attributed to the installer.

I have purchased about a half dozen non-OEM adapters off Ebay for $15 - $18 each and never had an issue with any of them.

Perhaps I will just get one and see if it’s any good. If you have bought that many with no issues, I can only hope I too will have no issues.

I have a Cobra "aftermarket" adaptor that is mislabeled.

I’ve had no issues with the aftermarket Cally adapters that Diamond Tour Golf sells for $15. They are in the US too which eliminates them being shipped from China.

I've used many aftermarket Cobra adapters and one Callaway, all without issue.

Update: Got my adaptor from the bay and it is working just fine. Thanks for the input guys

Back