Shaft bands or no shaft bands

Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
If you have the option on your clubs. Do you take shaft bands off or leave them on?

I like a clean look. I like the brands that have the shaft sticker on the underside of the club while at address.

Leave them on. Probably a holdover from hockey, but I like seeing the artwork.

In many ways there is not an option. Lots of shaft have printed on labels that can’t be removed.

I prefer the stickers, because you don't have to put them on to begin with, or can get them off. The silkscreen and etching can annoy me sometimes.

I say keep them on. You may sell the clubs at a later time and the bands will give the next owner the shaft info. I wheel and deal a lot of clubs and it is frustrating to not have the shaft info readily available.

I like to take them off, like the clean look

Shaft bands don't bother me at all. Only time I've ever removed them is the one time when their degree of fraying, oddly enough, distracted me.

At risk of compromising resale value/attraction I get them off as soon as I get them! I like an iron to look as plain, clean and simple as possible...

It’s a non issue, theres a lot more visual information to focus on rather than the inherent branding by manufacturers. If I am focused on the manufacturing insignia ,flex, weight ,country of origin etc then l am not focused on the ball which possibly has manufacturing insignia, model ,number etc hahaha

Tough to remove the graphics from graphite shafts. :LOL: Back in the day when I played steel, I always left them on.

Once on a custom build I decided not to put the stickers on. I still have those irons but I have no idea what they are anymore :ROFLMAO: other than they are Rifle shafts :(

Leave them on. They don't bother me in the least. You're not really looking at them anyway, if the shaft & grip are configured right (y)

I never thought about it.......I’m sure I’ll obsess over it when I hit the range today.

I never thought about it.......I’m sure I’ll obsess over it when I hit the range today.

Sorry.. I guess I shouldn't ask whether you are a grips logo up or grips logo down guy then..

I'm not going to remove them because they don't bother me too much. There is one label on one of my wedges that's beginning to curl on 1 edge... I haven't decided whether I'm leaving it or taking it off. And I only notice it when I carry my wedge close to the label.

Back