hedley_lamarr08

Happy to be here.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I sat my 6 iron down behind the ball today and the shaft is bowed. It's obviously not horrible but I could see it. My 5 iron shaft recently broke after a normal golf swing. The PW is bowed slightly at the tip. I know 100% certain that nothing has been beaten, slammed on, dropped on.... Even though the shaft is likely not stiff enough for me, this can't me normal. Can it? They are KBS Tour regular.... I'll have to do something about this and it may force my hand in to a new set of irons this weekend. Any input on this happening helps....

KBS has some history with weak tip sections that end up bending. If it's the tip, I've heard it before.

I had that on my 50. I called him mr bendy.

One is “just the tip” on the PW the 6 iron is midway about the same point where my 5 iron recently broke. If I had abused them I wouldn’t be mad but this isn’t acceptable. True Temper from now on I guess.

Odd. Not to hit your ego but the softest shaft in the world cannot be bent by normal use by the worlds fastest hardest swinger. So get that thought out.
Are they old? Shafts can get water in them down the grip end and rust out from the inside. That is how all the ones I’ve bent or broken that weren’t wrapped around a post or my knee lol.
Not normal at all. Not done by normal use. Hard to say but could be rusted out causing failure from the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well its not an ego issue lol I was shocked when i seen it... clubs have always been dry and well cared for... nothing over a tree or knee... I can't make any sense of it... waiting to here from KBS on it. If they send me shafts I'll have them for sale, I'm gonna buy new irons I guess and get away from them.. this has been a brand issue from what i've been able to gather......

Yikes. Kim Bradley must be pulling his hair out lol. Crazy.
If you wash you clubs and grips - that’s how water gets in them. Even being careful it’d be hard to wash with soap and water with a scrub brush and not get a single drop down the little hole at the end of the grip. Also change in temps could cause condensation on the inside. The outside of shafts are chrome so they’re protected but inside is raw steel primed to rust out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no reason to wash a shaft.... just wipe that and the grip off... bad batch perhaps... 3 shafts... wondering when the two bowed will break... matter of time it seems

I'd think if a shaft rusted inside, it'd break not bend.

Has anything happened to them?

I played golf with a buddy one time and his drives normally went straight. They were going to the right... noticeably to the right. He was complaining about it and trying to fix his swing. I asked what has changed with his clubs. "Nothing" was his response.
"did anything happen to your clubs?" I asked.
"Well, I was rearended the other day..."
"Were your clubs in the trunk?"
"Well, yeah, but they're fine."
We looked at his driver... it was bent at the hosel by several degrees when he was hit from behind by another driver with his clubs in the trunk.

Anything happen to your clubs? Have you got kids? Do you leave your clubs and bag around out of sight?

well its not an ego issue lol I was shocked when i seen it... clubs have always been dry and well cared for... nothing over a tree or knee... I can't make any sense of it... waiting to here from KBS on it. If they send me shafts I'll have them for sale, I'm gonna buy new irons I guess and get away from them.. this has been a brand issue from what i've been able to gather......
I have seen online that this has been an issue with them. I have played them a couple of years and haven’t seen anything, but I will keep my eyes open.

Has anything happened to them?

I played golf with a buddy one time and his drives normally went straight. They were going to the right... noticeably to the right. He was complaining about it and trying to fix his swing. I asked what has changed with his clubs. "Nothing" was his response.
"did anything happen to your clubs?" I asked.
"Well, I was rearended the other day..."
"Were your clubs in the trunk?"
"Well, yeah, but they're fine."
We looked at his driver... it was bent at the hosel by several degrees when he was hit from behind by another driver with his clubs in the trunk.

Anything happen to your clubs? Have you got kids? Do you leave your clubs and bag around out of sight?

no, they've been well cared for... 3 shafts only.... the 6 iron and PW... the 5 irons broke after a swing... had a witness for that one... really weird

Sorry to hear. Are you thinking of contacting KBS and seeing if they'll help or are you just going to have the shafts replaced?

In the 60's and 70's Tour pros used to bend shafts to achieve a particular shot shape.

Sorry to hear. Are you thinking of contacting KBS and seeing if they'll help or are you just going to have the shafts replaced?

I've been in contact with them. I live in WV and with the virus everything close to me was closed so I had to ship it to California to be fixed. Plus pay for the shaft. That's an extra $30 plus the shaft and repair cost at $68... I could have gotten a new 5 iron from Ping for very close to that... Ive sent them pictures. If they offer to replace them I'll likely sell the shafts because of the cost for install and new grips just pisses me off. I'll buy a new set, trade in what I have and sell the shafts for something.. maybe trade for a club

I hope you get what you're looking for.... either club replacement, shaft replacement, or great trade in value!

I had a set of the c-taper 120s that had an issue. I've never heard of any general trend or issue outside of that. I hope you get it sorted.

That hardly makes it seem like common practice, and more like a reaction to a bad shot.

Back