Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
>10
yay or nay?

for swing clubs?
for putters?

maximum length on either?

i dunno for irons/drivers my buddy did it and he didn’t like it still can’t hit that wedge to this day and he did it 5 years ago

Had my current gamer (putter) extended fro. 34” to 35” and it’s been glorious

used will peoples highly recommend his work

I have did it twice and ended up replacing the shafts both times.

If it was a set I picked up on the cheap just for fun, I had some extended. Only 1/2". It's going to add a little butt-end weight. :love:
My guy would epoxy in actual shaft pieces from all the extras he had laying around, rather than "extensions." I do that to extend my putters. (y)

Had some old TA Form Forged that were kinda beat up so just added some extensions. Hit them at the golf dome over the winter one year.
Didn't want the mats/balls wearing off the finish my good set.

Added an extender to my putter (34" to 35"). Very happy with the result and putting better too!

Not to hijack the thread but has anyone extended a Stroke Lab shaft? I'm thinking about experimenting with maybe a 2 inch extension. How did you address the weight at the top end of the shaft?

Last edited:
I had both my CBX wedges extended: The 54° by 1 in. and the 58° by 3/4 in. The 54° based upon my club guy's recommendation after checking it against my PW and 58° LW, both of which swung well for me, and, later, the 58° to match the 58° LW I already had, which worked well for me out of bunkers.

I swing +1 in. irons, and they work well for me. (My club guy is aware of that, too.)

So, yea, if that's what you want/need to swing the club well.

I was thinking of extending the shaft on the driver I'm putting together, but I found it already comes out to 45-1/2 in., so I'm leaving it as-is.

Typically I would do a 1:1 ratio of insertion vs. extension to a certain point on swing clubs as there is a considerable amount of force applied during transition. This can be adjusted on the players tempo use digression. Never use steel on graphite and make sure to prep both the butt interior and extension exterior properly before install. Putters have at it as it is unlikely to face the same abuse.

did you use any specific extension?

I talked to the guys at Golf Galaxy one day about putter lengths and mentioned reshafting due to length. They suggested a 1”insert and said I wouldn’t feel a difference. They were right. Wish I could provide details about the insert.

I said this in another topic, but I never use extensions of any kind for anything outside of the putter.

I have done putters to experiment with different lengths but have not done swing clubs. With swing clubs, don't think you would want to do more than an inch.

I have had to extend every driver I use and have done several for friends. I am a big fan of 48" drivers and the only way to get one is to Extend if using shafts that are readily available at reasonable prices. these are generally 46" long. so a 1 -2 inch extension is needed and never have had a problem.
Never have done a putter.

Not to hijack the thread but has anyone extended a Stroke Lab shaft? I'm thinking about experimenting with maybe a 2 inch extension. How did you address the weight at the top end of the shaft?

way to be a good teammate and hijack cody’s thread

😂😂😂

I acquired a used Vokey SM7 60 that I had a 1/2 extension added. No issues with that. If a full set were involved I’d probably get proper shafts installed

Back