Shaft Gurus what would be the difference?

jhtr20

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm shaft pondering. My driver is fitted with a Project X HZRDUS Black 75g 6.0, what would the performance change be if I went to the 62G shaft in the same model?
Wondering if distance would increase with the lighter shaft but thinking dispersion would increase as well. Comments welcome.

For many, slightly lower weight will have a slight increase in spin (not always) and you might see an increase in distance due to being able to swing it faster. But sometimes you loose feel/rhythm and don’t make a good contact. If you were fit for the heavier shaft then I wouldn’t worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both of those shafts and here's what I think.

The difference would be 95% feel. There may be a few small changes to launch/spin/speed/dispersion but ultimately they will be so small it would be impossible to measure due to strike differences from shot to shot. The only way dispersion would change for the better or for the worse is if overall it felt better or worse.
Just my opinion - hope it helps.

I have both of those shafts and here's what I think.

The difference would be 95% feel. There may be a few small changes to launch/spin/speed/dispersion but ultimately they will be so small it would be impossible to measure due to strike differences from shot to shot. The only way dispersion would change for the better or for the worse is if overall it felt better or worse.
Just my opinion - hope it helps.

Thank you. There are some 62g on ebay brand new uncut tempting me. If we only had the time and resources to test all the shafts we wanted......

I'm not a guru but I play one on TV.

Wait, I am a guru, at least when it comes to HZRDUS. The 62 and 75 have the same bend profile so you should see pretty much the same launch and spin. If you swing the 62 gram part faster than you might pick up a little more spin.

There will be a feel difference, the 62 gram is higher torque so it will feel softer, especially on off center hits.

DB

I'm not a guru but I play one on TV.

Wait, I am a guru, at least when it comes to HZRDUS. The 62 and 75 have the same bend profile so you should see pretty much the same launch and spin. If you swing the 62 gram part faster than you might pick up a little more spin.

There will be a feel difference, the 62 gram is higher torque so it will feel softer, especially on off center hits.

DB

I 2nd and 3rd what this guy says. I had both shafts and the heavier shaft gave me a little better performance but feel was definitely a touch harsh on off center hits.

The 62 Hzrdus Black 6.0 plays on the softer side of stiff for me. My SS is about 106mph and I much prefer the 6.5 flex in that shaft.

Back