shaft lengths in sumo 5000 compared to 907d2

AK jr.

d2 college player
Reaction score
Handicap
JB you may be able to help most with this. I have a sumo 5000 with a ust v2 shaft in it, standard length which i would assume plays to 45 inches as standard. I also have a titleist 907d2 with a ysQ which also plays to 45 i assume. being that the titleist is bore through and the nike isnt, are these shafts actually the same length? because i am wanting to have the v2 pulled from the nike and put in the titleist but im wondering if it will play to 45 or not. thanks

AK, I actually do not know. I think Gummi Bear might be the right guy to speak to.

ok hopefully he will read this thread

That's a good question.

Let me do some research on hosel depth, and I'll report back tomorrow.

"standard length" is relative anymore. I see several drivers that are anywhere from 44½ to 46" now, my G10 came as 45-3/4". I cut it down to 44½", and I seem to have a little bit more control.

You can measure the length, if you have a 4' ruler (a yardstick plus 1 :D) Lean

The shaft on any bore through head is going to be longer than a non bore through. To make the shaft swap you will need your club guy to convert your Titleist driver head to a blind bore. What this involves is setting a small section of shaft into the head in effect acting as a plug. This will allow you to put in the V2 at its current length. With out it your V2 will play about an inch shorter than it currently does...so you would have to put an extension in the butt end of the shaft. I hope that helps.

ya thanks andy. that was what i was thinking because of the bores, i just wasn't sure. its kind of a last minute thing and i don't think i have time to do it today before i leave for a week so i may just wait till i get back and find a new shaft so i don't have to plug it up

Back