Shaft Manufacturer You Gravitate Towards?

Mitsubishi Rayon and Aldila for woods. TT for irons. I’m a big fan of the AMT line from TT.

I like the consistency and play of UST Mamiya and the reputation of True Temper. Those two would be preferred for me.

I rarely buy aftermarket shafts unless buy used so generally go with stock options but recent 5 year history has been:

- Irons (UST Recoils, MMT IN ‘2021);
- Wedges (UST Recoils)
- Driver (Project X, Accra in 2021)
- FW/Hybrids (no preference).

Always seem to fit best into kbs, and Fuji but never tried a lot of them either.

Prior to THP I didn't know much about shafts... What I did know was that ProjectX was pretty good. So both times I've been fit I've had ProjectX shafts installed - so far so good.

I tend to gravitate towards True Temper irons shafts. I had some in a pair of irons and I really liked how I played with that setup, so I stuck with them. They have plenty of options to fit what I want to do.

For irons I've stuck with Nippon since i keep getting fit Into them. For the first time I am trying Mitsubishi graphite (MMT) in my Apex irons and so far so good. For woods and drivers i tend to gravitate to Fujikura and UST Mamiya as they have both worked really well for me.

I don't think I have a real preference. I tend to go in with an open mind to the fitting. Right now I am Nippon in my irons, Aldila in my driver, Oban in my 3W, Fujikura in my 5w and a PX in my 4 utility. I was fit for the irons, 3W and while not fit before buying my driver have done a couple of fittings since and it wasn't beat by enough to justify changing it. The 5w and 4 utility were off the rack buys that I hit well in the shop.

Fujikura in my woods

Project X Catalyst in my irons

Both because of fittings.

UST Mamiya, Nippon, and TT/PX get my first and foremost looks.

PX/TT. Good people there, and I like supporting those types of places.

Not to say other companies don't, but I just haven't had much experience with them!
Same here. Big fan of PX/TT.

Project X EF, KBS Tour V, Nippon Modus3, Mitsubishi Tensei have been at the top of my list lately. Don't get many opportunities to try out others and I'm an odd fit anyway.

UST, and it's primarily because of the education Iv'e gotten about them from THP, and in that same light, Project X is a close second. Maybe KBS third as I've seen some success with their shafts previously.

Project X pretty dominates my lineup pretty heavily. There's a smattering of a large variety of others.

Back