Shaft Manufacturer You Gravitate Towards?

Project X for me. I've used UST in my irons and liked them well enough, but my next set will be ACCRA.

Fujikura, True Temper and Graphite Design.

Woods: Fujikura, UST
Love the feel and results I get from the Speeder series. Specifically iii
Irons: Nippon, TT
Fit into the Nippon Modus3 and keep gravitating back to it.

I never once thought about shaft companies before joining THP. Now I want a station in my garage where I can switch out shafts! The first club I bought with the shaft in mind was a new to me Mavrik Max driver with HZRDUS Smoke Black shaft and my dispersion tightened ridiculously compared to my previous driver. Because of that, I generally look to Project X first when I have a shaft ponder.

exactly, I bought a shaft cutting tool and sander, Shaft puller, and i already had the gripping station for a couple of years...I have done my driver and 3 wood a couple of weeks ago with HZRDUS Black Smoke, 5.5's. I ordered my Hogan combo set with UST Mamiya 780 SW's as i transition to graphite in my irons......I am working to try a couple of different shafts in them though, the SW's are "okay" and all hogan offered and i really want to put a Recoil Dart and a 110 Recoil in a couple of them as i believe that would suit me better so i need to test. Also have been looking at the KBS TGI in a regular so if there are any laying around anywhere....
So i guess no, i am not leaning any certain way as i am still looking for the "right" graphite for my irons.

Project X for irons

Mitsubishi Chemical for woods

At the moment
Driver: Graphite Design
Woods: MCI Diamana
Irons: Nippon
Wedges: Project X

what shafts are in your wedges, and how would you describe them?

what shafts are in your wedges, and how would you describe them?
I bought 3 sets of Scratch 8620 56* and 60* wedges in like 2014 and put PX flighted 6.0 shafts in all of them bc that is what I was playing in my irons. I have not played PX iron shafts since like 2015 but I have continued using the multiple sets of wedges I built then. I would describe them as mid/mid and use them only because I have gotten use to that feel in my wedges.

UST for woods and hybrids.

KBS for iron and wedges

both have been good for my game.

UST and PX for sure

Just trying to beat @JDax to it...

nippon.jpg

Mitsubishi for woods and hybrids, KBS for irons.

The OG: Tour V - KBS. It just flat out works for no good reason (and because TT discontinued DG SL haha)
The Graphite: Recoil 110 proto - UST Mamiya. I have very good reason.
The newcomer: IO/LS - Project X - Because @+7 KPTT wears rope hats
The Driver: OG Hzrdus Yellow - Project X - Monster

And then bits and bobs trying to make the bag.. and a random Rogue hybrid shaft that won't go away haha

Oban and Accra.

Mitsubishi rayon and it’s because of their blue profile. Diamana blue tensei blue etc. love that feeling. Kick torque and profile really suit me. Never been recommended one in a fitting. But one has been in my bag since 2007 and been in 6 different drivers probably. Literally I pull it myself and install in new club and hope and so far it’s worked. Even to the point club champion said to just keep it as nothing new is beating it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project X! Because of the THP experience and learning the insane science, craftsmanship, and quality control that goes into their shafts. They have the best shaft for me and my swing as well. Additionally, their stock offerings are the same as their aftermarket shafts.

Fujikura

PX and UST for woods

Nippon and TT for irons

not sure why it's this way...

For irons and wedges it’s UST. For my woods I bounce around but have had predictable success with UST & Graphite Design. The Ventus is the first Fuji offering ive liked in a long time.

UST Mamiya for iron and wedge shafts.

I've always preferred the KBS profiles in irons and I'm really liking Fujikura for graphite in driver, woods, etc. Runner-up would be Mitsubishi for graphite options, they always surprise me for the cost.

Mitsubishi and Nippon. I try everything but keep coming back home.

I seem to heavily gravitate towards Mitsubishi, Project X & DG. I have played a number of different shaft brands both in woods and irons. One thing that always seems to remain a constant in the bag is the DG wedge (S200) shafts.

UST Mamiya obviously!

Naturally without any bias from the forum or social media, I gravitate towards PX and True Temper. They’re shafts just feel good to me and they perform well when I’ve tried them.

Back