JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Ever just pick up a club, any club and with in the first swing know the shaft is literally perfect for you? No numbers no anything, because it is as if it’s an extension of your arm and nothing else matters?

Yep...and I believe you tossed me the club. Hasn't been out of the bag since.

The Diamana Kai'Li was like that for me at the time. I blindly ordered a Razr Fit with a AD DI and just didn't get along with it. I wanted a different shaft as fast as possible. I bought a Kai'Li online and had immediate success with it. It made impact feel completely different to me and the ball seemed to go a mile. I used that shaft in probably the next 3 drivers I bought.

Ever just pick up a club, any club and with in the first swing know the shaft is literally perfect for you? No numbers no anything, because it is as if it’s an extension of your arm and nothing else matters?
Hmmm, maybe my custom shaft. But that has changed even a bit over the years.

Yes, the Recoil 110s in my Forged Tecs. First time I put them in play, I lost 2-1 in the semi-finals of my course's senior match play but shot 38.

Maybe it wasn't just the shafts but those clubs just felt right the first time I waggled them.

Yes. Years ago I picked up one of our assistant pros Callaway Big Bertha with a Titanium shaft. I couldn't steal his driver so I ordered the exact one and hit the snot out of it for several years. Longer than I usually play a driver.

Pretty close to that at Shaft Up with the Helium in the Cobra F8. And it was glorious.

I need him to do that for me. :LOL:
I mean it was like a match made in heaven. I've never been as confident off the tee. His only comment...don't sky mark that driver on the next tee box.

This absolutely has happened to me.... with a used Big Bertha Alpha 5W.... has Aldila Rogue Max x-shaft and after the first swing the combo just absolutely worked for me

No....But I dream for that moment to happen. Maybe some day......

My original comment was in regards to driver only. I will say having gamed recoils this year its going to be hard to go away from them in the future unless they just don't mesh with the club head

I put the UST LINQ in my new driver and have loved it from swing 1.

Hasn't happened yet in my driver. In my 3w, the closest I've felt to that was my HZRDUS Red.

This was actually the case for the driver I got fit for. He handed me the setup and I gained swing speed and couldn't miss the center of the face. The 588 hybrid was the first club ever like this though.

My i25s were like this too. I should never have gotten rid of those.

Felt that way with the old Matrix White Tie....just perfect.

A friend of mine Bought new clubs and was down at the range when we came in. I went down to say hello. He asked me if i wanted to try the driver and the First swing was "DAMN" Die Straight and LONG. No Effort, smooth swing....I have hit it a couple of times while we have played together in the last couple of weeks before i broke my foot, SAME RESULTS ! so yeah.....HZRDUS Smoke, Regular + in a Hogan GS53. I don't have the head yet, but.....I have the shaft
FCFD520D-1365-4371-ACBD-872FCADFADBD.jpegC99C51C2-2E6E-43AC-B904-859302D56F6A.jpeg

First time I tried the HZRDUS Yellow in the XR16

Yup. I used to be really really boring and literally straight off the shelf oem stuff shaft swing. Not to mention standard loft and lie.

all of that had changed now......thanks THP

Nope...cant say I have

So far the closest to this is the ventus line. I am a big fan.

Back