Well - what I know is that my wife was fitted into a senior flex based on her swing speed and what she needed off the tee with the driver. Mainly about swing speed and that senior flex is a bit stiffer than ladies flex. So all depends on your swing speed.
Thanks! So, I really need to just bite the bullet and get fit.

Thanks! So, I really need to just bite the bullet and get fit.
1000%. That was the best thing for her at the time. Way better than me or her trying to piece together things for her that may or may not work. You'll learn a lot about your swing during the process as well.

Since I don't know a lot about all the technology behind shafts, I'd like to know how different aspects of shaft construction influence swing/ball flight. If you hook the ball, is it because the shaft is too stiff/soft, too light/heavy, torque too high/low, something about the EI profile, etc.? If you have a low launch, what aspect of shaft selection should be the first thing you pay attention to? (I realize that swing faults are part of it and no shaft can fully fix that, just talking about maximizing return from the equipment end of things).

1000%. That was the best thing for her at the time. Way better than me or her trying to piece together things for her that may or may not work. You'll learn a lot about your swing during the process as well.
I was with David at his ball fitting and I was completely engrossed with the information on the monitor. Ever since then, I told him I wanted to do it. So now it's just finding the right place and time. I appreciate the responses about your wife and her journey. That's really helpful!

Why do we have shaft flexes when:

- They vary across brands
- So many other factors, stiff or less stiff in the tip, mid, etc. lead to how a shaft plays

I'm guessing it's just to help the typical golfer, but curious if there are other reasons.

I was with David at his ball fitting and I was completely engrossed with the information on the monitor. Ever since then, I told him I wanted to do it. So now it's just finding the right place and time. I appreciate the responses about your wife and her journey. That's really helpful!
No problem. She hated it at first because she thought she was supposed to be good to go get fit - and she felt like she was being judged right away (we all are - we're at a fitting.). Anyways - once she settled down a bit, relaxed, and started swinging normally, she was fine. Just go with it, do what the fitter says. And I'd try to find one that has no allegiances to any particular product. She was fit into Mizuno irons and a Callaway driver.

If you had someone available to you that could answer anything you wanted answered about golf shafts, what would your question(s) be?

Tech? Style? Cosmetics? Full lineup debates? Torque?
Made for... 🤣

No problem. She hated it at first because she thought she was supposed to be good to go get fit - and she felt like she was being judged right away (we all are - we're at a fitting.). Anyways - once she settled down a bit, relaxed, and started swinging normally, she was fine. Just go with it, do what the fitter says. And I'd try to find one that has no allegiances to any particular product. She was fit into Mizuno irons and a Callaway driver.
That's been my feeling for a while. That I have to be good to get fit. I'm not at all hahahaha Well, I know what I'm going to do soon. I really appreciate the insight!

When adjustments are made to shafts to update a series what is the biggest consideration in doing so?

Does the trends in club head design alter the designs of shafts say if forward CG vs rear or the like?

When following manufacturers instructions on a parallel tip are those from the raw tip, or raw tip plus the bottom of bore depth to the sole depth added onto the given measurements if not using frequencies?

What equipment do they use to test the parameters of the shafts?

If you had someone available to you that could answer anything you wanted answered about golf shafts, what would your question(s) be?

Tech? Style? Cosmetics? Full lineup debates? Torque?
Do I smell an Off Course episode? Awesome!!!

1. What do the next 24 months look like for supply chains?

2. What tech improvement will we see in the next 5 years?

3. Will graphite shafts ever overtake steel as the pre-dominant iron shaft?

I am battling the weights with brands going heavy and light where should I be... I know irons are 130 to less than 90 where do I start?

Is shaft or head more important to determine first?

A

Untitled-19.jpg

Torque? Does it matter? When does it matter? How does it truly play into the shaft profile?

Does a graphite shaft have a break-in period, to where it hits peak performance?
...Or, is it more about getting acclimated with its timing?

Back