Shaft recommendations

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, all of you who are knowledgeable re: shafts and fitting. What would you recommend I try for my 13 year old daughter? She's hitting a 12° driver around 140-150 yards. I'd call her transition medium. Not violent and not silky smooth. She has a full back swing. Not looking to spend much so the PX Riptide is out (the PX online shaft fitting is the first place I looked).

Whaddya got?

So like 90-ish SS? What's she swinging now (head/shaft), what are you looking to change, and how cheap are you thinking? And does she want it to look cool or not matter with the head it'd be on?

A used riptide 50 would go for what $100-120. So are you talking $75 or like $40?

Diamana blue?

So like 90-ish SS? What's she swinging now (head/shaft), what are you looking to change, and how cheap are you thinking? And does she want it to look cool or not matter with the head it'd be on?

A used riptide 50 would go for what $100-120. So are you talking $75 or like $40?

You know, we went to the driving range today and I forgot to get her swing speed. I'd be surprised if it's over 75mph. I have a Cobra F9 12.5° on the way and I picked up an
Apollo Shadow FL from Hireko today with a couple other things I needed.

I'll keep my eyes open for the shafts suggested here and if the Shadow doesn't work out, I'll consider them first.

Thanks, everyone. If there are any more suggestions, feel free to post them up.

What is your budget and what sort of characteristics are you after? What ball flight are we looking for and what length will she be playing it at?

If you're looking to go new and lightweight, the Mitsubishi C6 Red comes in a 40g A flex and a 50g A and R flex. The C6 is a great line for the price point it's at.

What is your budget and what sort of characteristics are you after? What ball flight are we looking for and what length will she be playing it at?

If you're looking to go new and lightweight, the Mitsubishi C6 Red comes in a 40g A flex and a 50g A and R flex. The C6 is a great line for the price point it's at.

Honestly, the cheaper the better at this point. That being said, I know I'll get what I pay for. I just don't think, at her level, that she'll see much difference between a bottom, middle, or top of the line shaft.

She hits it kinda low so a high launch shaft might not be awful. She'll likely be playing it around 43" for the time being... maybe a hair shorter, but I doubt I'd make it less than 42". She's about 5'2" tall and I think her current driver is 43".

Honestly, the cheaper the better at this point. That being said, I know I'll get what I pay for. I just don't think, at her level, that she'll see much difference between a bottom, middle, or top of the line shaft.

She hits it kinda low so a high launch shaft might not be awful. She'll likely be playing it around 43" for the time being... maybe a hair shorter, but I doubt I'd make it less than 42". She's about 5'2" tall and I think her current driver is 43".

I don't deal much with stock option shafts or many budget shafts, so I won't be much help in that category. C6 sits around the $150-200 mark if you buy new. Great shaft for the price point. The Accra iWood 142i would be another choice. That one is counter balanced and goes for $125 new. Lastly, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45g is another good option. High launch, light weight and comes in at $100 new.

I don't deal much with stock option shafts or many budget shafts, so I won't be much help in that category. C6 sits around the $150-200 mark if you buy new. Great shaft for the price point. The Accra iWood 142i would be another choice. That one is counter balanced and goes for $125 new. Lastly, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45g is another good option. High launch, light weight and comes in at $100 new.
Might look for one of those used if she sticks with it.

Ok, all of you who are knowledgeable re: shafts and fitting. What would you recommend I try for my 13 year old daughter? She's hitting a 12° driver around 140-150 yards. I'd call her transition medium. Not violent and not silky smooth. She has a full back swing. Not looking to spend much so the PX Riptide is out (the PX online shaft fitting is the first place I looked).

Whaddya got?
Xcaliber SuperLite 45 - Ladies Flex. I'm guessing she's prob not breaking 65mph swing speed right? If she is you could go up to the A flex. $99 retail isn't a bad price either.

It’s great to have golfing kids, ain’t it?

My then 14 year old now 15 year old surpassed me last year. Now with my accident and his low flighted draw, he was out driving me in the wet conditions we’ve had. Everything I hit plugged, I still have him by 8ish MPH clubhead speed so I’m waiting to exact my revenge in the summer when it dries out some. Take that kid! :)

I was going to suggest the Grafalloy line too. I ordered one for a driver for me and was quite pleased at the cost and the quality.

Back