Shaft/Shaft flex trouble question

Pj0146

Reaction score
I am fairly knew to club fitting and did my most recent fitting over the phone. I had a smoke yellow 70 gram stiff flex installed in my driver and it feels too “bendy“ at the bottom toward the club face. After my first few rounds it tends to fly really high and right

I tend to have afairly aggressive transition around 105 mph swing speed and I guess I dOnt know if people have any suggestions for a different shaft orflexbut I am looking for Any help the forum can provide!!!!!!!!!

thank you

Graphite Design Tour Ad-VR 6 or 7x.
Do read up on this shaft...
...you get what you pay for...pony up!...its the Big Dog!

I am fairly knew to club fitting and did my most recent fitting over the phone. I had a smoke yellow 70 gram stiff flex installed in my driver and it feels too “bendy“ at the bottom toward the club face. After my first few rounds it tends to fly really high and right

I tend to have afairly aggressive transition around 105 mph swing speed and I guess I dOnt know if people have any suggestions for a different shaft orflexbut I am looking for Any help the forum can provide!!!!!!!!!

thank you
I had a similar miss and a similar swing speed. The LIN-Q Gunmetal 7F4 fixed the issue. It has a super stable tip feel without feeling boardy or overly stiff. That would be my recommendation.

Maybe try the Smoke Black???? I think that might be what your looking for and its the same family.
There are many good choices.

How did a fitting over the phone work??? Seems like its leaving out a big component. The actual testing!

Why did the fitter go with the Yellow? What information did you give them and what did they tell you the reason for the Yellow was? What head is it in? The more information and data you provide, the better I can help guide you in the right direction.

Why did the fitter go with the Yellow? What information did you give them and what did they tell you the reason for the Yellow was? What head is it in? The more information and data you provide, the better I can help guide you in the right direction.

Sorry I will try to give more information.
I did a fitting for the PXG proto x plus and I was too far away and couldn’t get to a store to get fit in person.
they asked how I typically swing and what my misses where. I try to get out at least once a week and have a swing speedaround 105. I tend to have a problem with launch and shots tend to go low. With wanting something that felt stable/not whippy

that’s the info I gave to reach that recommendation.
Thanks for all your help

Sorry I will try to give more information.
I did a fitting for the PXG proto x plus and I was too far away and couldn’t get to a store to get fit in person.
they asked how I typically swing and what my misses where. I try to get out at least once a week and have a swing speedaround 105. I tend to have a problem with launch and shots tend to go low. With wanting something that felt stable/not whippy

that’s the info I gave to reach that recommendation.
Thanks for all your help

No need to apologize, just helps to have some more info! Did they tip the shaft at all? At 105mph, you’re in the middle ground between S and X. Depending on ball speed, you could be needing the S to be tipped .5”-1” to stabilize the tip section a little more. What length is the current driver?

It is 46 right now. Nothing special done to it

Last edited:
It is 46 right now. Nothing special done to it

I would start by getting it tipped at least .5” from where it is now. Do you have anyone near you that can do the build for you? Making sure swing weight etc stays consistent.

I would start by getting it tipped at least .5” from where it is now. Do you have anyone near you that can do the build for you? Making sure swing weight etc stays consistent.
Thank you for the help!! I have someone in the area who can do that.

Back