Shaft Testing. What all is Involved in the Process?

krispyk

Reaction score
Handicap
I have never tried a different shaft in the driver I have. I bought it used (Cobra Bio Cell) and have always just used it with that shaft. I have only adjusted the loft of the head. I have never signed up to try to be a shaft tester because I don't know what is involved (if chosen) once a new shaft were to arrive at my door. Are all shaft tips interchangable with all heads or do you need to find the right tips to go with the heads you have? Once you have the shaft mated to your driver, what are you looking for in your testings? Any other info you could share from your experiences is much appreciated. Thanks in advanced and sorry if this topic has already been put out there but I haven't seen it so feel free to yell at me and point me to it. Lol

You have to get it tipped for your driver head. After that it's like any others testing - do the testing, be honest about your observations (we can be polite and honest at the same time), answer questions and post in the thread.

Thank you. I imagine it isn't much of a job to do yourself or is there more to it than gluing on the right tip?

Thank you. I imagine it isn't much of a job to do yourself or is there more to it than gluing on the right tip?
There's prep work, alignment (important to some more than others), and other things along with just throwing epoxy in the adaptor and throwing it on the shaft. YouTube is a great resource for this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you. Will be searching some videos. As much as I am watching youtube I can't believe that wasnt the first place I looked. lol

Thanks for this thread. I was kind of wondering what to do too just in case I get picked to review a drive shaft. I'm sure there are a couple articles on The Hub that I can read and use as a guide as to what to say. I'll have to check out YouTube not only for tipping a driver shaft but also removing an old shaft from a driver. I've got one I want to try in my driver now.

I would also recommend practicing on a shaft you don't care about really if you've never done it. A shaft puller works the best, if you don't have one you run the risk of separating the fibers of the shaft and damaging it.

As far as reviewing shafts goes, it's one of those things that's pretty personal. Shafts are more about making you comfortable and improving contact than anything else. Can they effect performance on a robot, sure, but not by enough that most of us would notice. It honestly just boils down to what helps you deliver the clubhead to the ball the best, putting that into words for a review can be tough though.

Back