Shaft UP! 3, looking for extra round

hedley_lamarr08

Happy to be here.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am driving to the event really just due to logistics. I live about 4 hours from the event and I'd rather drive than fight with airports and rent a car to still drive an hour each way. So I am headed down on Sunday and will spend the night somewhere in the region on Sunday evening. I've seen some post about rounds in the West End area near Dormie Club. Obviously Pinehurst and Tobacco Road are the two places that stand out, but I'm not willing to pay the premium to play Pinehurst No. 2 by myself. It would be different in a large group. Tobacco Road is an option. The question I pose is this: hidden gem in the area for a Monday morning round as the guys head toward the event. It doesn't have to be an ultra exclusive place.. just a well taken care of place that allows for a good time and maybe even some good golf. What says everyone else? Send me to a course within a half hour or so of Dormie club.

I am driving to the event really just due to logistics. I live about 4 hours from the event and I'd rather drive than fight with airports and rent a car to still drive an hour each way. So I am headed down on Sunday and will spend the night somewhere in the region on Sunday evening. I've seen some post about rounds in the West End area near Dormie Club. Obviously Pinehurst and Tobacco Road are the two places that stand out, but I'm not willing to pay the premium to play Pinehurst No. 2 by myself. It would be different in a large group. Tobacco Road is an option. The question I pose is this: hidden gem in the area for a Monday morning round as the guys head toward the event. It doesn't have to be an ultra exclusive place.. just a well taken care of place that allows for a good time and maybe even some good golf. What says everyone else? Send me to a course within a half hour or so of Dormie club.
Play Tobacco Road.

I agree with @DannyLe

Play tobacco road

Hmm...I'm off on Mondays 🤔
If you are in that area I always up for a round with THPers.... let me know... I'll drive down Sunday so I can be there Monday morning.

Happy to help! We just played Pine Needles, Mid Pines, Tobacco Road, Pinehurst 7, 2, and 4, and the Cradle the week of the Budget Championship.

Excluding Pinehurst, Tobacco Road was by far my favorite, and then Mid Pines. Pinehurst 2 was phenomenal, and 4 was also awesome, but you have to stay to play there unless booked within 24 hours (excluding 2, you have to stay 2 nights to play 2). Tobacco Road was $225 but worth it, especially playing with Jeff Spicoli, who could show me all of the lines. I'd imagine this course would be super frustrating without having a local tour guide. We booked a package that was $414 for Mid Pines and Pine Needles + two nights double occupancy, so not bad at all.

Happy to answer any other questions!

Happy to help! We just played Pine Needles, Mid Pines, Tobacco Road, Pinehurst 7, 2, and 4, and the Cradle the week of the Budget Championship.

Excluding Pinehurst, Tobacco Road was by far my favorite, and then Mid Pines. Pinehurst 2 was phenomenal, and 4 was also awesome, but you have to stay to play there unless booked within 24 hours (excluding 2, you have to stay 2 nights to play 2). Tobacco Road was $225 but worth it, especially playing with Jeff Spicoli, who could show me all of the lines. I'd imagine this course would be super frustrating without having a local tour guide. We booked a package that was $414 for Mid Pines and Pine Needles + two nights double occupancy, so not bad at all.

Happy to answer any other questions!
I'm only going to have time for one round that Monday morning as I imagine arrival will be around 3pm or so for check in. Tobacco Road tee times line up accordingly. Makes sense. Good golf is going to cost and the prices are pretty even with Pine Needles and such.

I'm only going to have time for one round that Monday morning as I imagine arrival will be around 3pm or so for check in. Tobacco Road tee times line up accordingly. Makes sense. Good golf is going to cost and the prices are pretty even with Pine Needles and such.

It is such a unique course too. The others are Donald Ross classic East Coast, but TR is one of a kind. Solid choice.

What is the date? I can try and take that Monday off and finally get a round in with @Davidhibler and I always enjoy playing with THPers

It looks like I'll be flying into Raleigh around noon. So I'll have some time to kill. Tobacco Rd looks nice

I'm not sure how much Longleaf Pines is, but that is a consideration. Also, if you are wanting something that is less expensive but is still really well maintained that will still give the Sandhills experience, check out Quail Ridge. It's only 2 miles from Tobacco Road. Home - Quail Ridge Golf Course

Also, checks schedule. I am free late Monday afternoon.

Mid South, Talamore, Beacon Ridge in west end near longleaf and TR, Hyland, Anderson I mean there are a TON there.

If you want to stick with Stranz golf course Tot Hill Farm is in Asheboro.

It looks like I'll be flying into Raleigh around noon. So I'll have some time to kill. Tobacco Rd looks nice
You wont have that much time :ROFLMAO:

I'm driving down Sunday and will play somewhere Monday morning. Hoping someone can join me. Waiting on schedule

I'm driving down Sunday and will play somewhere Monday morning. Hoping someone can join me. Waiting on schedule
Based on travel, we were planning on meeting up after dinner at Dormie Club on Monday.
That may change, we are working on it now.

Back