greggdrews

Reaction score
Handicap
6 putts
I just bought a used Graphite Design ad di 7s shaft. The stock weight is 73.5g. This shaft plays 44" in my 910 which is what I wanted. I'm just wondering how much weight (not swing weight) was taken off by it being cut down 1" below stock. I know without weighing it might not be exact but about how much would you guess? Just wondering in general.

I just bought a used Graphite Design ad di 7s shaft. The stock weight is 73.5g. This shaft plays 44" in my 910 which is what I wanted. I'm just wondering how much weight (not swing weight) was taken off by it being cut down 1" below stock. I know without weighing it might not be exact but about how much would you guess? Just wondering in general.

About 1.6 grams per inch - the math is simple.:act-up: FYI, a dollar bill weighs 1 gram.

If you just take 73.5/46 then yes I get that but with the diameter of the shaft changing from top to bottom does it make much of difference in taking 1" off the butt vs tip

From what I've read, taking from the tip makes the shaft play a little stiffer... if that's not the goal then it's best to take from the butt.

Back