Share your I'm such a golf junky story!

phenom4hire

Reaction score
Handicap
18-19
So my boss now knows I'm addicted to golf. During the morning hours of Open play I had my phone taped to my forearm with the watch ESPN app on while dangling off the side of a three story building. Then we moved indoors for some other work and I still had it going. Did not care what he thought one way or another. He said I was due a slack off day anyway and I explained the only reason was because the final round got pushed to Monday. I managed to watch 75% of the open Monday. So what lengths have you gone through to play, watch, talk golf?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I surf THP during work hours:D

I surf THP during work hours:D

makes two of us. Between meetings that are all done via meeting app or in between typing or reading something I am always on THP during work.

I surf thp during work, and wee hours of the night. :)

I'm up at 3amCST for The Open, I routinely schedule vacation days around the Masters, I have my iPad at work tuned to PGA Tour on Sirius or stream Golf Channel at work, THP is at my finger tips pretty much all day....I don't think I'm a junky, I view it as passionate

I just started a new job, so I had it on, but kept it minimized and listened during the morning. I had it up and was watching down the stretch, though.

My boss knows it takes a lot to distract me from my work so he figured it was pretty interesting. I overwork myself all the time though so it wasn't that big of a deal.

My biggest golf junkie thing was about 12 years ago.

I had a friend tell me on Sunday night they had an opening in their foursome at Pinehurst 2 Monday at 1 :00

I left at five in the morning a five hour drive. Played in the tourney had the dinner. Left at 8:00 pm to drive home. Got home about 1:30 am and had to drive to York PA at 600 am for a company meeting at 8:00

Very long 36 hours but worth every minute. .

From that point on I had a standing invite to the tourney so I was able to plan for it.

As for THP at work. . Not as much time for it now days. . But I try to peak in now and then.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The first year I retired and moved to South Jersey, I stayed in a golf league in Central NJ due to my golf partner not being able to find anyone else to pair up with for league play. I'd drive 90 mins to 2 hours (with traffic) each way to play in this weekly, after-work 9-hole league. Sometimes I'd be on the road almost 4 hours to play a 2 hour 9-hole round. That only lasted one year.

I play fantasy golf! People don't even know it exists LOL!

I skipped my 10 year wedding anniversary to play in The Morgan Cup.

Every year during The Open, I plan work from home days on Thursday and Friday so I can watch as much as possible. Had to get a little creative this year with it extending into Monday but I got 'er done. Highlight shows or replays are OK with me on Thursday and Friday if need be for the other majors, but not The Open.

I can always get married again. I will never have the chance to win another Morgan Cup.
Ha ha true dat.

I am a sufficient golf junkie that I would miss my friends wedding for a shot at the Gauntlet next month.
Alas, it did not happen...But I would have skipped the wedding.

Too many to list.

Played a round before my sister's wedding. Got a speeding ticket since that's how close me and my dad cut it.

Several times when traveling for work, I figure out a way to get a round in. One time, I didn't
bring my clubs and didn't have a rental car, so took a cab 45 minutes to the course, rented clubs and bought balls, glove, tees, the teed off in 95 degree weather with 100% humidity in khakis and running shoes and had the same cab pick me up since I was in the middle of no where. It was a blast.

Don't ask my wife how many "twitter contests" I have won to make it to a THP event.

The guys at golf galaxy know me by first name.

Drove from South Texas to Iowa, picked up Jman along the way to play golf with a buncha guys from the internet :D

Too many to list.

Played a round before my sister's wedding. Got a speeding ticket since that's how close me and my dad cut it.

Several times when traveling for work, I figure out a way to get a round in. One time, I didn't
bring my clubs and didn't have a rental car, so took a cab 45 minutes to the course, rented clubs and bought balls, glove, tees, the teed off in 95 degree weather with 100% humidity in khakis and running shoes and had the same cab pick me up since I was in the middle of no where. It was a blast.

Don't ask my wife how many "twitter contests" I have won to make it to a THP event.

The guys at golf galaxy know me by first name.
I believe that one was in the THP Orientation Welcome Packet :drinks:

I texted my wife today that I will be home late due to a "golf emergency". Our team was short one for the 4 ball group.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The biggest thing that may set me apart from most is that no matter where I am or where I am going, if I see a golf store Im going in. I can literally spend hours in one. I visited my first PGA SS in Orlanda and I was blown away. My wife literally had to drag me out of the store.

The biggest thing that may set me apart from most is that no matter where I am or where I am going, if I see a golf store Im going in. I can literally spend hours in one. I visited my first PGA SS in Orlanda and I was blown away. My wife literally had to drag me out of the store.

I do that too. It's as if the Callaway driver might be different in the Scottsdale Golf Galaxy than the one 2 miles from my house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Once I went to the range three separate times in the same day, hitting a bucket or two each time because I got an idea about something I may have been doing wrong in my swing the time before, and then drove an hour (one way) to try some clubs.

Back