Share your Morgan Cup Memory

Every time someone brings up a memory from the trip I remember so many more! Too hard to have just one memory.

Hands DOWN the best moment of 2019 MC

Was going to say seeing all of the guys faces walking up to the patio and all the swag with their names on it.

But really it’s the fact that the Morgan Cup still went on when we all thought it was going to be canceled and even in the current environment it wa

Hands DOWN the best moment of 2019 MC

Was going to say seeing all of the guys faces walking up to the patio and all the swag with their names on it.

But really it’s the fact that the Morgan Cup still went on when we all thought it was going to be canceled and even in the current environment it wa

awfully dusty in my office this morning, got something in my eyes

This one was hard for me. I have so many good memories. I thought about it for a couple days and I keep coming back to right before we went to the first tee in 2018. JB’s dad was there which was really awesome. Jake tried to make us all cry. Just an all around around amazing experience for all involved.

The 2013 Morgan Cup would to be it for me. I had just become active on the site and this was the first experience I saw played out on the forum. Following the fun, what the participants received and the outpouring of emotion about the event had me hooked on the Morgan Cup for life.

Sadly, despite numerous efforts, I have not been able to land a spot in this Experience. I hope that will change someday and I can make write about more first hand memories.

I have so many amazing memories from the Morgan Cup but it’s starts from being selected. I never thought I would actually get picked but there I was walking into a meeting at work when my phone started going crazy. Holy crap I’m in the Morgan Cup.

If I remember correctly I was chosen in late November and the MC was played in July. That gave our team a really good time to bond and get to know each other.

Something that really sticks out for me is I made my experience a family affair. My wife, mom, sister and brother in law made the trip. They had a great time and everyone was so welcoming to them they immediately understood what a special place THP is.

Walking out to the range and seeing all 40 bags setup and ready to go was surreal
e3beb198e7a4d8171402555eaf3cf1a9.jpg

Took on @ddec and @Jman in our 1st match went all 18. What a roller coaster round that was
46f38181fb4cc9b3c05d951fb1d16e46.jpg

6980b044e9c74ed01830abd6bde32b47.jpg

My second 18 was a round that I hold very close too my heart as Jake and I took on Freddy and Cookie. Jake and I squeezed out a half point and just spending those few hours with those guys is an experience I will never forget.

Next up was my singles match. It just had to go down this way right @ddec
e1ee6687434f8596475af2d686bf9a88.jpg

We had a great match but the best part of it was after we were done Jake and Dean took a moment to just walk down 18 by themselves. I don’t know what was said and never asked but is was special to see.

The whole experience was something I am truly thankful for and realize how lucky I am to have experienced it. All of the other 39 guys were amazing, the volunteers were fantastic, the equipment reps went above and beyond and lastly @JB and @GolferGal basically moved mountains to make this happen for the 40 of us

e3695ebe10f1b2dcdbeb68806802a95a.jpg

b0ea0afdd5f1061cb78d4f50e60b6c61.jpg

c22a05e99c87603d221279373148d24e.jpg

6769e0be899c5aa0c484b73be4e8b89a.jpg

36a7c50e47049d629a84d858960c1f33.jpg

a4b53eef72930fec45162835e06dbe6f.jpg

eac41c49c5d43b6c74a725cf70fc3bde.jpg

baa9af4a74e906f97a02dd0154b99d41.jpg

So hard to come up with a favorite memory but every time I think of my MC experience I think of Jake. We had so much fun on and off the course! I was in Tulsa last week and some of the memories came flooding back! I'll never forget Jake on the 1st tee at the Patriot Club. He was so nervous, not because of the event but because of the height of the tee box. The Cup experience was incredible!!!!!

Reading through these and seeing memories from others eyes is so awesome to see. For myself being fortunate to have participated in several it would be hard to pick just one so here are a few.

There are so many memories from this year, I made life long friends that I still talk to almost daily.

The golf memory that stands out the most was the alt shot match with me and @Tadashi70 vs @j_sizzle9 and @Master Yagley...On hole 17 we had a birdie putt and they were off the back of the green. I believe the match was AS at that point and thinking we had the advantage. Then Yags does the unimagineable and chips in. We missed our putt and headed to 18 1dn. I didn't hit the best drive but it was in the fairway and Freddie hits one of the best 3w's I've ever seen to put us on the green and we ended up winning the hole to halve the match.

Watching @JB and his dad before the event began and realizing how much it meant to him

Winning the cup and being selected by my teammates to be Captain for next year.

Golf course on an island! That place was beautiful.
The Captains house....was awesome amirite @Canadan @OITW @campilobaxter
Those insanely fast golf carts :ROFLMAO:
Freaking S@#$%^S
Yags unfortunate tumble
Walking down the fairway with Dan with our bags and the photo @JB took is a memory I'll never forget in fact its on my wall today.

2020 - obviously still fresh in my mind so there is more.
Thinking the event wasn't going to happen and then turning out to be one of the best weekends ever.
Hanging with my good friend Alex before the event even began as well as the rest of his team since mine all came in later.
The pizza party :ROFLMAO: so many laughs
The shot on 18 during shamble when @H8tobogie hit the best shot I had seen all day to halve the match
@e1iterate chip in during Alt shot after I stuck it to 2' thinking we had won. Thank goodness @MarMill was putting there instead of me :ROFLMAO:
The talk at the par 3 with @Parrot @e1iterate and @MarMill
My singles match with @OITW when I was making a comeback and thought I had all the momentum when Alex broke my heart with the best 2 putt I've ever seen.
Hitting a shot over the cart girl while @baylrballa was getting a refill
Driving around after my match with Alex pulling for my team to bring it home.
Watching @oumagic using the Theragun in between shots when I knew his back was killing him but his match with @Parrot was so important.
Finding out we won the cup!
Q & A with Yags and Jose afterwards :oops:
Captains gift that they gave me (sick bag!) and Jose saying they weren't going to give me unless we won! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So much more....

2021....to come!

I freaking :love::love: The Morgan Cup!

@Scarnici hit on a special one for me.

After our singles match, Jake and I walked up the 18th hole. Sadly I think it was the last in person, one on one conversation he and I had. Without diving too deep into that conversation, it was about the history of the Morgan Cup. At that point, Jake and I were the only people to have played in every MC(it was the 4th edition). We were teammates in the first one and captained against each other in the bedlem that was the 3rd event. The year before, I took a walk up to the 18th green with everyone on the balcony at True Blue, which was amazing in its own right. This time around, there was nobody. Me, Jake, and Christian. Just so surreal and what a moment. One that I think about constantly to be honest.

Man, I miss that guy.

I really feel like being involved in The Morgan Cup is like becoming "official" around here. I for one am very excited about signing up this year and in the future. If my name gets called these stories all remind of the awesome opportunity that it will be.

So hard to come up with a favorite memory but every time I think of my MC experience I think of Jake. We had so much fun on and off the course! I was in Tulsa last week and some of the memories came flooding back! I'll never forget Jake on the 1st tee at the Patriot Club. He was so nervous, not because of the event but because of the height of the tee box. The Cup experience was incredible!!!!!
I remember how nervous Jake was too, it was kind of funny. That also reminds me of the night before at Flying Tee when he was so afraid of falling off the top level that he stopped hitting, that is until he had several glasses of liquid courage. The next thing I know I look over and he's taking fill swings left handed :ROFLMAO:. What a great guy.

This thread had me looking through old photos from 2013, these have always been some of my favorites!
The whole crew ready to go!
morgan cup saturday-164.jpg
I'm still chasing this swing 7 years later!
morgan cup saturday-183.jpg
So proud to call @ddec my captain! #TeamDotCom
Morgan Cup Sunday-888-M.jpg
Shopping trip with my fellow Cobra/Puma staffers!!! @lambro2 @ddec @wicked-cool-bearded-man
BQI2n0pCIAE6DL9.jpg_large.jpg
So much fun borrowing @lambro2 shoes becasue of my big feet and filming these with puma! @ddec @tyno @Howzat @Bullfrog @wicked-cool-bearded-man
BQIAWMoCYAAvSoc.jpg_large.jpg
And I get to look at these two reminders everyday in my office!
IMG_6377.jpegIMG_6378.jpeg

Attachments

• Morgan Cup Friday -102-M.jpg
    Morgan Cup Friday -102-M.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 5
I remember how nervous Jake was too, it was kind of funny. That also reminds me of the night before at Flying Tee when he was so afraid of falling off the top level that he stopped hitting, that is until he had several glasses of liquid courage. The next thing I know I look over and he's taking fill swings left handed :ROFLMAO:. What a great guy.

haha. I remember that! He was on a mission that night! 😂

Reactions: KEV
I've never attended the MC (though really hope to do so in the future some day). This year was an odd one... on one course that @Jmk202 and I were playing, we were discussing how the events got impacted this year. The Vokey Experience had been cancelled and Jake was concerned about the MC (@JB had come on the site to say there was an update coming about the MC the next week). We were all a bit subdued but hopeful that the MC and other events would return in the new year. @Jmk202 and I were committed to continuing providing updates and reviews even though the experiences wouldn't happen; I definitely felt we owed it to the THP community!

That next week, I was floored with excitement when @JB came on here to say the MC was still on and they were planning a trip to Vegas (the location would have to change a bit). Following the MC this year really cemented it as a special event to me. Not only did THP go out of their way to have a safe and still exciting time for the participants, but it felt like the previous MC events. It was a great follow that I was glued to the screen hitting F5 to get each call out, update, and review in the lead up and in the live thread!

I really feel like being involved in The Morgan Cup is like becoming "official" around here. I for one am very excited about signing up this year and in the future. If my name gets called these stories all remind of the awesome opportunity that it will be.

Genuinely I do not like that, but I get it.
It has history, but our Experiences have changed a lot over the years and many are incredibly grand.
Team Competitions with full bags of equipment bring out a lot of people (which is good) and we have a number of those.

Man this thread has some terrific memories. I needed this today. Thanks @IceyShanks

Genuinely I do not like that, but I get it.
It has history, but our Experiences have changed a lot over the years and many are incredibly grand.
Team Competitions with full bags of equipment bring out a lot of people (which is good) and we have a number of those.
It's not in a not welcome way. I hope that didn't sound like that, but I can honestly say after my only event so far it really put this place on a different level for me. It also means that several people here know me personally. Maybe a good comparison would be it's like getting a blue check mark on Twitter. You're verified because you've been there and experienced it.

7918E756-E459-4C7E-8FF2-212F9F77E218.jpeg
This is another great memory. A little congratulatory Four Roses after getting beat handily by Team Hackers.

Every time someone brings up a memory from the trip I remember so many more! Too hard to have just one memory.
☝☝☝☝☝☝☝

It was one of the first events when I first started posting on THP. I wondered how there could be 48 pages of information then got sucked in and read every page. I would love to be part of one of those events someday.

It does. I had almost forgotten my luggage moment.

I was excited to finally be in Vegas and was focused on getting my bags and meeting Jake, who was picking me up. I get to baggage claim and see my golf bag on the floor with a couple of others next to it and someone standing beside them. I thought someone is going to steal my clubs (never thinking that it might be an airport employee who as trying to keep the carousel as clear as possible). At that moment, I completely forgot that I also had checked my roller bag. So, I grabbed my clubs and out the door I went. After meeting up with the guys who were staying on the Strip, Dade and I took Jake's rental and went to our hotel. At this point, I hadn't thought about my roller bag.

It's a little before midnight in Vegas and I get a call from my wife saying that Delta had called (it's right at 2 am in Mississippi) about my bag that was still at the airport. Standing in the parking lot of the Hampton Inn, I told my wife that they were wrong, that I had my bag. We went back and forth for a minute and then Dade opened the trunk. Fudge was not word that came out of my mouth. Because Delta baggage had closed, I had to wait until they reopened to fetch my bag. Fortunately, I had packed a change of clothes and my dop kit in my backpack (unlike the trip to the Graphite Challenge when I did not and my bag was delayed until the next morning). Fun times.

i tried to gather my thoughts on this yesterday but was unsuccessful. Its hard to put into words just how many memories came from the MC a few short years ago. The prerounds, the meals, the guys, Cobra, Puma, THP, I could literally pick out 2-3 different things for each and theyd all be tied for the most memorable.

Ill say this about my memories of this MC I was fortunate enough to play in. I got to meet some of the coolest like minded guys from all over the country. THP has a way of (if you let it) becoming much much more than a golf and social forum. Maybe the biggest memory I can think of is how much more, this event specifically, ended up meaning to those who got to participate in it, how much it means every year to the owners of this great place and how committed the sponsors are to it. Now, thats a pretty vague response to what would seem like an easy question, im sure. But until you get to experience it and see what it means to a select handful of members here.....its hard to explain. Hell.....we lost.....LOST.....and guys were hugging and crying and getting so emotional after it was over, it just put this whole THP experience thing for me into a different light. An important light that people who cherish this place should really throw their name in and try to experience. Im rambling, but im being honest.

Have not been able to play in a MC yet but have followed along with a lot of them. The memory that sticks out the most for me is when the MC took a break for a few years and it was announced it was coming back, and THP notified P4B and Tadashi that they would be captains for the new one and they filmed videos. The emotion, happiness, and excitement those guys showed in those videos is something that really struck me.

Not nearly on the level of the rest of you, but this year was the first MC I followed along and I remember just how genuinely excited I was following along. It seemed odd at the time, like here's a bunch of guys I don't know at all but I'm truly invested somehow. I was in line at Wendy's for lunch with my wife and son when the opening tee shots were being streamed so I was able to catch that. I remember thinking how nerve-wracking that must be.

Back