CONTEST Share Your Tips Sponsored by Golf Pride

I actually looked in on this thread yesterday wondering if I had missed it. My guess, since there hadn't been any activity in over a week, was that no announcement had been made yet. :confused2:

Congrats to these 3 winners. If your name is on the list, please send @GolferGal a PM with your full name and shipping address and we will get these right out to you.

When actually putting on the grips, complete one entire installation (start to finish) prior to moving to the next club. It is easier to align the grip properly when the solvent is still very wet than it is when it starts to dry.

@Sox_Fan

I use a piece of tape with a sharpie mark on it to mark the centerline of the old grips it gives me a point of reference between the old grips and the new ones. Useful for knowing how far down and when using aligned grip.

@Qwkz51

If your old grip tape is being finicky when trying to remove it, a quick bit of heat with a heat gun or hair dryer will help loosen the adhesive and will pull right off. Trust me, your thumb and fingertips will thank you (trying to peel off tape is probably my most hated part of a regrip.

@Mad_Brad

G
Congrats to these 3 winners. If your name is on the list, please send @GolferGal a PM with your full name and shipping address and we will get these right out to you.

When actually putting on the grips, complete one entire installation (start to finish) prior to moving to the next club. It is easier to align the grip properly when the solvent is still very wet than it is when it starts to dry.

@Sox_Fan

I use a piece of tape with a sharpie mark on it to mark the centerline of the old grips it gives me a point of reference between the old grips and the new ones. Useful for knowing how far down and when using aligned grip.

@Qwkz51

If your old grip tape is being finicky when trying to remove it, a quick bit of heat with a heat gun or hair dryer will help loosen the adhesive and will pull right off. Trust me, your thumb and fingertips will thank you (trying to peel off tape is probably my most hated part of a regrip.

@Mad_Brad
Great tips!

Awsome! Thank you! Congrats to the other 2 winners also.

Congrats guys

Congrats guys! That second winning tip looks very much like the first one I posted on page one, I guess @Qwkz51 has a better way with words than I. Of course I won some GP grips earlier this year too, so I'm set anyway. :drinks:

Congrats guys!!!

Congratulations, awesome prize to head back into playing season

Congrats to the winners here!!

Way to go you 3!

3 good tips and 3 worthy winners. Well done guys.

Well this is all kinds of exciting!
My first win in years!!!!

Now to pick some grips!

Congrats guys. Grip.. and rip!

Thanks to THP and Golf Pride for putting this on! Always a good day better to win on THP!!

Congrats guys!

We all make mistakes and sometimes it just doesn’t go right. If the grip sets and notice that it a not aligned correctly or maybe you you put the logo facing the wrong way, no need to worry. I have a syringe at my station just in case. Fill the syringe with solution, stick it through the grip at an angle and inject it under the grip in a few spots and twist the grip till it starts getting loose. After a few times you can pull the grip off.
Fav grip MCC+4. Tour SNSR Straight

Is there any better feeling than installing your own set of grips(or doing any kind of club work) and it actually coming out right? :ROFLMAO: I installed my new grips tonight. I was actually able to salvage my previous set :eek: as they weren't even a year old. Win #1. I normally use air to blow them on, but I had ordered a grip tape kit so I went that route. Put new tape on, slid the MCC+4 midsize on... wow. I'll be honest I've been a PureGrips homer for a while, but these feel amazing. I've got big hands and these are damn near perfect.
I had every intention of putting the SNSR on my Toulon Memphis as it still has the pencil thin stock offering, but when I pulled it from the bag, there is almost no difference in size. :( I was wanting to give it an honest shot coming from SS Flatso 2.0. So I ordered a new SNSR in the 140cc size. I can't wait to get on the course and give these a swing!

These arrived late yesterday. Thanks THP and Golf Pride!

20200509_100454.jpg

Congrats to those who won! I came
Looking for this thread tonight as I’m removing some grips that are less than a year old and replacing them with the align version. Didn’t want to ruin perfectly good grips. I put solution in than put air into the end at 55 psi with the club facing up (do this outside as it blows solvent). One the solvent releases wrap a towel around the grip and start twisting from the butt end down. Grip will break free and slide right off. The first one took some work but once I perfected the method it took less than a minute to get each grip off.

one thing I noticed is when these were built the person building used two 18mm width pieces of tape. Anyone else use the smaller width tape? I’ve always just used the big roll and had a little overlap.

Back