CONTEST Share Your Tips Sponsored by Golf Pride

my favorite tip for grips is to let someone else do them for you!!! lol. I simply dont have the patience to align them properly and am too OCD to do ti myself and be annoyed with the outcome.

Favorite grips? MCC Aligns in black, white and green. Theyre awesome. Tour SNSR Contour Pro

I use paint thinner for my solvent. Slides right on and it doesn't create a mess at the bottom of the grip.

Tour Velvet Align & TOUR SNSR Contour Pro Putter Grip

Some great tips in here! I know the contest is over, but I also like to lightly tap the butt end of the shaft on the ground after first getting the grip on to make sure it seats all the way down. I usually leave about an inch of excess tape on the end, twist it up and press it into the butt of the shaft so there's no worries about cutting through the grip cap.

MCC Midsize & Tour SNSR Straight (just in case the contest is still on!)

Don't use liquids near panel boxes and outlets in garage or basement.

Use lighter fluid to get all the sticky residue left from old grip tape (it also works on price tags with a sticky back).

Remove old grips with a shot of compressed air. A small tipped nozzle inserted in the hole in the end of the grip. A shot of air will loosen the grip and it will slide right off. Then it is carry one stripping the old tape and applying your new Golf Pride grips.

When removing old putter grips, roll the bottom of the grip up towards you a little. Then make a cut into the part you just rolled back and doubled over. That way, if you slip and cut too deep, you are unlikely to damage the putter shaft underneath, or leave a nasty cut line on the shaft below the newly fitted grip.

Full Swing: MCC Plus4 Align Midsize
Putter: Pro Only 88cc

Question: is it better to re grip with tape and solvent or to re grip with painters tape and compressed air?

MCC Plus4 standard in red.
Tour SNSR Contour 104 cc

Lots of talk about re-gripping as of late, so we went to the grip company that supplies most on tour and asked to do a fun little campaign and promotion for THPers.

View attachment 8934552

SHARE YOUR HOME RE-GRIPPING TIPS
There's never been a better time to perfect your at-home re-gripping setup and skills. Do you have a creative way to install your grips at home? Help your fellow THPers with tips and tricks to install grips at home!

Golf Pride will reward 3 winners who offer the best (or most creative) grip tips & hacks with a free set of 13 Golf Pride grips + 1 putter grip of their choosing. Golf Pride and THP will select winners on April 30. Open to North America only.

RULES
You can enter as many times as you want, but one tip per post
You must post entry in the thread
Contest open until 4/29 at 11:59pm ET

HOW TO ENTER
Post your at home grip installation tips and tricks in this thread.
It can be as simple as how you install a grip or a simple tip that helps you.
If you don't have tips and tricks, you can gain entry by asking a specific re-gripping question.
Also post your favorite Golf Pride Grips and Putter Grip
Leave solvent in grip a little longer than you think is necessary to insure it will slip on the club and not stick.

use gas as your solvent...it's much cheaper and just as effective
favorite grips the new MCC Plus 4 Align and Tour SNSR Contour Pro

The best piece of information I’ve found (which gave me the confidence to give it a shot) was honestly this THP Golf TV YouTube video:

THP Golf TV - How To Regrip Golf Clubs

I watch it each time before regripping!

My favourite grips are the MCC+4 in blue, and the Tour Sensr

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Tip: If you are installing Align style grips, flip the club around and line up the align line on the back side of the shaft. This makes it way easier.

Favorite Grips: MCC +4 Gray + SNSR Gray 140CC

Use a hook utility blade when removing your worn grips to avoid damaging your shafts especially graphite shafts.

The MCC Plus4 grips are my favorite.

I use an old grip that has been slit down the middle to help clench the shaft in my vice then cut a slit down the grip I am going to replace and pull it off. I use the old lighter fluid to treat the inside of the grip and the grip tape before installing the grip on to the club. One time I was having such a problem with the new grip going on to the club, I heated it up in the microwave oven for about 20 to 30 seconds then I only put the fluid on the grip tape the grip went on very easy and I had no problem with a loose grip afterward.

Make sure you get a hook blade to use with your utility knife to remove the old grips

favorite grips: Golf Pride MCC +4 and Tour SNSR pistol

Get a rubber gripping clamp to prevent damage to your shafts

favorite grips: Golf Pride MCC +4 and Tour SNSR pistol

Tip one : use a hook blade for removing old grips so you don't cut into / damage the shaft if it is graphite.

My favorite grip is the Golf Pride MCC +4 which takes Arccos sensors and for putter it is the Tour SNSR Contour

Tip 2: always use a clamp and soft grip on the shaft so you have both hands available for putting the grip on and aligning it.

My favorite grip is the standard size Golf Pride MCC +4 which takes Arccos sensors and for putter it is the Tour SNSR Contour

Tip #3: it can be annoying getting the backing off the double sided tape. I find using a utility knife makes it easy to remove at the corner.

My favorite grip is the standard size Golf Pride MCC +4 which takes Arccos sensors and for putter it is the Tour SNSR Contour

Tip #4: wear nitrile gloves so you don't get oils from your hands on the tape.

Tip #5: if you are building up the grip with tape it is okay if you get minor gaps when wrapping the tape but offset the next piece of tape to cover the gap.

Tip #6: once the grip is on, set up against the wall grip up and give at least 24 hours so the solvent can evaporate and the grip adhere properly.

Avoid the mess and fumes. Blow your grips on and off with a small air compressor and blow gun.

I have a bunch of grips that I'm thinking of doing myself so no tips from me but this is a good read! Good luck to all that are entering!

Back