T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
Lee and I used their services for our trip down south. Our experience was excellent. They were responsive to our questions and very helpful when I called.

Tuesday I checked my tracking numbers and noticed there hadn't been any movement. So I called them. About an hour later the representative returned my call. Explained what was going on and told me to expect the clubs today. It's a little expensive (59$ each bag) but not having to deal with that at the airport mad the travel days easier.

The draw back is I was with out my gamer clubs for 4 days prior to and following our trip. They offer a quicker service but you pay extra for that.

They offer a base insurance, and extra insurance (up to $3500) is available at a cost.

Their website is ok, can be a nuisance to get a quote, but if I can get through it anyone can.

We will likely use the service again for future travels.

I used shop sticks when I went to Florida and it was great. I agree Kevin the only downside is the few days you are without your clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used them coming back from the MC and I was extremely impressed with there service. I would use them again without hesitation

Thanks for the review. Was on the fence about using them but glad to hear from you guys they are good. Will be using them for my trip to Bandon next month.

Thanks Kevin. I am heading to the unofficial outing in Buffalo and have thought about using their service. I really really do not want to go through the hassle at the airport with the clubs. I also do not have a travel bag.

Quick question though, do you have to wrap all the clubs or just leave them in the bag when shipping?

Thanks Kevin. I am heading to the unofficial outing in Buffalo and have thought about using their service. I really really do not want to go through the hassle at the airport with the clubs. I also do not have a travel bag.

Quick question though, do you have to wrap all the clubs or just leave them in the bag when shipping?

You can ship them in a travel bag.,or box. We picked up some boxes, and put some packing material in there and sent them. I also removed any heads that were adjustable just like I would if I put them on a plane.

Thing to remember is if you box them you're going to need to plan accordingly. Save the box, bring some shipping tape.

If you send them in a travel bag, affixing the shipping no label might be a pain in the butt.

Thanks for the review! I had considered this for my upcoming trip to Texas, but it I'm not sure what I'll be taking or coming home with so I found a good deal on a travel bag. This will definitely be an option if I go on a road trip with the family though and space is limited. Hearing that their customer service is responsive and helpful is definitely a positive.

The one time I used them was for that same reason. Limited space on the trip. Otherwise I just put the clubs on the plane... But I had my clubs dropped to the clubhouse I was playing and everything was fine.
-Ol'Mercer-

Thanks for the review! I had considered this for my upcoming trip to Texas, but it I'm not sure what I'll be taking or coming home with so I found a good deal on a travel bag. This will definitely be an option if I go on a road trip with the family though and space is limited. Hearing that their customer service is responsive and helpful is definitely a positive.

Worked well for me too as i didn't feel like traveling with my clubs home from Bandon. That being said, it's just UPS with a cool label....

How does this work? Do they send you a box? Do you still need a case/travel bag? Delta is charging $60 for a checked bag and ship sticks is the same price. Trying to figure out which way to go.

How does this work? Do they send you a box? Do you still need a case/travel bag? Delta is charging $60 for a checked bag and ship sticks is the same price. Trying to figure out which way to go.

Is your bag over 50 pounds? Golf bags don't count as oversized unless they exceed 50 lbs.

Used them once on a two part trip, the first part was a work stop with no golf, so I had them shipped to meet me in Scottsdale on my second stop. Pretty average experience, would've probably just rather taken them with me (I have a Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian, so it's not too painful getting to and from the airport).

Tried to use them once to ship to Maui (had a stop in Napa and then Sonoma for 5 days preceding Maui), but the cost was astronomical due to the water travel component. Ended up just traveling with the sticks for that (along with my tux and over blazer for a wedding rehersal and wedding, as well as dresses for my wife), was painful but still worth saving the money that I was quoted.

Edit: I just realized that the above is incorrect (stupid memory), I actually shipped them to Sonoma for $75 and then flew them with me the rest of the time...so they met me at the hotel in Sonoma, and I took them from Sonoma through San Fran Airport to Maui, and then back to Columbus.

Last edited:

You need to supply your own box. They will ship you one for like $30 if you don't have your own. Also, I think the price you're quoted is one-way. I may have a promo code laying somewhere. DM me if you want me to dig it up.

Just used them to ship 2 sets from Houston to Phoenix. At $29 for them to supply a box, I went on Amazon and got 2 Ogio travel cases for the same price. I had already signed up with Ship Sticks to receive emails, so I had discount codes ready to use. The customer service was outstanding also.

Back