Shoe trees for your golf shoes?

ShanksaloT

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
13 WHS
Hey all,

A recent post about a shoe bag got me thinking how much care I put into my golf shoes and are curious - besides using a shoe bag for to/from the course, I also use shoe trees in nearly all of my 7 pairs of golf shoes and was wondering if anyone else does the same?

I started doing this about 8 years ago when I started paying more attention to the fashion side of the game and, realizing how expensive the materials used in golf shoes are, it made sense to me to use shoe trees.

I believe that, with the use of the shoe trees has helped combat creasing and keep the shoes shape much longer.... Heck, 2 pairs of my shoes are over 5 years old I am realizing and have only had to replace the spikes on them a few times.

So again, anyone else use shoe trees for their golf shoes?

I've been using trees for a few years now, and I believe they really do help keep the shoe in better condition than not having them does. Since I don't use a shoe bag, and sometimes forget to take my shoes out of my truck when I get home, sometimes they get buried under other stuff. With the trees they hold their shape; I shudder to think what they might look like if I didn't have them:oops:

All my golf shoes always have a shoe tree in them unless they are NIB or on my feet. Will prolong the life of them and reduce the funk factor. Best investment you can make if you want to keep your shoes going.

I have a couple pairs of spikeless that I will have to pull from rotation because the tread is wearing down. Over 50 rounds and pretty much all walking.

Shoe trees always, except for sneakers or Crocs
Same here - I prefer boat shoes over Crocs though - I actually tried them in my boat shoes, but they stretched them out a little too much.

I also have 15 pairs of dress shoes with shoe trees in each one - some of my shoes are over 12 years old and look pristine still...

All my golf shoes always have a shoe tree in them unless they are NIB or on my feet. Will prolong the life of them and reduce the funk factor. Best investment you can make if you want to keep your shoes going.

I have a couple pairs of spikeless that I will have to pull from rotation because the tread is wearing down. Over 50 rounds and pretty much all walking.
Same here- had to pull my FJ Pro Sls from 2018 cause of that. I went through a stage of wearing them to/from the range and course for a bit - now I am a little more careful.

I use shoe trees for all shoes. This is my preference for the majority of my shoes.

I have shoe trees and use them for all of my shoes that are leather. It really keeps the forefoot from getting worn looking at the flex point.

This is the best thing I've bought. My feet sweat a lot and some of my old shoes were downright rank. My shoes go on here immediately when I get home after a round and there's no funk at all. I used to use cedar trees when I had shoes that would crease - but that's not an issue with any of my current shoes.

yes of course. I wouldnt think this is an anomaly. I hav three pairs of shoe trees just for my golf shoes.

Back