Shoes for toe room

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
What are the best shoes you have ever found that give your toes some room to relax? I always look for the wide soles but even then some don't give my toes that welcomed stretching out relief.

Buy half a size larger. Thats what I do when wide isnt available. #ProblemSolver

Lunar Controls in Wide.

Lunar Controls in Wide.

Bingo, I have the LC2's in wide and they are awesome. I have some Ecco's and Puma's where I went up a half size and they fit fine as well.

I need to find something designed for more toe breathing room. I'd prefer them be the soft rubber spikes too if such an animal exists.

Last edited:
my 3rd toe is longer than my second toe, so more traditional designs wreak havoc on my feet. my current shoes are ecco biom zero, and while they're the most expensive golf shoe i've ever owned, i have ZERO foot/toe pain after a round.

The original Callaway Del Mar. Not sure if you'll even be able to find them any more, but if you can find them I'd try them out. Huge toe box.

The shoes based on the Nike Free platform (TWs at least, I'm not 100% sure about the FI Impact) should have a pretty wide toe box. True Linkswear could be an option as well, but those are also barefoot-style, which can come with their own problems if you need arch support or something.

Dang! I find a shoe that looks to fill the bill and then my big ole size 13 is hard to find. :banghead:

True links wear for me I also wear a 13 or 12.5w if I can find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True links wear for me I also wear a 13 or 12.5w if I can find them.

All True Links or is there a particular version that works better?

All True Links or is there a particular version that works better?

fwiw I have owned the sensei and px and both left my toes black and blue. yes, the toe boxes were wide, but there was no reinforcement support for when you post up on your finish.

They're not true golf shoes, but I wear Vibram 5 fingers golfing all the time. I've got a few hiking pairs that actually have pretty good grip. Especially if you stay out of bunkers (still okay, but i possible to keep sand out of them). It's like walking around barefoot. Once used to them they're unbelievable.

They're not true golf shoes, but I wear Vibram 5 fingers golfing all the time. I've got a few hiking pairs that actually have pretty good grip. Especially if you stay out of bunkers (still okay, but i possible to keep sand out of them). It's like walking around barefoot. Once used to them they're unbelievable.

Come on now Oiler, I'd be a cutie for sure sporting some five finger golf shoes.... :D

Come on now Oiler, I'd be a cutie for sure sporting some five finger golf shoes.... :D

Seriously, they are awesome. Just amazing. I apparently walk funny and my pinky toes get rolled under and I get callouses on the medial line of my big toes. Except when wearing a pair of my Vibrams. Best shoes ever.

FootJoy M Projects.

fwiw I have owned the sensei and px and both left my toes black and blue. yes, the toe boxes were wide, but there was no reinforcement support for when you post up on your finish.

The Sensei I've found are more of a sneaker you can also play golf in - the Tours and Lyt Dry were much more stable in that area for me.

The True Sensei were the most comfy shoe i have ever worn. golf or not. my only issue was the mesh. i hate mesh, that isn't waterproof.

They're not very popular, but did find that True Linkswear had more toe room in some models (not something I generally need). They are designed with a zero drop, so if you look at them, keep that in mind, because some folks love it, and others not so much.

For what it's worth, I absolutely love my Puma Biodrives. I need a wider than normal toe box area as well and these Biodrives give me all the toe freedom I need without feeling like my entire foot is swimming in the shoe like some other shoes have felt for me. Right now, I don't see myself wearing anything other than Biodrives for a long time, they are that comfortable. I wear them in my casual day-to-day activities as well.

Thanks guys! Some really good options in here ?

As a person that needs this, and has a few pairs of shoes, the two that offered the best to me in this arena in recent releases are.
Puma BioDrive and BioDrive Leather
Callaway Del Mar first edition

Back