Shoes: Leather or something else?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
As I get ready to head out for my early morning round in 30* temps this morning I noticed the ground is quite wet. That got me thinking about wearing a pair of leather shoes instead of my Puma PWRADAPT even though they are no where near as comfortable. Wet feet is no fun for golf.

Do you prefer your shoes be leather or something else? Is it looks related or performance related?

Leather. Have tried a few knit shoes before and they just don't offer as much stability throughout the swing.

I am a sneaker guy, so I prefer the sneaker style golf shoes. Something I can wear on and off the course. Comfort is most important. Non-leather for me.

Leather. I want stability and rigidity which seems more common in leather products over knit products.

I dont have a preference but its also why I have both knit and leather. During the colder months ill always opt for leather shoes and 2 pairs of socks for those wet/cold days.... Summer time ill usually wear lighter, knit shoes

Now that im hooked on the Puma shoes, the PROADAPT have been amazing for our weather without sacrificing any comfort. I actually find them more comfortable than PWRADAPT

Different than most. Use Foot Joy sandals because of arthritis in my toes. With shoes I'm limping in 3/4 holes. Sometimes it's wet and others cold but works for me.

I dont have a preference but its also why I have both knit and leather. During the colder months ill always opt for leather shoes and 2 pairs of socks for those wet/cold days.... Summer time ill usually wear lighter, knit shoes

Now that im hooked on the Puma shoes, the PROADAPT have been amazing for our weather without sacrificing any comfort. I actually find them more comfortable than PWRADAPT

I love the pro adapts.

I’m good in any breathable material. I like the material on my Pumas. Full grain leather does feel a bit heafty especially after they get wet.

I like having both. Mesh for the hot summer days and leather for wet and cold days. Nothing ruins being the first person out on the course with unbroken dew like wet feet.

As I get ready to head out for my early morning round in 30* temps this morning I noticed the ground is quite wet. That got me thinking about wearing a pair of leather shoes instead of my Puma PWRADAPT even though they are no where near as comfortable. Wet feet is no fun for golf.

Do you prefer your shoes be leather or something else? Is it looks related or performance related?
I like anything but the PWRADAPTs. They never last and I’ve been burnt by buying these expensive shoes too many times - now I prefer more substantial shoes that hold up to water. If that means leather, so be it.

I prefer not to have wet feet but the latest golf shoes I have are mesh and most likely not water proof. The leather pair I have aren't that comfortable.

I have one pair of leather and 1 mesh and 1 artificial material of some sort. I rarely wear the leather as it seems age has caused my feet to grow ;). Saving the artificial Foot Joys for a special occasion like the Vokey experience which means I am always wearing the mesh shoes.

I think tonight I'll look at mine and see what they are

My only pair is my boost 2.0s, good enough for me if riding or waking.. hot as hell or cool

Except for some retro Foot Joys, who is actually making leather shoes now? Synthetic materials yes, but actual leather? That being said I have a pair of true leather shoes, but are so heavy, and if get wet, weigh even more so i only wear them now if I know I am taking a cart.

i prefer the fly knit, meshy, stretchy stuff.

I prefer leather. My two favorite shoes of my 6 or so pair are my Footjoy DryJoys Tour and DNA.

I like leather during the winter months, but prefer knit uppers for the hot summer months. If I played somewhere that had a lot of wet I'd want leather with good waterproofing, but we don't get a lot of wet weather in the desert. Either way, I prefer minimalist shoes - the closer it feels to playing barefoot, the more I like it!

Last edited:
Leather is always a good route. Only own one pair of tennis shoe style and they dont get worn.

If it’s dry the sneaker/puma mesh is fantastic great breathability and comfort.

however wet weather - prefer leather to keep my feet dry.

Nike Bandons were the best combo of dry feet and comfort/support though

Before having my Ignite NXT Pro's, I would have said they gotta be leather... so now I guess I'd say leather or whatever those are made out of. Still, I'd prefer a new version of the Biodrive Leather.

Personally I prefer leather. I tried a pair of FJ Freestyle? shoes I think a couple of years ago and while they were comfortable, they just didn't seem to hold back the moisture like my DNAs did.

I prefer leather. I like the look and the structure you get. I haven't tried a pair of the new Puma's yet so that could change of they're as good as everyone says.

Synthetic material, whatever the Nike Lunar Command 2s are made of. I gotta have waterproof shoes. Nothing will ruin my day more than wet feet.

Not too many manufactures use leather -Ecco is the only brand that comes to mind, unless you are spending big bucks!
The synthetic materials do alright but they don’t stand up like leather.

Mesh-No thanks....Durability is a no no

Back