Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
Somebody shot up a Sikh Temple today in Oak Creek, WI. Six dead, several injured. Seven dead if you count the scumbag shooter as a human being. Such a beautiful day here in Cheeseland, and some loser does this. Hard to fathom.

Kevin

I saw that on breaking news earlier. Very sad.

Somebody shot up a Sikh Temple today in Oak Creek, WI. Six dead, several injured. Seven dead if you count the scumbag shooter as a human being. Such a beautiful day here in Cheeseland, and some loser does this. Hard to fathom.

Kevin

Just seeing this now. Wow what a mess, great job by the policeman to put him down for good!

Yep. No waiting for backup. Shot him down like the dog he was.

Kevin

Scary stuff. I thought you cheese farts were a peaceful nation?

We are seeing alot of these spree killers these days...this is the 4th one in a month I think.

Really sad.

Scary stuff. I thought you cheese farts were a peaceful nation?

Nuts here, just like everywhere, unfortunately. We had another screwball shoot up a church about seven years ago not far from where I live. They're interviewing local Sikhs right now, and every one has said how they've never had a problem in WI, while they face discrimination in a lot of areas. So much for that.

Kevin

This could get very ugly because of the religious ties to this tragedy. This is sad knews. Religion is supposed to be a sanctuary, not a place of terror.

This could get very ugly because of the religious ties to this tragedy. This is sad knews. Religion is supposed to be a sanctuary, not a place of terror.

Sadly it kills more than any disease.

--
Tapatalk2

Kevin

I heard about this from my younger son, who lives in Oak Creek. He was a bit freaked out to say the least. These incidents are becoming so frequent and are just so hard for me to grasp.

Such a sad sad story. It is so unfortunate that this stuff is happening.

Sadly it kills more than any disease.

--
Tapatalk2
Religion didnt kill. Ignorance and intolorance did. From what Ive read, there is reason to believe that this is the result of domestic terrorism.
What makes it even worse is that Sikhs were killed. Why kill them? Theyre some of the most peaceful, tolorant, loving religion groups in the world.

Religion didnt kill. Ignorance and intolorance did. From what Ive read, there is reason to believe that this is the result of domestic terrorism.
What makes it even worse is that Sikhs were killed. Why kill them? Theyre some of the most peaceful, tolorant, loving religion groups in the world.

Because they looked different. And some are taught that "different", is bad. Hate isn't something we are born with. It is nurtured and developed by other hateful people.

Wow, that really sucks. I hate to see this kind of stuff.

We Americans used to be proud to be called the Melting Pot of the World. What the HELL happened to that pride and when did it change?

I won't argue the second part, but I'll bet religion had a strong hand in the ignorance and intolerance.

--
Tapatalk2

how tragic. What a terrible thing to happen. What is this world coming to!?

I'm glad the cops ended this guy before he wasted Esox' tax dollars in court and jail.

I'm glad the cops ended this guy before he wasted Esox' tax dollars in court and jail.

Agreed....which is why I hate the lower that whale poop scum bag that shot the folks in Colorado is still living and going to waste tax payer dollars.

Because they looked different. And some are taught that "different", is bad. Hate isn't something we are born with. It is nurtured and developed by other hateful people.
That and the fact that they wear turbans and have beards. To the ignorant and intolorant, they see that and they think, "terrorist".

That's horrible, what a shame. It's a scary world sometimes. Anyone know how far oak creek is from madison?

That's horrible, what a shame. It's a scary world sometimes. Anyone know how far oak creek is from madison?

1 hour 30-40 minutes or so. Oak Creek is a SE suburb of Milwaukee on the lake and the north border of Racine County.

Kevin

It is about an hour to 1.5hrs from Madison.

Yep takes me 1.5 hours to Milwaukee from west side of Madison. Oak creeks just about 15-20 south of Milwaukee.

To think... A few weeks ago people were questioning me about moving to Colorado because of the shooting, then it happens here too.

Look at this a bunch of cheeseheads starting to look like a packer game around here ...

Back