donny475

I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I had a chance to order a driver at a really low price nd I have been wondering about playing a shorter Driver length and the distance versus the better control. So I ordered it an inch short. I hit more fairways this past Saturday than i have in a month, distance? On most, I was longer....! It may be the ease of hitting it on the button with it being shorter, but control was definitely better.

have you tried a shorter Driver?

I did the same thing playing my driver 1 inch shorter. My tee game has never been better. Well worth it To shorten the shaft.

I have been playing 44 1/2 inch driver for a couple years. At my fitting at the GD they left it stock length and I have been just fine for a couple rounds.

I played drivers in the 43.75"-44.25" range for years. I'm currently at 45" and doing alright. Thinking about going up to 45.5" to see if I can handle it.

I've played 43" to 44" drivers and found that distance is similar to my 3-wood.
For me, 45" to 46" drivers produce maximum distance. I don't notice any accuracy difference when comparing 44" to 46" drivers.

I have mine at 44.75”. I can’t see myself ever going back to “standard” length drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lot of great threads on the Thriver.

i have had great success with it.

moreso with a 43” shaft in there than anything else

I play 44.75” driver and have never been longer and straighter. When I try 45.5” clubs it’s a spray fest!

I’m at 44.75” now. Was playing at 44.25” for most of the season... very happy with both of these lengths.

I've played 43.5, 44.5 and now 45.5" over the past 4 decades. I was longer with the shorter ones, because I was younger and more free swinging. I have adjusted to the 45.5" and get decent distance. Length of shaft does not seem to affect my accuracy. The quality of my swing, does affect my accuracy.

I have been playing 44 1/2 inch driver for a couple years.

did you add/make any weight changes to the club head (i.e. lead tape, etc.)?

Last edited:
I did not, I didn't find any issues with it being to light for me and didn't have any control issues.

I have a Cobra F9 3W. It is 43.5" long. My carry distance off the tee with it is 215 yds.

I have a Ping G410 driver. I went higher loft - 12 degrees with a low spin low launch shaft, and also went 44" shaft length - Ping made it to D3 swing weight. My carry distance with it is 225 - 230 yds. Number of yds offline has narrowed. Spin numbers are around 2200 - 2500 rpm.

Back