Shortie Leg Sunday Bag

Mabuckeye

Reaction score
Anyone using the short leg stand bags like the Mizuno BR-D2, TaylorMade Quiver, or Callaway HyperLite Pencil? Saw them on a Scotland Netflix series and find them interesting. What do you like and not like about the bags? Thanks!
5B169CC1-F90C-4D36-A561-4E535E2A87BE.jpeg

I really don't understand the point of these bags so hopefully someone will enlighten me.

Is the shortie leg just so the bag doesn't lay completely on the ground?

I have a regular length pencil bag, and its ok. Use it maybe once a year with a reduced number of clubs for a camping trip.

I like the little stand. I bet it helps on a dewy morning.

I had the Titleist version with no legs. It was great for a quick walking 9.

The thing that puzzles me is the fact that you can get a sub 3 pound carry bag with full length stands and these bags are listed as 3 pounds. That’s why I was interested in someone who has used one and what it’s benefit was over a regular lightweight stand bag. It does look slimmer fhan say a Titleist Carbon 4 or Sun Mountain 2.5.

I just prefer using a carry only bag or a stand bag. Unless it's super wet I've never had issues with my bag getting soaked.

I have seen these shortie leg bags at around $100 so I guess there is a price advantage over a SM 2.5 or Players 4 Carbon...

I really don't understand the point of these bags so hopefully someone will enlighten me.

Count me in, too. What's the draw of shorter legs?

I have a lightweight carry bag that has a regular stand and I don't see the need for a bag like that.

shorty leg bags are fine till the ground is wet...and the straps sit on the ground if you don't bother to "sit them right"

Sunday bags baffle me. Even I play a par three, we generally take 7 clubs each, throw em in one bag and then play a round of matchplay, who ever loses the hole carries the bag.

No need for it, but thats just my opinion.

Back