Shot my age today. thanks to THP forums

U_of_Bucky

Reaction score
Handicap
I am 67. My round included 7 birdies and two bogeys. Granted it was on a local 9 hole 6,100 track. It does have a 218-yard par 3 with the left guarded by a huge oak tree and a large mound on the right. The 9th hole is a 410-yard uphill par 4 with a narrow fairway with trees on each side. Both those I parred 2 times.

This is my lowest score on this local course. Moundview CC at Adams Friendship, Wisconsin. Moundview CC

What helped me score well?
1. An inversion table that has worked miracles on my back.
2. A swing change ( modified Bubba Watson with Stack and Tilt overtones.
3. Putting posture change and focus. I just watched Jack Nicklaus Versus Sam Snead on Shell's Wide World of Golf. I modified Jack's stance and stroke and tried to replicate his intensity.
4. THE FORUMS ON THP. SPECIFICALLY, THE THREAD ADVICE ABOUT THE APPROACH SHOT PERCENT POWER. I LIMITED MY IRONS TO 65 TO 75%. MY DRIVER AND 3 WOOD WERE LIMITED TO 90%. MAKING SOLID CONTACT AND KEEPING DIRECTIONAL CONTROL WAS THE KEY!

thank you, The Hackers Paradise Members!!!!!!!!!!:love::giggle::D:cool:

Heck yes! Nice round!!

Way to attack with that controlled precision.

Well done, sir!!!

Nice!

I’ve shot my age many times..... for 9.

i don’t care what distance you played from. you have to golf your damn ball to post a 67. well done!!!

Congrats!

Well done. How did you gauge club selection with the focused effort on slowing down? Very impressive round!

Awesome round and accomplishment! 👏

Awesome. Congrats to you. So there is hope for me than. By the way that 218 yard Par 3 would most likely be a double bogey for me. ;)

Well done. How did you gauge club selection with the focused effort on slowing down? Very impressive round!

Ah, there is the rub. The club selection. I have been practicing on the range before unveiling this strategy on the course. I did not carry a laser, GPS, and walked so no GPS on the cart. The course has blue and white markers in the middle of the fairway. So I have an approximate distance. It was windy today. 10 to 20 mph gusts. So flighting the ball down helped.

I am trying to be more of a feel player. So I debated with a formidable opponent, myself, as to which club to pull. The lower loft always won. As far as swing percentage. Kinda like putting. I just got an image and went with it. I believe the mind if left alone has a great intuitive feel for performance. I am in agreement with Slinging Sammy Snead. Decide on the shot variables and images beforehand. Then happy thoughts and white noise during the swing.

That is incredible! Congrats.

Awesome. Congrats to you. So there is hope for me then. By the way that 218 yard Par 3 would most likely be a double bogey for me. ;)

I have a choice of playing that hole from 150 or the tips. I always pick the tips. Its a comfortable teed 3 wood. The next hole is a dogleg right par 5 which asks for a high cut 3 wood on the second shot. So the par 3 is the driving range!

The par 3 at the tips for those who can not reach in one stroke consistently can be broken into two. Whatever gets you 150 off the tee. Then a wedge in. Actually getting closer to the approach allows for a higher controlled second shot. Unless you have prior knowledge as to pin location, the mound on the right prevents gauging its depth on a long front to back layout with plenty of side slope. I am just guessing distance and slope from the tee box. NOT MY FAVORITE PARTIALLY BLIND SHOT INTO A PAR 3 :cool:

Congratulations! I hope to live to be old enough to shoot my age someday:p.

Congratulations, shooting your age is a monumental achievement!

Way to go!!! I hope it happens for me some day, but I know the planets will have to align.

Great round sir! Love hearing about PBs!

Incredible, congrats and just like what was said above you still gotta hit and putt the ball regardless so, heck of a job!

Congrats on the accomplishment.

That would be so cool

Way to go

Awesome score!

Back