Shot Scope - Strokes Gained Tracking System

Same. 100%

I’m disappointed in myself.
If we hadn't dropped $4k in the last month on dog surgeries, on top some business licenses, I probably would have been all over it.

If you use it for putting yeah I can see it working better and by all accounts I think Shot Scope may work better than regard
I use it to go through all aspects of my game, but putting usually offers the most opportunity.

If we hadn't dropped $4k in the last month on dog surgeries, on top some business licenses, I probably would have been all over it.

I know the feeling. Had a $5k dog surgery bill in January. Ugh …

Adding strokes gained where you can compare your game to similar skill levels is huge. I mean one of the main critic points always seems to be that it's pointless to compare the general hackers game to the one of those tour players. But if the right comparison is made, strokes gained is genius in my opinion.

The only thing I ask myself: The data of tour players is extremely precise because it's measured with high-tech equipment over a long period of time. But where's the data for the handicaps of us mere mortals from? Is it the data of shot scope users? Because if the score is not kept disciplined in shot scope, the data pool gets messed up for everyone else, right? For example if a chip shot is not measured and I don't correct it later because I don't care, then the approach would seem to be better proximity to the hole. If that happens often enough, the whole handicap class has a better proximity and I would wonder why I suck at approach shots when I compare...

And is the handicap based on what the user claims, or what the system calculates? That could falsify the data pool as well...

Or am I wrong with those thoughts?

This is a real nice feature. Arccos rolled out strokes gained data last year and I wasn't a huge fan honestly. Its demoralizing haha
I toggle back and forth comparing to a scratch and to my own handicap for reference. Less demoralizing! But seriously did a ton of wedge work this spring for dialing in 50-100 yard approach shots since that was my weakest point. Also found that I gained more strokes from driving further in the rough than hitting 3 wood or long iron to the fairway.

By far though the most impressive part of using Arccos has been the slope and weather adjustment. I would get the general number to the pin or middle and guesstimate. Now I can at least get the adjusted number and pull the trigger. Saves a lot of time and from me coming up short so much.

I don't focus on strokes gained much, but have been looking more into Shot Scope lately, and this is definitely one more thing that adds up and helps tip scales...:unsure:

I really am digging this feature. I can see that my approach shots and putting will be areas of focus for improvement.

Back