So first time out in the morning with the V3. What do I do. Just fire up the watch ? And hit play ?

Yep, I still use a scorecard so I remember stats when I edit the round and sign off the card on the website

Power on, select your course and select your GPS mode

Thats it, depending on if you are using Pin Collect or not

Power on, select your course and select your GPS mode

Thats it, depending on if you are using Pin Collect or not
Does pin collect come up automatically on the green?

So first time out in the morning with the V3. What do I do. Just fire up the watch ? And hit play ?
Yeah, gps + track (assuming you put the tags on and set up the app). It takes a few minutes to connect so factor that in. But it’s two, maybe three clicks and you are rocking

For those who have used this on the course, does the Pin Collect screen come on once you've actually stepped on the green or when you get close to it? I know they say to record the number of times you use the putter even if one of the strokes was from the fringe. Game Golf always assumed that a putter was used ON the green and if used from the fringe you had to edit the stroke to reflect that. Is the Shot Scope accuracy so good as to know that the first stroke with a putter was only a foot (or less!) from off the green? Or is editing required using Shot Scope as well. It is not clear from everything I've read.

I'm thinking if the Pin Collect screen doesn't come on until you are actually on the green, then maybe avoid stepping onto the green before putting from off the green to properly show where the stroke took place?

I don't get to use mine until tomorrow and I'm curious.

For those who have used this on the course, does the Pin Collect screen come on once you've actually stepped on the green or when you get close to it? I know they say to record the number of times you use the putter even if one of the strokes was from the fringe. Game Golf always assumed that a putter was used ON the green and if used from the fringe you had to edit the stroke to reflect that. Is the Shot Scope accuracy so good as to know that the first stroke with a putter was only a foot (or less!) from off the green? Or is editing required using Shot Scope as well. It is not clear from everything I've read.

I'm thinking if the Pin Collect screen doesn't come on until you are actually on the green, then maybe avoid stepping onto the green before putting from off the green to properly show where the stroke took place?
I’m not sure actually but seems to be when you get to the green. For me, when I pulled the ball out of the cup, I pressed the button

I’m not sure actually but seems to be when you get to the green. For me, when I pulled the ball out of the cup, I pressed the button
So you didn't take particular notice when the Pin Collect screen actually comes on? I plan to leave it in "Auto" mode for putting to start and, like you just said, hit the appropriate button for number of putts when I get the ball out of the hole. Since you pick the number corresponding to the number of times you used the putter, even if one was from off the green, I'm just trying to figure out if it knows the first one was from the fringe or do I have to do something in edit mode after the round to reflect that.

So you didn't take particular notice when the Pin Collect screen actually comes on? I plan to leave it in "Auto" mode for putting to start and, like you just said, hit the appropriate button for number of putts when I get the ball out of the hole. Since you pick the number corresponding to the number of times you used the putter, even if one was from off the green, I'm just trying to figure out if it knows the first one was from the fringe or do I have to do something in edit mode after the round to reflect that.

It probably depends on the GPS mapping of the course. If it's off slightly a putt that was on the green might appear off and vice versa

It comes on as you get to the green, usually within a few yards of it. Shotscope says to record your putts from off the green with pin collect too, as they then take them into account for the relevant stats

You soon become used to pressing the relevant button as you pick the ball out of the hole, something which I kept forgetting to do when I first started using it

I used auto putt today. What does The manual putt Setting do ?

For manual putt, you press the button when ever you are over the putt. Its basically for if you don't have the putter tag on your putter.

Shotscope then knows where each putt was taken from

For manual putt, you press the button when ever you are over the putt. Its basically for if you don't have the putter tag on your putter.

Shotscope then knows where each putt was taken from
Hmm cool. I might try that mode. Seems quicker than editing to actual afterward. I found the Auto putting tracking was ok but needed to fix it a few times.

Is there a way to add shots/clubs during a round? I'm going out for the first time with ShotScope, and I have the fitting cart driver which has a cap in the grip. I can't put a tag in my driver until the one I ordered comes in.

Not during the round, but you can after when you are editing the round

Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing since it knows where I hit my 2nd shot from it'll calculate driver yardage from that spot?

It will prompt you to add the tee shot if it doesnt detect that a club was used.

Perfect. Thanks Mike

Now that my Arccos sensors are dying in my grips this looks like a viable alternative.

Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing since it knows where I hit my 2nd shot from it'll calculate driver yardage from that spot?
Yup. That’s how it calcs every shot distance.

Is there a way to add shots/clubs during a round? I'm going out for the first time with ShotScope, and I have the fitting cart driver which has a cap in the grip. I can't put a tag in my driver until the one I ordered comes in.
Those fitting caps in the grip pop right out.

I don't have my V3 yet. I wasn't a user of the previous V1 or V2. Thinking of accurate stat tracking, would a V3 user who putts from the fringe close enough to one-putt into the hole count only 1 putt? Technically, a putt doesn't count until it is on the green. So in theory, the fringe putt is counted as a chip and the one putt is accurate because it only took one putt on the green? Can anyone confirm this is how it works?

Those fitting caps in the grip pop right out.
You smart SOB! I didn't even try to pop the fitting cart tag out.🤦‍♂️ Can put it back in before I take it back to the shop.

Back