that's a large green :oops:
Oh man, we have some courses where the greens are EASILY 50+ yards. It's shocking. You think you're a GIR but you're then a guaranteed 3 putt.
If I was to go somewhere and play a course with small greens, I would never make it to putter.

If you are using "Manual" mode, since I don't use it. I'm not sure if those shots with other clubs are picked up or not. I know if one is on the green and the pin collect screen is not showing, you can "force it" by using the menu button and scrolling. Not sure how to get the yardage screen to show in the opposite case when the Pin Collect screen is showing.
I did a little test today, using the "Manual" putting method. On the 6th hole, I was off the green and needed to use a wedge to chip up. I walked across the green to make sure the Pin Collect screen was showing. There is no way to verify if the club was "registered" as the Show Club function doesn't work with the manual Pin Collect screen. I did not even check to see if there was a way to get the yardage screen back, just left it in Pin Collect mode. When I edited the round, the wedge I used was correctly recorded.

On the 12th hole, I was just long on the back fringe. I was close enough that I would normally have putted it. Again, with the manual Pin Collect screen showing, I used my SW and just bumped it onto the green. As fate would have it, it rolled into the cup for a chip-in birdie. Again, the shot was correctly recorded by the system.

So, in either Auto or Manual putting mode, if you are using a club other than your putter, the shot will be recorded properly with the Pin Collect screen still showing.

@JDax Three things. Make sure you are moving the tag toward the strap that connect at the top of the watch, That is the one with the antenna in it. Secondly, check to make sure that the watch band has no cracks or breaks in it. Lastly, check that it is securely fastened to the watch. It uses small Torx screws and if that band comes loose the electrical connection to the watch itself will get lost and no tags will be sensed.

Oh man, we have some courses where the greens are EASILY 50+ yards. It's shocking. You think you're a GIR but you're then a guaranteed 3 putt.
If I was to go somewhere and play a course with small greens, I would never make it to putter.
I'm the opposite. The two courses I paly most have tiny greens, where I feel like just about every hole it at least will get a look at the hole.

I'm the opposite. The two courses I paly most have tiny greens, where I feel like just about every hole it at least will get a look at the hole.
I find that in a lot of cases I would rather be off the green to be able to play a gentle bump & run to get to the hole, rather than be forced to putt towards the hole and contend with all elevation changes.

Still highly considering this for next year to compare to arccos. I wanted to switch grips anyway.
I think I need one of these in my life
Really pondering hard on one of these right now. :unsure:
Still haven't pulled the trigger on one of these. BG only has red ones in stock :(
Someone convince me why I should pick one of these up instead of using Arccos sensors I already have...go!
You guys make some valid points :unsure:
You, sir, must make some of the finest waffles in the land 😁

Alright alright....order placed! V3 Incoming!

question about an issue I'm finding on every course I play in my area. It seems like every hole I am on, my watch shows another hole and i constantly have to cycle through the holes to get to the hole I'm on for the distance. for Example, I am on hole 12 but my watch shows hole 7 and what club I hit last but when i end my round, the data is on the correct hole. Is this just always going to happen?

question about an issue I'm finding on every course I play in my area. It seems like every hole I am on, my watch shows another hole and i constantly have to cycle through the holes to get to the hole I'm on for the distance. for Example, I am on hole 12 but my watch shows hole 7 and what club I hit last but when i end my round, the data is on the correct hole. Is this just always going to happen?
Do you use the Btn (Button) Lock feature in Settings? When I first got mine, I did not, and my glove would push against the bottom button and advance the watch to another hole.

A bit ahead of time, official email coming out tomorrow. If you check out Course Analysis on dashboard.shotscope.com then you will see some updates.

Look forward to hearing some of the feedback.

looking forward to it. Does it cover including 9 hole rounds?

A bit ahead of time, official email coming out tomorrow. If you check out Course Analysis on dashboard.shotscope.com then you will see some updates.

Great stuff.

Love being able to drill way down into the weeds.

And the shot plotting is awesome!

Also, SG by hole is very cool. Gives me a look at what holes are my weakness. Next time I go out, I plan to change the strategy of how I play the hole, and see what happens.

This is a great update.

Last edited:

ooh, can't wait to see this feature.

@GavinwithaR1 Just took a quick glance before heading out for today's round. All I can say is WOW! Job well done! I will dive in with more depth when I get home. Thanks!!!

Hmm....All I get is blank screen on my computer or phone.
It this different than the course Analysis that is on the App?

took me a while to see where that Course Analysis button was - if anyone is wondering its on the "Rounds" tab at the very bottom of the page.
You have to select the course you want from your rounds list on the side.
Then scroll down to the bottom and you can look up stats from that course.

1660652643246.png

Hmm....All I get is blank screen on my computer or phone.
It this different than the course Analysis that is on the App?
Its working on both desktop and phone app for me this morning.

Back