Mine wouldn't load at all again today.. when it would connect it would ultimately disconnect again. I just put it back in the bag.

Mine wouldn't load at all again today.. when it would connect it would ultimately disconnect again. I just put it back in the bag.
Would it keep reverting back to searching for GPS? I ultimately had to exchange my watch because it was in an endless loop of doing this. Got a new watch without any further issues.

I’m still amazed at how fast this watch charges. I put it on the charger last night and it went from 59% to 100% in about 15 minutes.

Would it keep reverting back to searching for GPS? I ultimately had to exchange my watch because it was in an endless loop of doing this. Got a new watch without any further issues.
this is pretty much it....

I feel your pain. My first V3 was a lemon but Shot Scope customer service was quick to send me another one. Kudos to them.

Unfortunately, this one hasn't performed much better. I've had to delete every round played but two in the past year. I just don't have the patience to find and edit 10-12 shots per round.

Today, according to my V3, I shot a 31-31--62 (actually shot a 76). I was dumbfounded when I synced the round and opened it in my dashboard. Not only did it miss the usual number of shots, but also totally missed two holes, both of them par 3s.

I must have some electrical energy in my body that interferes with the sensors. :p

I try to remember to hold the grip butt to the watch on every shot but that's not what I'm focused on during a round. My pre-shot routine is a couple of left-arm only swings, so the V3 has ample time/opportunity to detect the club I’m playing. It’s frustrating.

I may pass this one along to another Albatross Club member and see if they have better luck with it. :confused:

I really enjoyed the data from the other system I was using and plan on changing to this since the service is free after purchase. Disappointed I can't get it to work. I have also played some in places that cell phones don't work so maybe that will hurt it. It doesn't work in our state capitol either so there's that.......

I really enjoyed the data from the other system I was using and plan on changing to this since the service is free after purchase. Disappointed I can't get it to work. I have also played some in places that cell phones don't work so maybe that will hurt it. It doesn't work in our state capitol either so there's that.......
Maybe that is why it is such a bargain right now? I was digging into this thinking I might upgrade my older Garmin S20, but my S20 works great and has never failed me, so I may pass on this V3 deal unless I can find some compelling reason to pick it up.

I just don't have the patience to find and edit 10-12 shots per round.
What types of shots is it missing? Also, I don't know if you meant you literally touch the sensor to the watch itself, but it is the watch band, the one connected to the top of the watch as you wear it, that senses the tag. Have you used the "Tags" function in settings to make sure each of the tags is working? If I miss 1 or 2 strokes a round, that is a lot. As a 9.1 index, I can't see you "duffing" that many shots that wouldn't be sensed.

What types of shots is it missing? Also, I don't know if you meant you literally touch the sensor to the watch itself, but it is the watch band, the one connected to the top of the watch as you wear it, that senses the tag. Have you used the "Tags" function in settings to make sure each of the tags is working? If I miss 1 or 2 strokes a round, that is a lot. As a 9.1 index, I can't see you "duffing" that many shots that wouldn't be sensed.
Haha, no, I didn’t “duff” many shots yesterday on my way to shooting a 76.

Yes, I hold the tag to the watch band. All the tags work if I remember to do that but, seriously, that shouldn’t be necessary. I’m focused on playing golf, not golf watch.

There is no pattern to the specific club missed. It’s erratic. It can miss second shots, which results in the synced round showing drives of the length of the hole. But, it’s just as likely to miss a tee shot or a chip shot around the green.

Yesterday was the first time it completely missed two holes. That’s really strange since I “recorded” both of the two-putt pars. I had a solid round that I wanted to analyze afterwards, so it was disappointing to sync the round and have it pop up with a 62.

Anybody know, on manual putt mode, is there a way to exit the green mode? A lot of times I walk up near the green and go to hit a chip from a little bit off the green, but it automatically goes to record putts and I can't figure out how to go back to record normal shots.

Is there an X next to one of the buttons? If there is, pushing that will get you out of putting mode. Try walking further away from the green, then back again.

Anybody know, on manual putt mode, is there a way to exit the green mode? A lot of times I walk up near the green and go to hit a chip from a little bit off the green, but it automatically goes to record putts and I can't figure out how to go back to record normal shots.
No need to exit that screen. In both manual and auto modes with the Pin Collect screen showing, chips with other clubs will be sensed (assuming you haven't choked down such that the tag is out of range of the watch band) and properly recorded. I knew it always worked that way in Auto mode, but I switched to Manual mode just to test it out, and it works the same.

No need to exit that screen. In both manual and auto modes with the Pin Collect screen showing, chips with other clubs will be sensed (assuming you haven't choked down such that the tag is out of range of the watch band) and properly recorded. I knew it always worked that way in Auto mode, but I switched to Manual mode just to test it out, and it works the same.

Great, I wasn't sure because it doesn't come up with the club that was just sensed on the screen, but good to know it works!

To the other conversation happening, I have noticed it misses maybe 1-3 shots a round but generally if I take a glance at the watch first and see if the club comes up, and if it doesn't just deliberately tap to the watch, I really don't miss any.

@GavinwithaR1 ...never really thought about it before but is distance measured from the first time the club is detected? Or when you actually swing... It just occurred to me while I was waiting and saw my club was detected and I was well away from the tee box... Sorry if this had been asked before.

Also, how do we separate data for "non-standard" club use (i.e. Short punch shots out of trouble spots)? Or is that already addressed through the performance average Stat? Again... Apologies for a repeat question.

how do we separate data for "non-standard" club use (i.e. Short punch shots out of trouble spots)?
During editing, you mark those shots as "Positional". Same with 2nd shots / layups on par 5s. Otherwise, your approach stats are negatively affected.

During editing, you mark those shots as "Positional". Same with 2nd shots / layups on par 5s. Otherwise, your approach stats are negatively affected.

Hmm. Might need to go back through my rounds and check that stuff. Wasn't aware of that.

Hmm. Might need to go back through my rounds and check that stuff. Wasn't aware of that.
"Positional" keeps them from counting towards club distances. Since Shot Scope defines approach shots as any shot over 50 yards, those layups count against your approach stats unless marked as "Positional". I think Gavin indicated that they are looking into another shot category, maybe called "layup", that would count towards club distances as many people want that, but do NOT count in one's approach stats.

Same here. I have gotten back in the habit of taking my medicine and hitting a 6i or my UI 30-40yds to put me in a better spot and it does drag my stats... I know the stats aren't the end all-be all but it makes for an underwhelming club performance graphic 🤣

@GavinwithaR1 ...never really thought about it before but is distance measured from the first time the club is detected? Or when you actually swing... It just occurred to me while I was waiting and saw my club was detected and I was well away from the tee box... Sorry if this had been asked before.

Also, how do we separate data for "non-standard" club use (i.e. Short punch shots out of trouble spots)? Or is that already addressed through the performance average Stat? Again... Apologies for a repeat question.

No, it isn't where the tag is first read, it is where it reads a swing. Remind me about this at next year's Data Experience, I can get quite indepth on this.

Non-standard club use, perf avg removes a huge number of shots, so it will be removed from club averages, you can also tag as a positional shot in the sign off process if you want.

Had my first weird occurrence the other day.

It imported my round as 2 separate 9s.

I remember reading about this a while back, but I'm too lazy to go hunting. @GavinwithaR1 I assume I should email support about this?

No, it isn't where the tag is first read, it is where it reads a swing. Remind me about this at next year's Data Experience, I can get quite indepth on this.

Non-standard club use, perf avg removes a huge number of shots, so it will be removed from club averages, you can also tag as a positional shot in the sign off process if you want.

are you saying i'm in? :LOL:

Had my first weird occurrence the other day.

It imported my round as 2 separate 9s.

I remember reading about this a while back, but I'm too lazy to go hunting. @GavinwithaR1 I assume I should email support about this?

Yes the guys will be able to put them together and have a look to see why that has happened.

I’m getting ready to wrap up the golf year for as concerned to the open season (closes 10-31-22) and have been looking at the 2022 stats. Really pleased with my improvements this year and have a plan to improve putting next year. The V3 has been instrumental in helping me learn what my weaknesses are and how to work on them. I have a couple rounds scheduled for warm weather areas in the next couple of months but these are how they numbers shook out so far:
510C3C80-BAB8-4B81-AFE8-51F666E01CC9.png
1464AD76-BFE0-4431-9F02-6F1E5598B269.png
544C5411-805C-4EBB-AC2C-1F2DC67EA6A8.jpeg

Putting and approach play have been my glaring faults but have improved as the year went on. Progress and data driven results.
Shot Scope is a great company and they have provided me insight that has made golf more enjoyable.

Back