To those that are interested, let me know what information you want! I’m trying to give you what you need in my review and there is so much here to cover that I could really use you help on what aspects interest you!

I've owned a V2 for a couple of years and love it. What are the advantages of the V3 vs V2 besides the size of the watch and color screen. Does it track different stats? Does it use the same app as the V2? How much better is the GPS accuracy? Do you think it is worth the upgrade?

I think it misses less shots and is much easier to wear. I ditched my v2 as I hated wearing it. Played 4 rounds with v3 and do not even notice it on my wrist.

I need to edit that last post - bear with me folks. I’m still waking up 😂

Let’s try this again, but this time with the right club labels.

Do you have any shots of the watch in action or data caps from your phone. Phone interface renders look decent to me but the watch part looks kind of blah.

So which clubs did you end up using in your 5ish rounds with this that surprised you most?
I wanted to share a little bit of what will change the way I play around the green. This is after five rounds

here is my 58 degree wedge data from around the green. It isn’t my go to around the green but it’s very versatile and gives me options to go high and low. As you can see, it’s usage is not insubstantial but I’m not lighting the world on fire with it. I use it a lot for the short sided, toe down chips from the fringe that I love trying.

B1DFCEFF-E5A9-4FE1-BE86-F0BE64DC1594.jpeg

Take now my putter around the greens. It gets about the same amount of usage but the success rate is off the charts. In my mind, I don’t have as much confidence in my putter to get it close to the hole from off the green compared to a wedge

FA5B8282-0556-472B-9BA3-9084677063C3.jpeg

I often thought I was much better with my wedges than my putter on those near misses but the data clearly says otherwise. And if I can get a putter on it, Im probably best served by putting the darn thing.

I still use the 54* wedge the most (its the remaining percentage and has an inside 6 feet percentage of 50%) and won’t stop using it because if I miss the green and have a lane to putt it, I’m going to from now on. Either that or I actually have to practice those shots with the 58* wedge because I’m losing a lot of strokes there.

Let’s try this again, but this time with the right club labels.

I wanted to share a little bit of what will change the way I play around the green. This is after five rounds

here is my 58 degree wedge data from around the green. It isn’t my go to around the green but it’s very versatile and gives me options to go high and low. As you can see, it’s usage is not insubstantial but I’m not lighting the world on fire with it. I use it a lot for the short sided, toe down chips from the fringe that I love trying.

View attachment 8952124

Take now my putter around the greens. It gets about the same amount of usage but the success rate is off the charts. In my mind, I don’t have as much confidence in my putter to get it close to the hole from off the green compared to a wedge

View attachment 8952125

I often thought I was much better with my wedges than my putter on those near misses but the data clearly says otherwise. And if I can get a putter on it, Im probably best served by putting the darn thing.

I still use the 54* wedge the most (its the remaining percentage and has an inside 6 feet percentage of 50%) and won’t stop using it because if I miss the green and have a lane to putt it, I’m going to from now on. Either that or I actually have to practice those shots with the 58* wedge because I’m losing a lot of strokes there.
THIS!!! This right here is the kind of stuff I can't wait to go over. I have a very similar mentality. When it comes time to take the shot, I have myself convinced that I am better with a wedge in my hand. I have a feeling I would be getting similar results to you.

But seriously, this is the kind of data that I am too stupid to figure out on my own :)

I ordered mine as soon as I got the email yesterday afternoon. Having used Game Golf off and on for just over 5 years and after trying Golf Pad I am pretty familiar with the tags as they all seem similar.

Has anybody who uses a Stroke Lab putter screwed the Putter Tag into the butt end of the grip? I am able to do that with the Game Golf TAGS but had to cut two threads off the Golf Pad TAG to get it to screw in. It seems the weight in the Stroke Lab putters is recessed enough to allow that but curious if modification is required for the V3 Putter TAG.

I ordered mine as soon as I got the email yesterday afternoon. Having used Game Golf off and on for just over 5 years and after trying Golf Pad I am pretty familiar with the tags as they all seem similar.

Has anybody who uses a Stroke Lab putter screwed the Putter Tag into the butt end of the grip? I am able to do that with the Game Golf TAGS but had to cut two threads off the Golf Pad TAG to get it to screw in. It seems the weight in the Stroke Lab putters is recessed enough to allow that but curious if modification is required for the V3 Putter TAG.

Here is mine. Sticks up slightly but never noticed it

99CD6848-9B9B-43D8-95A1-E05C788572B0.jpeg

Here is mine. Sticks up slightly but never noticed it

View attachment 8952129
Was just wondering about this. It looks like the threads are long enough on the tags to allow for some trimming while still being secure in the grip. But, that's not too bad.

I'm going to try and do what I did with the Golf Pad TAG and start by cutting one thread off at a time. Like I said, with the Golf Pad I cut off two threads before it fit flush but still felt very secure and never fell off.

I cut two threads off of my V3 tag and used Black Duck Tape to tape it on to the putter - You don't even see it.

Some good info on this product. I've always thought about getting technology that can improve my game. Data is where it's at and the V3 could be on the list. Great write up JB.

finally got out again yesterday (thumb injury a few weeks back) - took out the V3. played the front nine, made the turn and ..... the course doesn't have a back nine on the v3. This isn't a new course, its not a course that's been reconfigured or re-routed. No reason to not have a back nine. Going to open up a support ticket today.

Looks nice, very smart watch styling

Didn't have to trim it? Must have a thick end cap?
No trimming with this grip, although you could easily trim it without issue. I’ve done it in the past with sensors.

I have used one round with v3. It missed about six shots. A few were short puts, which I know is always a challenge, but the others were full shots. I still use a scorecard because it still misses too many shots. Hopefully it gets better

I have used one round with v3. It missed about six shots. A few were short puts, which I know is always a challenge, but the others were full shots. I still use a scorecard because it still misses too many shots. Hopefully it gets better
Did you use the pin collect? I don't know how it misses a putt when you enter the number at the pin but I might be missing something because I'm new to the device.

The idea of taking perhaps more than one practice swing and something perhaps unrelated to the shot at hand in the case of chips, pitches and putts is going to take some getting used to for me. I typically take one practice swing astride the ball, step into my shot and pull the trigger.

I've tried Arccos for only a round and a half now, but have been more than underwhelmed by it, especially after it missed over 40 shots (yes, 40) the last time out.

This thing looks ideal. GameGolf-like RFID tags without tagging, and a GPS watch? Yes, please.

To those that are interested, let me know what information you want! I’m trying to give you what you need in my review and there is so much here to cover that I could really use you help on what aspects interest you!
For starters.

1) Is the system limited to 14 clubs or can you have multiples?
For example in Game Golf I have over 20 different drivers in that system having owned it since 2016. Right now I am testing 3 drivers and if I bring them to the course I can only have 14 live clubs to choose from but when I go back and edit I can activate the 2 others and select those as being used for shots.

2) If you have say a year's worth of data, Can you compare distances you hit a certain club based on certain rounds or a time period? Say you want to look at avg driving distance from Driver A from Jan-June and then Driver B from July-Dec?

The idea of taking perhaps more than one practice swing and something perhaps unrelated to the shot at hand in the case of chips, pitches and putts is going to take some getting used to for me. I typically take one practice swing astride the ball, step into my shot and pull the trigger.
I am not following this comment, can you elaborate?
Are you saying with this unit you can't take practice swings? I normally don't but just curious.

I am not following this comment, can you elaborate?
Are you saying with this unit you can't take practice swings? I normally don't but just curious.
Just the opposite! Apparently you must take a practice swing to "wake the watch up" before it will sense the shot itself. I think it is even suggested to take more than one. On chips, pitches and putts I know my practice swing is intended to mimic the shot at hand and may not be "vigorous" enough to get the watch awake. Thus, one may have to take a fuller practice swing on chips, pitches and putts before rehearsing the shot.

Back