Thanks for the review, I'm intrigued.

Is there a way to send a link to somebody so that you can see the person's round?
On Game Golf my buddies and I would share our rounds and or "follow" each other and it would notify us if anyone posted a round to check out.
For example on Game Golf here is my last round:
http://www.gamegolf.com/player/erock717/round/2911226

You can go hole by hole, but I think you both need to have shotscope to see the round

I may be wrong, but on mine I can see others rounds hole by hole on the same course that I played on

I stopped in my local PGA Superstore after my round of golf. I was going to trade in some clubs and pick up one of these devices. I asked the workers behind the counter if they had it in stock or carried it and they looked at me like I had 3 heads. They have never heard of such a thing. I guess they don't THP!

I told them about the site and mentioned to them that if they wanted to stay updated on all the new golf products then to check it out!

I guess my quest to obtain one of these will just have to wait a bit longer.

I stopped in my local PGA Superstore after my round of golf. I was going to trade in some clubs and pick up one of these devices. I asked the workers behind the counter if they had it in stock or carried it and they looked at me like I had 3 heads. They have never heard of such a thing. I guess they don't THP!

I told them about the site and mentioned to them that if they wanted to stay updated on all the new golf products then to check it out!

When the Epic Flash Triple Diamond released last year on Callys website, I called to place my order the same day and the guys in sales on the phone had no idea what I was talking about, so I walked them through where to find it on their website. LOL.

Well considering game golf is dead this may be the next best thing for me, but I like my samsung watch for distance and even shot logging
Is there an app you prefer on your Samsung watch? I have not found one that works well - wondering if it's user error...

I really wish that you could download the data to a cvs file. Being a data goddess I would love to be able to slice and dice this data across multiple years, separate by courses, compare individual holes across time ......

Mine is on the way.

I just like my apple watch too much. If it wasn’t for wearing that all day, I would be all over this.
What golf app do you use? I don't like my Apple watch for golf at all.

I really wish that you could download the data to a cvs file. Being a data goddess I would love to be able to slice and dice this data across multiple years, separate by courses, compare individual holes across time ......
I would be really surprised if someone like @phoffer couldn't find a way to download the data...

called Galaxy today. Same deal. Only available online. I had a gift card to burn at DSG so I ordered through them.

I would be really surprised if someone like @phoffer couldn't find a way to download the data...
Hopefully their architecture is built better than Arccos, but yes it is most likely possible if I have an account with data I can poke around inside of. @Maric you can PM if you would like

Too bad this released in the middle of the golf season. Just couldn't wait any longer and have picked up the garmin s62 watch. I'm quite happy with it.
The V3 seems like it does all the garmin does for golf functions except has the club tags which is nice.

You can set it up so you don't need your phone in your pocket if you have an Apple watch correct?
Yes you can but I don’t find it works well. I use to never have the problem until ios13.

I wanted to share a bit of my experience so far because I noticed in the previous thread there was a discussion of missed shots. As I've said, I have five rounds on the device (and hopefully two more this week) and I've only have one round that wasn't great at shot detection. I can't tell you what happened or why it happened, but I knew SOMETHING was up because it was acting funny. Sure enough, I had more than a handful missing shots. It wasn't all that big of a deal to me because I edit my round the same day that I play, so everything was still fresh but it was strange. It appears to have been an isolated experience (I'm chalking it up to being new to the device because it was the 2nd round) because rounds 3, 4, and 5 have been pretty solid.

For example, last round it missed 2 shots and added one additional shot in the fairway when I didn't actually have that stroke. I completely forgot that I took some practice swings after my approach while people looked for a lost ball and the device picked those up - easy enough to delete. An error rate of 2 shots per round puts it right where I would expect for a product in this space but I would kill for an indication that it may have missed a shot (like a pop-up asking if I really drove the ball 385 on the green...).

All signs point to good shot identification with a few bumps in the road left to irons out with a new system. The company should have another update out soon, so I'm optimistic it will continue to improve too, but we will wait and see.

Mine finally showed up today when I got home from my round, 5 months after I ordered the upgrade. Charged it and firmware update and all tags in ready to go for it's maiden round tomorrow. It's way more comfortable and less intrusive on the wrist than the V2. I have a counter weighted putter and tried velcro but wasn't happy that it sat up a bit, so used electrical tape, barely noticeable.

Mine finally showed up today when I got home from my round, 5 months after I ordered the upgrade. Charged it and firmware update and all tags in ready to go for it's maiden round tomorrow. It's way more comfortable and less intrusive on the wrist than the V2. I have a counter weighted putter and tried velcro but wasn't happy that it sat up a bit, so used electrical tape, barely noticeable.
I tried Velcro as well and wasn’t satisfied as well. If the tape doesn’t hold, when I was using game golf tags I cut the screw part off and used some clear silicon Adhesive/sealant to keep it on my putter grip. I put it between the tag and grip. Then once that dried ran a bead around to seal it up so it wouldn’t snag on anything. Best of all is you can remove it with a little elbow grease. This may leave some of the silicon residue on the grip though. Just another option to adhere tags if people are looking.

4AF36347-D4F4-49BB-BE50-1BB2DE40ECF1.jpeg

I cut a 3m command strip and stuck it to the top of my putter grip and the bottom of the sensor. Has worked well for me. Just another option

I wanted to share a bit of my experience so far because I noticed in the previous thread there was a discussion of missed shots. As I've said, I have five rounds on the device (and hopefully two more this week) and I've only have one round that wasn't great at shot detection. I can't tell you what happened or why it happened, but I knew SOMETHING was up because it was acting funny. Sure enough, I had more than a handful missing shots. It wasn't all that big of a deal to me because I edit my round the same day that I play, so everything was still fresh but it was strange. It appears to have been an isolated experience (I'm chalking it up to being new to the device because it was the 2nd round) because rounds 3, 4, and 5 have been pretty solid.

For example, last round it missed 2 shots and added one additional shot in the fairway when I didn't actually have that stroke. I completely forgot that I took some practice swings after my approach while people looked for a lost ball and the device picked those up - easy enough to delete. An error rate of 2 shots per round puts it right where I would expect for a product in this space but I would kill for an indication that it may have missed a shot (like a pop-up asking if I really drove the ball 385 on the green...).

All signs point to good shot identification with a few bumps in the road left to irons out with a new system. The company should have another update out soon, so I'm optimistic it will continue to improve too, but we will wait and see.
Check you GPS setting - When I had it on L1 + L4 I think, I got the same thing. Changed it back to L1 and it was fine...

Back