I tried Velcro as well and wasn’t satisfied as well. If the tape doesn’t hold, when I was using game golf tags I cut the screw part off and used some clear silicon Adhesive/sealant to keep it on my putter grip. I put it between the tag and grip. Then once that dried ran a bead around to seal it up so it wouldn’t snag on anything. Best of all is you can remove it with a little elbow grease. This may leave some of the silicon residue on the grip though. Just another option to adhere tags if people are looking.

View attachment 8952390
Considering the issue doesn't look bad at all... Any concern about it popping off as you put your club in the bag?

Check you GPS setting - When I had it on L1 + L4 I think, I got the same thing. Changed it back to L1 and it was fine...
I’m on L1 and have been the whole time. It was just one rouge round, so I’m not putting a lot of stock in it but I have to make sure the community knows it happened as part of the review.

Considering the issue doesn't look bad at all... Any concern about it popping off as you put your club in the bag?
No it was rock solid. When I went to remove it, it required a box cutter To break the deal and screwdriver to pry it off.

Awesome... You use some E6000 glue?

Also this system is awesome... I enjoy my rangefinder but having distances and shot tracking per round would be great.

Also this system is awesome... I enjoy my rangefinder but having distances and shot tracking per round would be great.

Mine is coming tomorrow supposedly (ordered yesterday from Dicks).

No, not E6000 (that is permanent epoxy I believe)...
This is what I had laying around the house. Sort of like a caulk where it dries with a little pliability in it
1594213683793.png

Your v3? I thought you already tracked a round?
I ordered a V3 yesterday. My rd I posted above was from Game Golf (i was using it as an example to show how you can share your rds with others). I am still currently using Game Golf through their app (removed my tags when the site was down a couple months back). I figured eventually their site would go under permanently so I wanted to switch to a different unit.

Last edited:
I ordered a V3 yesterday. My rd I posted above was from Game Golf (i was using it as an example to show how you can share your rds with others). I am still currently using Game Gold through their app (removed my tags when the site was down a couple months back). I figured eventually their site would go under permanently so I wanted to switch to a different unit.
Awesome I'm an idiot.

Went to setup my bag in the app noticed that many of the clubs I was gaming are not in there:
Tour Edge Xrail hybrids, Wingman Putter etc.
I sent Shot Scope an email last night and by this morning they had added all my requests to the drop down menus.
Pretty fast response there, I was impressed.
Also requested EXS220 in driver, fairways and Hybrids today as well.

I am still currently using Game Golf through their app (removed my tags when the site was down a couple months back). I figured eventually their site would go under permanently so I wanted to switch to a different unit.
That pretty much describes me. I got fed up with the Game Golf server being down a couple of times that I decided to look into other options. I don't have a smart watch so Arccos was out for me for a couple of reasons, one being the phone in the pocket until they come out with their belt worn device, and the batteries. They state batteries will last 5 years but it turns out that 5 years is based on 50 rounds per year. I play that many in a year and a half.

Golf Pad seemed to be a decent alternative but it uses NFC like Game Golf and required tagging the phone. It was so inconsistent in that regard that I would have to pull the phone from the pocket, try tapping the phone again (which worked only sometimes) or disable and reenable the scan function in their app. Added to that there were a lot of errors in how stats were calculated for an app that had been around for several years.

Based on my research, everything I have read and watched, I think the experience with Shot Scope will be what I am looking for. I, too, have been one to edit my rounds the same day with Game Golf, having to move putts off the green if I putted from the fringe and almost every hole having to relocate the pin. Doing that with Shot Scope for an occasional miss or having to add a stroke will be no big deal and the concept of capturing the pin location is a big winner in my book!

Does anyone know if the watch captures fitness data like steps taken or miles walked? I really think I want to get rid of my Arccos system, but I like my Apple Watch for tracking steps and exercise data.

Last edited:
Does an know if the watch captures fitness data like steps taken or miles walked? I really think I want to get rid of my Arccos system, but I like my Apple Watch for tracking steps and exercise data.
I haven’t see that feature.

I was curious what the GPS settings meant. This was copied from the Shot Scope site:

This article is for V3 and G3 users only. It will explain how to change the watch's setting from L1 to L1+L5 and explain the difference.
Until recently a GPS would connect to L1 satellites to get its location, new L5 satellites are being launched over the coming years which mean a GPS can connect to both sets of satellites which should mean for a more accurate location as you can cross reference the two GPS readings. L5 technology is still in its infancy and may help with the accuracy of a GPS location at the moment but it should be very useful technology in the coming years.

Switching the watch to L1+L5 will use more battery as you play. We advise at the moment to keep the watch in L1 mode and if you are finding your data is needing some more accuracy then try turning the watch to L1+L5 mode.

Follow the steps below to change the GPS settings:

1) Switch the watch on.

2) Press the bottom right button to navigate to the 'Settings' option .

3) Press the top right button to go into 'Settings'.

4) Press the bottom right button to cycle through the options until you see 'GPS'.

5) Press the top right button to enter 'GPS' settings.

6) Press the bottom right button to change to 'L1+L5'.

7) Press the top right button to confirm the settings change.

First round with my V3 today. Worst round in months, lol. Couldn't get off the tee. I think I was a little pre-occupied. V3 worked great despite my lack of practice swings and forgetting to collect a few pins as well as marking numerous penalty shots, which resulted in some heavy editing. Very pleased with the V3 performance, unlike mine. Found the yardages very accurate and quick to update, also found the V3 very unobtrusive and lightweight. looking forward to accumulating some valuable data to improve the brutal stats I accumulated today.

I haven’t posted in here, as I didn’t want to thread to go on a downer (I’ve posted lots of issues in the other thread). However, I’m now in contact with ShotScope, there is an update being pushed out later today, so I’m hoping that will sort my issues out. 🤞🏻

I haven’t posted in here, as I didn’t want to thread to go on a downer (I’ve posted lots of issues in the other thread). However, I’m now in contact with ShotScope, there is an update being pushed out later today, so I’m hoping that will sort my issues out. 🤞🏻
Glad you were able to get in touch with them. Did they say anything about the screen? Hopefully this update takes care of it.

Glad you were able to get in touch with them. Did they say anything about the screen? Hopefully this update takes care of it.

They apparently hadn’t seen this before. I’m not gonna lie, I got a little pissed at their silence so I went on a social media onslaught. I had a couple of folk mention theirs did the same. It was mentioned to their engineers and I’ve heard nothing since, but I’ll double check with them.

Does anyone know if the watch captures fitness data like steps taken or miles walked? I really think I want to get rid of my Arccos system, but I like my Apple Watch for tracking steps and exercise data.
I read on their website that it currently does not track fitness data but they are looking into adding that feature in a future update. There was no timing given though.

I didn’t see it on the site, but did contact support and they replied the same that they hope to have some fitness features in the future. I’m going to wait a while and see if the Arccos link works.

but if fitness is added, then it will be harder to stick with Arccos.

Please, bring your experience in here regardless. It’s valuable information to be shared and if it is resolved, it’s a great record of them listening. Squeaky wheel gets the oil!

They apparently hadn’t seen this before. I’m not gonna lie, I got a little pissed at their silence so I went on a social media onslaught. I had a couple of folk mention theirs did the same. It was mentioned to their engineers and I’ve heard nothing since, but I’ll double check with them.
Hey man. The squeeky wheel...

Too many people are having a great experience with this unit to accept what you're dealing with. Glad it's been acknowledged. Let us know how it goes.

I got an email with an firmware update. That’s pretty good for them.

Resistance was futile, ordered mine just now. Bring on the data.

In the email it said enhanced performance tracking and refined shot collection. Anyone know what this means

Back