Mine came in the mail today to out of the box and the strap has a small tear in it. Any one else have issues?
ad1f77c4403131e76345560a69612f04.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
No

I am getting to the point of pretty much ditching the data club tracking part of this thing. I like the GPS feature, but the data is not refined enough for me find helpful. No strokes gained is a big one for me, I guess I figured they would have that by now. Maybe they are spending too much time trying to get it to work correctly before they dive deeper in the analytics. I probably am expecting to much out of this, but 10 rounds in and I am still guessing on yardages and have about the same idea of how many fairways I miss or greens and in what direction.

Arccos and Garmin have strikes gained. Will see if this is more intuitive than arccos. If so I'll keep if not Beck to the drawing board.

Stroke gained on arccos is interesting. I learned which putting distance and count distances I need to work on and white I am already good.

For example I am a great lag Potter buy inside 10 feet not great.

My prices from 25 yards are not great.
My driving distances save me a shot but I lose 0.6 to penalty....

Would love if shot scope can do this.

Arccos and Garmin have strikes gained. Will see if this is more intuitive than arccos. If so I'll keep if not Beck to the drawing board.

Stroke gained on arccos is interesting. I learned which putting distance and count distances I need to work on and white I am already good.

For example I am a great lag Potter buy inside 10 feet not great.

My prices from 25 yards are not great.
My driving distances save me a shot but I lose 0.6 to penalty....

Would love if shot scope can do this.

It doesn’t. It keeps a fairly robust set of statistics, but not strokes gained analysis.

I have not tried any of these systems. How accurate is the distance tracking features?

My watch froze on the first hole tonight. I had to restart it to get it to track the last 7 holes.

It also recorded some shots on the front nine while I only played the back nine. I can understand two of them, because where they were recorded was close to holes I played. One, though, was nowhere near any shot or hole played. :confused2:

I’ve had the exact opposite experience. No issues whatsoever and not a single missed club or shot at all.

Going to try my v3 out for the first time today

I played 36 yesterday and the battery made to the end. First 18 I tracked shots and the second 18 I just it as a GPS as we were doing a scramble. Never missed a shot on the first 18.

My watch refuses to pick up tags sometimes. Not any set club, just it will randomly not pick up a tag. However, the addition of showing you which tag is active has made a huge difference. With that feature, I’ve gone from averaging 17 shots a round missed, to about 4. I can make a note of the shot as well when I know the tag hasn’t registered, so all in all, big improvements for me.

I’m still impressed with the ease of use of the Shot Scope V3.

I’m 12 rounds in with usage of this device and I can could on one hand the number of shots it’s missed.

I’m still impressed with the ease of use of the Shot Scope V3.

I’m 12 rounds in with usage of this device and I can could on one hand the number of shots it’s missed.
The inconsistency between users is so, so strange.

I wonder for you who are more technically savvy. Do you think the inconsistency comes from location? I am up in the mountains and sent a Garmin watch back after one round as it was off by 8-10 yards. Does that make a difference?

It doesn’t. It keeps a fairly robust set of statistics, but not strokes gained analysis.
well I use the watch and the tags for the first time today. I will say it messed no shots which was very nice to see. I did on a couple of occasions forget to do the tap of the button at the PIN to get the flag for the punting stats and I ran back to do it and maybe press the button too soon so that it was a little bit off and needed to be edited in post. However overall the accuracy was quite good.

my only concern in comparing it to the Archos was that the stats in Arcos showed me things like my handicap for driving approach shots short game shots etc and at least allowed me to compare myself to a certain category of player so that I would know where I need to improve. It seems like with shotscope it just lays the stats out there and it's really up to me to really figure out if what I think is a weakness is maybe actually not a weakness relative to my handicap.

My Hope is that they will mature the data collection and allow interpretation of the statistics with things like either shots gained or handicapped relative to the different types of shot ien driving handicap approach handicap short game handicap sand handicap hunting handicap so that I could see where I need to work on my game.

well I use the watch and the tags for the first time today. I will say it messed no shots which was very nice to see. I did on a couple of occasions forget to do the tap of the button at the PIN to get the flag for the punting stats and I ran back to do it and maybe press the button too soon so that it was a little bit off and needed to be edited in post. However overall the accuracy was quite good.

my only concern in comparing it to the Archos was that the stats in Arcos showed me things like my handicap for driving approach shots short game shots etc and at least allowed me to compare myself to a certain category of player so that I would know where I need to improve. It seems like with shotscope it just lays the stats out there and it's really up to me to really figure out if what I think is a weakness is maybe actually not a weakness relative to my handicap.

My Hope is that they will mature the data collection and allow interpretation of the statistics with things like either shots gained or handicapped relative to the different types of shot ien driving handicap approach handicap short game handicap sand handicap hunting handicap so that I could see where I need to work on my game.

I am glad that the data recorded was fairly accurate for you. The strokes gained with Arccos is, of course, a new feature, although it has longed assigned a handicap to driver, iron, sand, short game and putting, so that you could see how you compared, relative to your overall index.

I've now played 10 rounds with this on my wrist and am not experiencing any of the problems many have mentioned. I have no missed shots, other than tap-in putts being recorded as 2-footers, no missed chip shots despite the small swings used, no misidentified clubs......

Occasionally as I review the round on the map a shot location may be several yards off but I really feel this is due more to the inherent inaccuracy of GPS. According to GPS.Gov for example, a typical smart phone is only accurate to about 16 feet and that is 95% of the time. Atmospheric conditions and even trees can interfere with the signal. L5 is still considered "pre-operational" but when fully deployed will allow accuracy to be "sub meter".

I believe if a tee shot is not detected the system defaults to picking "driver" as the club used.

I'm in the same boat. No problems with tracking my shots or score other than tap in putts but i'm really not overly concerned about that. Every once in awhile i'll look at a hole and it has me taking shots from odd locations around a green and then i remember I had taken a couple practice chips onto the green while waiting to tee off on the next hole.

I am glad that the data recorded was fairly accurate for you. The strokes gained with Arccos is, of course, a new feature, although it has longed assigned a handicap to driver, iron, sand, short game and putting, so that you could see how you compared, relative to your overall index.
What is the plan for those type of metrics with shot scope?

While I appreciate all the data that it records, I would love help from their analytics to use that data in a way that can help me know where my strengths and weaknesses are relative to my handicap and how I can then work on aspects of my game to improve

with the current changes in arccos caddie it has just that showing where I am losing shots whether it be from putts of 1 to 10 ft or chips of 10 to 25 yards etc. by knowing that I now know that these are the areas I need to work on to improve my score

As much as I love the ease of use of the GPS and tag system and love its simplicity and lack of requirement of my phone to drain in my front pocket over the course of a round, collecting the data with no means of using it is a bit of a limitation for me.

I also would love them to add a live score card so I know my score as I play on the screen.

Play 18 today, Shot a 57 according to shot scope. Missed 5 holes all together. I have decided it comes down to a pace of play thing. If you play slower and deliberate then it has time to figure everything out. But we play 18 in under 4 hrs. Roll up in the cart, shoot distance, grab club, take a practice swing and fire. I think the system cannot keep up and it messes with the game for me. Slow play kills me and I feel like this is slowing people down. If you round is longer than 4.5 hrs as a 4 some and it picked up every shot with nice practice swings, that could be why it records everything, just saying. Walking it works better beccause you can afford all the time while others hit. In a cart, not so much. I wish I could have the battery only last 6 hrs and stay on so I do not need to swing 59 extra times in a round to turn it on.

What is the plan for those type of metrics with shot scope?

While I appreciate all the data that it records, I would love help from their analytics to use that data in a way that can help me know where my strengths and weaknesses are relative to my handicap and how I can then work on aspects of my game to improve

with the current changes in arccos caddie it has just that showing where I am losing shots whether it be from putts of 1 to 10 ft or chips of 10 to 25 yards etc. by knowing that I now know that these are the areas I need to work on to improve my score

As much as I love the ease of use of the GPS and tag system and love its simplicity and lack of requirement of my phone to drain in my front pocket over the course of a round, collecting the data with no means of using it is a bit of a limitation for me.

At this point, I am willing to conclude that Arccos is the stronger app of the two.

Play 18 today, Shot a 57 according to shot scope. Missed 5 holes all together. I have decided it comes down to a pace of play thing. If you play slower and deliberate then it has time to figure everything out. But we play 18 in under 4 hrs. Roll up in the cart, shoot distance, grab club, take a practice swing and fire. I think the system cannot keep up and it messes with the game for me. Slow play kills me and I feel like this is slowing people down. If you round is longer than 4.5 hrs as a 4 some and it picked up every shot with nice practice swings, that could be why it records everything, just saying. Walking it works better beccause you can afford all the time while others hit. In a cart, not so much. I wish I could have the battery only last 6 hrs and stay on so I do not need to swing 59 extra times in a round to turn it on.

I won't speak for everyone, but pace of play was not a factor in my unit's issues before I returned it. I golfed alone every round I had it on, and I rode in a cart every round. The longest couldn't have taken me more than two and half or three hours. I'm fairly certain the fastest round was the round in which the most swings were missed.

I've played 29 rounds using Shot Scope. In that time I think I may have had one misidentified club and other than tap-ins being recorded as 2-foot putts, maybe one missed shot in all of those rounds. I ride in a cart and our rounds are right around 3-hours +/- 10 minutes so pace of play has nothing to do with it.

A friend of mine uses ShotScope for solo rounds where he zips around in a cart in about two hours. He doesn't say it's absolutely perfect at detecting every shot but he hasn't had any serious problems like some people are reporting.

I'm convinced pace of play isn't much of a factor. It's got to be something about the position of the watch on your arm, the position of your hands on the club and/or the types of motions you make before and during each shot.

I have now used it for 8 rounds. Editing has been required for every round - 2 or 3 missed shots, 2 or 3 extra shots, and 1 or 2 wrong club identified each round. The editing on the computer is so easy, I don’t mind it all. I like going back and replaying the round virtually while editing. It makes me rethink decisions made so I find editing has some beneficial aspects. I do wish editing was easier on the phone, rather than having to do it on the computer though. I am hoping for future upgrades from that aspect.

For the record I am not saying if you do not miss shots it is because you are slow, lets get that right out there first off, before this turns into " I'm not slow thread, and so forth. Almost all slow people say they are not slow...... I was one of them till I got the talking to and I didnt even notice I was the slowest. But when you are shooting 100 and taking practice swings and such you eat up a ton of time. Good players are fast because they take fewer strokes, bad players are slower because they take more strokes, you cannot argue that. If you have 1 min worth of preshot silliness and you shoot 102 and you play with a scratch player that has the exact same routine he shoots a 72 math says your round is 30 mins longer.

I am more talking about how long you have that club in you left hand before swinging. If you play fast with it then all good. Solo rounds do not count for pace of play IMO since we can all fly when it is only one person hitting the ball. I feel the longer the preshot routine with you left hand on the club the better it reads. For me the left hand only goes on the club moments before I swing. I am not willing to change up how I aim and take 3 times as many swing in a round just to get it to read.

Back