Game Golf does that with no subscription.

1600787904511.png

So I'm just "Spit Balling" here.
Would you those that have the V3 system and got it to work, pay an annual fee to have your year reviewed, stats analysed and feedback on what to work on during the off-season?
Maybe like:
1. Work on your shots 150 and in to up your GIR percentages
3. Work on you 50 wedge shot to improve your up and down chances.
2. Work on putts 12 to 18 feet to better your 1 putt/2 putt chances.

I know nothing other that I have 4 years of stats and I still wonder where I should spend my time working on my game.
I bet there are instructors, local or otherwise, that would be able to analyze that data and make a recommendation. I know it's not as simple as a one stop shop to gather, analyze, and get recommendations. But, 4 years of data is a lot and I think a qualified instructor could really work with that.

Game Golf does that with no subscription
Game Golf does/did a lot of things for years that the others are just implementing (hello, Strokes Gained). It's been the most reliable at actually recording the shots of the three systems I've tried, too.

Game Golf does/did a lot of things for years that the others are just implementing (hello, Strokes Gained). It's been the most reliable at actually recording the shots of the three systems I've tried, too.
It never missed a shot in all the time I used it. It did require editing as any use of the putter was deemed to be "on the green" and, of course, they had no pin location function. There was nothing else to really complain about other than their server being down quite frequently this year. That is really the reason I switched to V3.

Consider the V1 game app. I use an Apple Watch and rarely take my phone out of pocket. It has auto shot detection. It then has a virtual coach based on strokes gained and gives you what you should work on based on your stats. Great app

my understanding and communicating with the shot scope people are that they are planning on implementing a strong scheme type feature beginning in Spring of 2021. I suspect that this will give you some of that added information as to which aspects of your game you are better or worse than others at the handicap level you are trying to attain.

Arccos is currently doing this and I really like the approach to their statistics. However I'm much prefer wearing a GPS watch on my risk with small tags on my clubs rather than the setup that Arcos currently has. Also I do not like paying an annual subscription model.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

My last 2 rounds were my first ones that more than 1 or 2 shots were missed. This time as many as 8 or 9 and sometimes wrong club was registered.
Anyone else have that issue?

My last 2 rounds were my first ones that more than 1 or 2 shots were missed. This time as many as 8 or 9 and sometimes wrong club was registered.

Yes, same issue and it was just the last round.
Just a couple of Phantom clubs however I was playing 9 holes.

my understanding and communicating with the shot scope people are that they are planning on implementing a strong scheme type feature beginning in Spring of 2021. I suspect that this will give you some of that added information as to which aspects of your game you are better or worse than others at the handicap level you are trying to attain.

Arccos is currently doing this and I really like the approach to their statistics. However I'm much prefer wearing a GPS watch on my risk with small tags on my clubs rather than the setup that Arcos currently has. Also I do not like paying an annual subscription model.

This will be great if it happens

New firmware update sounds interesting:

Please read the information below which details a new update to your Shot Scope V3.

In order to get the best experience from your V3 please update your V3 firmware from 2.2.62 to the latest firmware 2.2.76. The latest firmware includes the following improvements; measure last shot and improved time to get a GPS fix.

Improved time to get a GPS fix
In this firmware, we have improved the time V3 takes to get a GPS fix at the start of the round.

New Feature - Measure Last Shot
This is a new feature which measures the distance of the last shot automatically in GPS+Track mode, and also measures the last shot manually in GPS mode.

How to access:
GPS+Track
Unlock the screen, and press the menu button (top left). As you walk towards your ball, the number shown on the screen will increase. This then resets automatically, once you hit your next shot.
GPS mode
Unlock the screen, press the menu button (top left) then press start (top right button). As you walk towards your ball, the number shown on the screen will increase. Should you wish, repeat this process everytime you hit a shot.

After updating the firmware, my watch started the reboot process and has been stuck on the opening "V3" logo for almost 10 minutes now. That doesn't seem good.

Same with mine. Looks like it's bricked. Sent support an email.

Same with mine. Looks like it's bricked. Sent support an email.
Yup, mine as well. I restarted it once by holding power button for 20 seconds and it is doing the same thing again.
Same here on an attempted restart. This is a disappointing 'update'.

Just got this email back from support:

"I'm really sorry but there was an error with the firmware file that was uploaded to the app. This has been corrected now but we need to first revert the firmware on your watch to the original firmware so we can then get you to go back and update the watch to the correct recently released firmware. Below are the steps we need you take:

Step 1 - Revert the firmware on the watch.

- Make sure the watch is turned off
- With the screen off, hold down the bottom left and right buttons
- Whilst still holding down those buttons, press the top left button once and then release. A V3 logo should appear on the screen. If this does not appear then start from the beginning.
- Continue to hold down these two bottom buttons for 40 seconds. This should reset the firmware
- After this is done, connect the watch to the mobile app and update the firmware/go through on boarding. It is very important to do this straight after the reset so this can fix the issue.

Its not the easiest process by design so you may need a few attempts at this but it does work. Thanks for your patience.

Step 2 - Connect the watch to the app and update the firmware"

Just got this email back from support:

"I'm really sorry but there was an error with the firmware file that was uploaded to the app. This has been corrected now but we need to first revert the firmware on your watch to the original firmware so we can then get you to go back and update the watch to the correct recently released firmware. Below are the steps we need you take:

Step 1 - Revert the firmware on the watch.

- Make sure the watch is turned off
- With the screen off, hold down the bottom left and right buttons
- Whilst still holding down those buttons, press the top left button once and then release. A V3 logo should appear on the screen. If this does not appear then start from the beginning.
- Continue to hold down these two bottom buttons for 40 seconds. This should reset the firmware
- After this is done, connect the watch to the mobile app and update the firmware/go through on boarding. It is very important to do this straight after the reset so this can fix the issue.

Its not the easiest process by design so you may need a few attempts at this but it does work. Thanks for your patience.

Step 2 - Connect the watch to the app and update the firmware"

This fixed my issue btw but I did have to "forget the device" in my bluetooth settings and re-add it and them once logged into the Shot Scope app, had to add the device as a new device. Once done, it automatically prompted me to update the firmware. No stats or rounds etc get lost during this process.

Back to life, my watch is working again I guess. I guess this is the price you pay for early adopter. thanks for the tips guys!

I like the new feature. (y)

Anyone else have an issue with some of the tags not registering easily?

I played last night with the new update installed. The shot distance tracking worked flawlessly. It's kinda cool to get the info right away.
I don't know if it found the GPS Satellites any faster however I will tell you that for what ever reason, the sync to the app after my round was complete seemed quite quick.

My last 9 hole round had at least four missed shots and a couple of incorrect clubs registered. I was pretty excited about this but I am very close to junking it.

Bummed to see this not working for some.
I have been using it for a couple months now and have no real issues to comment on. When I come off the course prior to editing my score is always within a stroke or two of actual and this is probably my fault as sometimes I take some practice shots if the course is not backed up and I am playing alone.

I use the "L1" gps setting because "L1+ L5" never never seems to be able to find the course. I shut off the watch, switch back to "L1" and the course is usually found within a minute or so.

Mine has never registered the wrong club unless I hit a 2nd/test shot from the same spot with another club.

The one quirky thing is when you get close to the green and walk across it to chip on, it goes into green mode. But having said that it always picks up the club I chip with. I just make sure to give it a practice swing, then chip the ball. I just wish that you could toggle on and off the green mode to ensure its picking up the right club.

As for the data, I know they plan to rollout more functionality but right now I still prefer GameGolf's data page better. I like being able to select individual rounds to compare clubs, scores and such. (They plan to add this functionality later).
Also, I wish they would give you your average score per round for 9 holes and 18 holes, instead of giving you your average to par. Some courses I play are par 70, others 72, etc.

All and all thought I like it and also not having to wear a belt receiver and or keep a phone in your pocket. I always swore off wearing a watch to play but I don't even notice having it on and also like the GPS feature. Nice not to have to shoot every pin.

I've definitely noticed that it captures the GPS signal faster. Once given the go ahead to head to the 1st tee, it takes a couple of minutes to drive to it, going through a tunnel under a six lane highway along the way. It used to be that as we pulled up to the back tees waiting for the guys in front of us to go off it would still be searching. Now it finds the GPS signal(s) before we even get to the tunnel.

I've looked at the yardage of the last shot once or twice but really don't need that info during the course of my round so it's kind of a meaningless feature for me. More time needs to be put into the dashboard to provide additional info such as Shots Gained, shot and score history for each hole including graphically, selecting which rounds to look at instead of Last, last 15 and all........

Back