I need to commend the Shot Scope people for some very smart firmware updates. About a month ago, I was ready to put my V3 on eBay and just use my laser exclusively. The functionality and reliability of the V3 was absolutely abysmal. Missing shots, tagging the wrong club, taking forever to lock onto GPS sats pre-round. I have ben griping to them forever (via email) that it makes no sense you can't immediately measure single shots....when every other GPS device can. Lo and behold....they introduce shot tracking capability on every shot. I was just about to email them saying that often times I like to play two balls....or hit an occasional practice shot.....or start the GPS sat search while I'm on the range....but that screws up the data. This week they introduce new firmware update that let's you pause the round. Nice. I still have issues with the watch ending my round on like the 11th hole, so I'm hoping they address this. And it still takes FOREVER for the watch to identify the course I'm playing. My old Bushnell Ghost would figure out the course in about 20 seconds. The V3 is closer to 4 minutes....that's just unacceptable. They need to work on this.\

And there is a lot more coming.

And there is a lot more coming.

Hopefully they add some added features to the dashboard/stats.
I feel that is the only area they lag behind with other tracking like Game Golf.
Game Golf lets you select individual rounds or data ranges which is nice when comparing clubs, scoring over certain periods, weather, etc..
Also I wished your stats would show club name and not just 6i with a yellow, blue, black color code.
When I emailed them this summer they said within the upcoming months both would be addressed but it still hasn't happened.
Maybe this off season for us Northerners will give them a chance to get to some of these enhancement features.

Time to install some tags and make sure I have all of the latest firmware and course mappings! A local course opened up again on Saturday and I am taking a day off work to give this season a proper send off!

Christmas ponder.
Real mixed bag of reviews in this thread, hard to make out if it's worthwhile or not.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Christmas ponder.
Real mixed bag of reviews in this thread, hard to make out if it's worthwhile or not.

What about the V2, you can pick those up quite cheap now

Christmas ponder.

I’ve been one of the more critical people in this thread. It’s far better now than it was 3 months ago. Still misses the odd shot, but there is now the ability to see the shot has been missed, so you can make a note and edit the round when you have finished. I feel comfortable recommending this to people with the updates that have been made.

Last edited:
Christmas ponder.

I’ve been reluctant to talk about how well my V3 works for fear of jinxing it, but I’ve had none of the issues others report regularly experiencing. My only complaint about it is that I haven’t had enough time to get out and use it as much as I’d like. I enjoy the gps feature of the watch during the round and I enjoy the little bit of editing after the round. The stats are good as well. I recommend the V3 highly.

It is rare that mine misses or adds a shot. The only issues I have had, I believe, relate to mapping. When I review and edit the round on the Dashboard, some approach shots are nowhere near where I recall them being and the accuracy of the Pin Collect function I have found to be bordering on abysmal. The course is supposedly adding a couple of new tees here this fall and I'm waiting for that before requesting a re-map. Oh, also related to mapping I think is when the putting screen shows up or reverts to yardages is confusing on some holes.

What about the V2, you can pick those up quite cheap now
For the cost of the V3 it's worthwhile if you guys say so!
I’ve been one of the more critical people in this thread. It’s far better now than it was 3 months ago. Still misses the odd shot, but there is now the ability to see the shot has been missed, so you can make a note and edit the round when you have finished. I feel comfortable recommending this to people with the updates that have been made.
Thanks Mark! As you're in the UK that's quite good to hear since I'm also here.
We should do a THP UK golf day!
I’ve been reluctant to talk about how well my V3 works for fear of jinxing it, but I’ve had none of the issues others report regularly experiencing. My only complaint about it is that I haven’t had enough time to get out and use it as much as I’d like. I enjoy the gps feature of the watch during the round and I enjoy the little bit of editing after the round. The stats are good as well. I recommend the V3 highly.
Thanks for the feedback!

I think I will pick this up and then get new irons for my birthday in February
Need more special occasions for more equipment

Need more special occasions for more equipment

I am happy to brainstorm with you. I can help you blow your finances into the next galaxy.

My experiences lead me to believe that there is still a lot of room for progress, but I totally agree that materially identifiable progress is being made and I am willing to be patient, although I am back to using Arccos for a while.

I am happy to brainstorm with you. I can help you blow your finances into the next galaxy.
Can do a birthday-valentines day double golf gift from the wife in February

Alright. Just did a firmware update. Should be ready for my round tomorrow. Still need to install the tags and test to make sure they show up.

So, I read that you can pause the round in progress. I started a round to see if I could find that option. Couldn't see it anywhere. Can one of you fine folks tell me where I can find that?

Also, how long does it take until the buttons lock on their own?

Thanks Mark! As you're in the UK that's quite good to hear since I'm also here.
We should do a THP UK golf day! Thanks for the feedback!

I defected! I live in California now. There’s planets of UK THPers though and I’m pretty sure there used to be a UK golf day. I’m sure it’s something that would get some attention if someone was to try and get it up and running again.

Installed and ready to roll!

In a side note, they're so much more discreet than Arccos, it's ridiculous. I tried an Arccos sensor on my putter a while back and it was such a terrible fit. This isn't at all noticeable when I grip the club. I did trim a bit off the sensor so it would work with my stroke lab putter.

20201103_225437.jpg
20201103_225441.jpg

Installed and ready to roll!

In a side note, they're so much more discreet than Arccos, it's ridiculous. I tried an Arccos sensor on my putter a while back and it was such a terrible fit. This isn't at all noticeable when I grip the club. I did trim a bit off the sensor so it would work with my stroke lab putter.

View attachment 8972545
View attachment 8972546
Yeah, that sits really nice on that deep etch.

If you are running into issues with putting locations, the manual mode is helpful. I ran into issues where it would mark a putt where I was tamping down spike marks or divots. I haven't used Arccos and am unfamiliar how to map putts on that system, but have reviewed stats for some clients and I don't believe that system is any better. One friend is making 40% of their putts from beyond 30' I saw another round where 15 of the first putt distances were 8'.

I'm still using V2 and love it, the only thing missing is summarizing the data into Strokes Gained by area similar to Arccos.

If you are running into issues with putting locations, the manual mode is helpful. I ran into issues where it would mark a putt where I was tamping down spike marks or divots. I haven't used Arccos and am unfamiliar how to map putts on that system, but have reviewed stats for some clients and I don't believe that system is any better. One friend is making 40% of their putts from beyond 30' I saw another round where 15 of the first putt distances were 8'.

I'm still using V2 and love it, the only thing missing is summarizing the data into Strokes Gained by area similar to Arccos.

definitely agree.
I couldn’t use the tag on my putter because of the shaft adjustment screw (ping sigma) So I use the manual putting option. It’s not perfect on marking the actual distance but it’s close though. Most of the time I only need to adjust 2-3 putts afterward.

definitely agree.
I couldn’t use the tag on my putter because of the shaft adjustment screw (ping sigma) So I use the manual putting option. It’s not perfect on marking the actual distance but it’s close though. Most of the time I only need to adjust 2-3 putts afterward.
Keep in mind that putter tags can be purchased through Shot Scope’s website that have an adhesive to attach to the putter grip, rather than a screw in mechanism.

Keep in mind that putter tags can be purchased through Shot Scope’s website that have an adhesive to attach to the putter grip, rather than a screw in mechanism.
Thanks for the tip. Wasn't aware of that.

Actually come to think of it, I switched to a putter and grip that allows for the tag but I am so anal about doing anything I can to get the most accurate results, that tagging on the green has become part of my routine. So I plan to stick with the manual putting mode.

So, I read that you can pause the round in progress. I started a round to see if I could find that option. Couldn't see it anywhere. Can one of you fine folks tell me where I can find that?
Go here:

Just wrapped up my round. Have to go through everything and make sure the data is accurate. At first glance, it had me on the wrong tee box twice and had one phantom shot.

I hit one OB and am not quite sure how to handle it in the app. I can add a penalty shot but, when moving the approximate location to the area OB, but it's not looking right. Going to log into my account on a PC and see if it's a little easier to edit.

I also ended up with a phantom 6 iron in my stats, lol. Not quite sure what's going on with that. I did test the V2 a while back. Wonder if it has something to do with that.

Screenshot_20201104-163709_Shot Scope.jpg

Back