So not sure if anyone is experiencing this too, but my V3 was all over the place today. Missed a lot of shots on the front 9, selected the wrong club on multiple holes and added a couple of shots on the back 9. Had a lot of editing to do today.

I'm having trouble updating to the new firmware. per the update doc it says once watch is connected it will give me an option to update firmware. but it is not giving me the option. Anyone else having trouble updating firmware? my watch connects fine and has even loaded a round in, but no option to update firmware.

I'm having trouble updating to the new firmware. per the update doc it says once watch is connected it will give me an option to update firmware. but it is not giving me the option. Anyone else having trouble updating firmware? my watch connects fine and has even loaded a round in, but no option to update firmware.

I had to ... delete the app and totally power off the watch, re-download and re-install the app, power on the watch and re-connect to the app, re-do the firmware update, then the firmware update was successful. I got "unsuccessful" several times before doing that.

So not sure if anyone is experiencing this too, but my V3 was all over the place today.
The distances on my watch were nuts today. 10 yds long on one hole, 10 yds short on the next one -- completely unreliable F/M/B distances today. It was the first time I've had this problem with the watch.

It was also the first round since I updated the firmware to the latest version with the yardages to layup points. My course did not have a update for that, though, so maybe that's part of the problem.

I was 5 yds inside the 150 marker in the fairway on one hole, and the watch said 154 to the center of the green. Lasered a pin a few steps on from the front edge at 94 yds; the V3 had the front edge at 103 away.

The distances on my watch were nuts today. 10 yds long on one hole, 10 yds short on the next one -- completely unreliable F/M/B distances today. It was the first time I've had this problem with the watch.

It was also the first round since I updated the firmware to the latest version with the yardages to layup points. My course did not have a update for that, though, so maybe that's part of the problem.

I was 5 yds inside the 150 marker in the fairway on one hole, and the watch said 154 to the center of the green. Lasered a pin a few steps on from the front edge at 94 yds; the V3 had the front edge at 103 away.
I thought my distances were off today. I hit some absolute bombs off the tee today at the course I normally play and I was the farthest I’ve ever been and I was like dang 274…lol I was almost certain they were closer to 300 lol. I had a couple shots I trusted the distances and I was short and/or long. Hoping this new firmware update didn’t screw things up too much bc it was working great prior to.

Hoping this new firmware update didn’t screw things up too much bc it was working great prior to.
It's been so good up to this point, that I had hardly taken the laser out lately.

It's been so good up to this point, that I had hardly taken the laser out lately.
I have felt the same. Been seeing a lot of problems since the update. Hoping it gets fixed.

My watch locked up on the 12th hole and would not shutdown or reset. I plugged it in when I got home and was able to reset it.

I had to ... delete the app and totally power off the watch, re-download and re-install the app, power on the watch and re-connect to the app, re-do the firmware update, then the firmware update was successful. I got "unsuccessful" several times before doing that.
I’m having flashbacks to first getting started with the watch, which wasn’t fun. After that it was a lot of good though.

Had to delete the app and re-install. Then try re-installing the firmware update as it kept crashing. Lost my most recent round of data have to check and see if anything else is missing. Never had the distances off by as much as they are recently. I still keep my Arccos app running for GPS and there were substantial discrepancies. Like 5-10 yards today. Arccos was bang on.

Had to delete the app and re-install. Then try re-installing the firmware update as it kept crashing. Lost my most recent round of data have to check and see if anything else is missing. Never had the distances off by as much as they are recently. I still keep my Arccos app running for GPS and there were substantial discrepancies. Like 5-10 yards today. Arccos was bang on.
That is super strange. It’s not as if a different GPS is functioning.

I have to say mine has been superb.
So good that 2 others in my 4 ball have also bought one.
Mind you I think I'm the only one who loves editing afterwards and studying all the data.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Mine has been fine since the the firmware update (yesterday being an exception I'll get to) though I've noticed one thing I don't like. It seems if there are hazards that need to be displayed along with layup yardages, it doesn't show more than two screens of that data. After my drive on a par 5 I was looking for the layup to 100 yards and due to hazards being shown it only showed layup to 200 (which wasn't that far in front of me) and 150.

I didn't particularly notice yardages being off yesterday, but I rarely look at the watch for that relying more on a laser RF. However, on one hole, using manual putting mode, I walked all along the green and it kept showing yardages and I never could get the Pin Collect screen to come up without doing it manually.

I guess Friday was just a fluke, because the GPS numbers from the V3 watch were in line with the course markers, rangefinder, and Arccos GPS distances yesterday.

Do you guys tend to keep your watch constantly on the charger when not in use? The last couple of times I have let it fully charge then taken it off the charger only to find it out of juice when I eventually reach for it to use during a round. Batteries drain, so no big deal. Just curious.

Do you guys tend to keep your watch constantly on the charger when not in use? The last couple of times I have let it fully charge then taken it off the charger only to find it out of juice when I eventually reach for it to use during a round. Batteries drain, so no big deal. Just curious.
It doesn't take very long to charge after a round so usually it has reached 100% by the time I edit my round on Shot Scope and review my stats. So I will then take it off and shut it down. I've occasionally forgotten about it and left it for a day or so over a weekend but have not found it "out of juice" the next time I go to use it after doing that.

When I get home after a round I download and turn the watch off. I may not play again until the following weekend and I put it on the charger first thing in the morning and my battery still have about 60% charge left.

Watch worked perfectly today and was picking up the clubs just like it used to. The hard restart might have done the trick. No issues at all today and the yardages were spot on.

Another good day with the V3 yesterday. I just used the GPS function because it was more of a “practice “ round. The course was pretty empty so I was able to hit a few extra shots. It is evident from the data that I miss short on most of my approaches and is an area where I am working on to tighten my game.

I'm almost afraid to post this, but ... the V3 picked up all 36 shots correctly this morning. WooHoo!

Signing out and back in did the trick. Have the yardages. Love the device.
I sometimes get last after a round about editing bit the data has helped me know my true yardages. Also helped me really see where my biggest issues were.

Hcp now down to 5.8

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

I played in a member guest at a friends CC this weekend. I was a bit disappointed to learn the V3 could not find / access the club. I got a message saying there were no courses within a mile…I was standing in the parking lot to the club. Not the end of the world, but it would have been nice to be be able to use the watch.

I played in a member guest at a friends CC this weekend. I was a bit disappointed to learn the V3 could not find / access the club. I got a message saying there were no courses within a mile…I was standing in the parking lot to the club. Not the end of the world, but it would have been nice to be be able to use the watch.
Hey, Cap! What was the name of the course and what city is it located in?

You probably did, but did you have the course listed and subscribed in your courses on the app? Disregard, I just looked at the instructions and apparently you don't need to do that now.

Gang --

Example: you're approaching the green from the right, walk near/or across the green to where you ball lies in the bunker/rough left of the green, does your V3 now show the green/pin collect view?

How do you get it out of that view so it properly reads that you're using a SW in the bunker or rough?

Since you're aware that the watch does that do you make a conscious effort to walk around the green instead of near/across it?

Back